Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Good Morning It's Thursday Aug. the 2nd

Good morning everyone from Amberg Germany where we arrived about an hour ago.

I wish you could see our motel!!! Picture the best 5 star, which was where we came from, and then picture Robin Hood!! Our motel was built in 1698. It has the exposed beams, with walls that are damp and very thick.

The furniture looks like someone went out this morning, and cut the wood, and the room smells like it too. All of the lamps and chandeliers are period, but have been converted to modern electricity. We have two queen size beds, and a love seat that makes into a bed. (There has to be a joke in there somewhere.

The bathroom is ultra modern, with both shower and hot tub looking thing, for two.

I have not seen much of Amberg, but we are right down town, so I hope to do some exploring later.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Sounds like interesting digs Luanne!
Angela Z.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's HHH here in Beantown, and a lazy kinda summer day..I COULD go out, but do I WANT to go out, that's my question of the morning.

I was watching a shopping channel this morn, and I saw the neatest thing. They call it a digital wallet. Like a credit size viewer, you upload your pictures into. Slips into a holder, and I can carry it, and whip our pix of the Conquest cruise, and the new baby! Watchout, I may, bore you to death, when I see you:):):)

So that's my story today, and I'm sticking to it:)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Greetings from the beautiful Finger Lakes region of upstate New York, where the only place you'd want to be is in the lake today. The temps are going to be in the mid 90's today and tomorrow. UGH!

There's not much going on today. Even if there was, I'd be taking it easy, 'cuz it's too hot to work. I don't know how the road crews do it!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from another steamy day in Montreal. There is a high heat and humidity warning out there today! 8)

Looks like another hot, gruelling work day for me .....

donna
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Captain

Good Morning, Mates!

Sounds wonderful, Luanne!!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Enjoy!

Hot here already, too! I'll be indoors at Abbott, working away in the AC!

I have to work now, as much as possible, I close on the house in Two Rivers, Wisconsin on August 28th and my mobile home isn't sold yet!

I'm very excited, especially being so close to Lake Michigan, the beach, walking path and parks. Winter will be a little dicey but so is Chicago weather!

Well, speaking of work, I owe, so off to work I go!!! :-)

Stay cool everyone and bon voyage to anyone leaving for a cruise, oops it isn't Friday, only Thursday, geesh!!!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl!Nice picture Donna! I have to drive md to a class today and later I am hoping to see our oldest daughter too as she isn't working today.

Yesterday I test drove my next car a Z4 BMW....it's a 2004 and drives like a dream. We wanted to wait until the end of the year to get one but this one has it all plus my favorite...a 5 speed. We will have to talk about this one. Kids are surprised because it only has 2 seats but my dh Camry has enough room if we need to take all teenagers somewhere.

Not much else is happening but thats a good thing. Preparing to preach in 2 weeks , this will keep me busy with research.

Next week we are heading to bring all 3 girls to Tampa as I surprsied them with tickets to see John Meyers. They are thrilled.

Have a good day mates!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,

Yep another HHH day here in the Tidewater of Va. as well.

We will be going up to the Rivah later this afternoon for a long weekend escape.

I got the coolest thing last night,,,it's called a Margaritaville Concoction Maker,,,can't wait to try it out tonight !!! Gonna be a good weekend.

Hey I gotta stay cool somehow,,,and what better way than with a frozen drink thingee

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............weather guy just said low to mid 80's for today.....sounds good to me.....

Not much going on here.....

Y'all have a good Thursday...........

Sharon
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Donna, love the pool! My precious grandbaby has one just like it!

Not much on my agenda today. I went to the YMCA first thing this morning. Nearly killed me! The first day is the first step in starting a routine, huh?

Everyone make it a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Captain

good moring everone it is so hot here in central IL it is in they 90
going shopping with my mom sister then we will have lunch with
my neice hope every ne has a good day
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning It's Thursday August 2, 2007

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. I wish it would last longer. Don't like the humidity thing.

Gym day for Keith, laundry day for me.

Have a good one!

Judy
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Hi Luanne! What a picture you are painting.

RD, You just had to get your feet wet, eh?

I just looked out the window for the first time and I see... rain. So a wet one here in Houston I see.

Have a great day friends!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

My first check in since surgery. I thought I would be back online sooner, but just wasn't able too. Surgery went well, and am gaining slow and steady progress. The swelling and bruising are about gone. Still very little feeling in my face or mouth, which might be good. It seems to have effected my eye sight a bit. I did have a bit of a complication. After surgery my body didn't want to wake up and breath, so I was placed in ICU for about 24 hours. The doctor's determine it was because I had worked myself to exhaustion prior to surgery. I knew I had, but didn't know the risks.

I still speak with a speech impediment. Will be glad to get back to normal, especially eating! Still on mostly liquids.

Kids head back to school in 10 days - I can't believe it. DD just found out a change in course has taken place at the university and maynot be able to graduate next year. This has been stressful. DS has also broken up with his gf - which is stressful, but truly a good thing, if we can all live thru it. As always the household has not slowed down, even tho' I have.

I will slowly start backtracking thru the posts a little at a time, as it is hard to read right now.

Thanks again for all you prayers and support, I know they made a difference. Can't wait to catch up on all that's been going on here. I hope it has all been good things!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Admiral

VTGen, glad to hear from you and get better soon!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Welcome back Jen

Take care and get well soon
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow Luanne! I so envy you and where you are staying! Transported back into the Middle Ages, are ya? That is the era I would have loved to live in! I bet it would be a blast to do a little "ghost hunting" in there .

I'm babysitting 3 of my g/kids today and they are playing in their new 8ft. x 2 1/2ft. pool. It must be freezing because I just finished filling it with my well water. If I can drink a glass of my water without even using any ice and it is c-o-l-d, I can imagine what it must feel like to swim in it! But to a kid, it just means summer fun.....
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning It's Thursday August 2, 2007

Hi, Jen. We've all been thiking about you. So good to see you back. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Judy
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

Jen, I'm so happy to see you posting, and to know that you are healing up. Hope you make yourself take it easy for a while and let your body continue to mend itself.

Phyll
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Hey Jen,,,Welcome back,,,we were all wondering about you,,,,so glad to "see" your back. Take it slow,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Jen! you're back! So glad to hear you are ok and healing at last. Take it easy girl, we need you well!

donna