Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Flip of a Coin? Paper Rock Scissors?

Are you the planner who creates your wonderful cruise vacation? Is it a family decision, or one of the couple says, you go, I will follow....Oh and pack for me too:):)

Do you get a kick out of perusing sites, and brochures, as I do?. Just the pictures can set my heart aflutter:) Looking at new ports and excusions, can take you away for a moment?

Are you one to book onboard, to keep the excitment going?

I do know one thing though, If It's a Cruismate's cruise, someone else may have done the fun work of research, but there is such a different sensability to our cruises, that when I can go, I WANT to go;)

How does it work in your house?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Mam,
It's a little of both at our house. We both try to plan everything together,but sometimes,Joyce calls the shots,sometimes the honor comes my way!
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Admiral

I'm guilty of doing most of the "work" involved in cruise planning and booking around here. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) sometimes makes suggestions about a specific line or ship that she'd like to try, and if at all possible that's what we do, but she is very happy just to pack her bags, and get in the car to head for the port. 8)

Ken
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

When I find a cruise that I think both my wife and I will like I will "prepare" a proposal. I won't submit the proposal if I don't think it can meet our financial or time constraints.

This proposal consists of:

1. Where: What ports
2. When
3. How much, including transportation.
4. Any additional information, such as who will be going or special circumstances that may make the cruise special.

Once the proposal is accepted I do just about everything, concerning the cruise portion from there.

My wife will have input on pre and post cruise travel and lodging, if there is more than one night or if we will do an extended land portion. I will do all the research, pricing and booking. She stays out of it.

My wife freely admits that she really doesn't care what ship it is, what cruise line or its size. (However a "R" ship carries some weight) She just wants a balcony, good food and ports that she hasn't seen before or a cruise that includes interesting itineraries.

You can ask her to list the ships we've been on and she may be able to name five of them. (We've done about four times that many) She's loved almost every one of them but remembers the people and places more.

She's actually very easy to please.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
Admiral

All the planning falls to me! I get excited when DH can actually remember what ship we are going to be on and when! That is the reason we (I) get to book a balcony -- he prefers an inside cabin. I like the fresh air and hearing the waves below. He doesn't complain, though. I know the type of activities he likes, so he leaves it up to me and it gives me great pleasure to do the research.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I do all the research, and then run it by hubby. Basically, I just let him feel like he's involved in the decision making. I do let him know what I'm finding, but once I say "Do you think this sounds alright", I've done everything except actually called the TA!

Terri
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I take full blame for our cruises. So far everyone has been pleased. Hubby just asked me yesterday to tell him again what ship, and where were we going.

The kids probably won't mention it again until later in the year, when it gets cold in Texas, and they seek warmer weather.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:14 AM
Admiral

I have to run all proposals by "The Boss"

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I see my wife isn't alone. It's probably why it doesn't really bother me when someone is going on a cruise and has no idea what ship they are sailing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Admiral

I do all the planning except for the airline reservations. For some reason I get the "deer in the headlights" look when I try to book air .

DH loves cruising, but all he wants to know is when we're going (so he can mark off his vacation days). He's like Mike's DW; not a clue about the name of the ship! I don't think he even knows our TA's name. The only input he had for next year is that he wanted to cruise to Alaska, so I booked it!

Everything works out well for us and we've always had great cruises .

Could be because we're "old married people" and don't have to check with each other about everything!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Admiral

I do everything!! From research to booking. Hotels for before and after the cruise. I just tell my BF when and where and how much he owes me for his portion. The only thing we decide together is the excursions. I usually have those all picked out too and just make sure they are okay. If I waited for him to do anything we would never go anywhere. He the #1 procrastinator!!

Need some cruise help?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Admiral

I am the planner and researcher. Then I put forward the choices, and funny enough, from the choices, we all end up picking the one that in my mind I thought was best, but I always give choices as it should be a group decision.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Admiral

I plan far, far ahead.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.