Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Yeoman

Default Good Morning.... I finally found my computer

Greetings to all of our cruisemate friends. We are finally getting settled in Mass. after the move from Fl. Last night DH and I went on a computer hunt to see if we could find all the components to our computer. it was spread out over 3 rooms so it was a fine scavenger hunt. Then it was off to find a phone jack. That was no easy task as we have a very old home with several phone lines but only one in operation at the moment. Finally found one in the kids game room. So...we are up and running. Next is to get countdown clock up and running for our Thanksgiving cruise to St Thomas. Uh, I need my coffee.... Have a great weekend
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Where are you in Ma? I originally came from Melrose. I lived in NH for many years and moved this year to Lakeland FL. Seems like we traded places.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Anne: Glad you are moved in and hooked up to the Cyber world.

I'm just waiting for Sleeping Beauty to awake and we will be on our way up north for my brothers 50th birthday party. We should be back tomorrow.

We finally had a good thunderstorm and some, much needed, rain. We were dog sitting my son's dog and she hates thunderstorms so she had me awake at 3:30 a.m. with whining and frantic running around the house. I finally broke the cardinal rule and had her jump up next to me in bed, just to keep her quite. She was shaking like a leaf. At least I was able to get three more hours of sleep. Betty will wonder where all the blond hair came from. I'll have some splainin to do. I'll just tell her that she doesn't have to worry. "She was a real dog".

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and the weekend is a fun one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Central Texas where it is hot, hot, hot.

Not much going on this morning. The kids are still asleep, and the dogs are outside, which it is under 100 degrees. Later on we will all be in the house, like a tomb, to keep the hot out.

Jim is coming home on Thursday, and I am not telling the kids. I am going to tell them I am spending the night with a friend, and pack a bag, go and meet his plane, and then we are getting a room. I thought he would hate the idea, but he is intrigued, so it should be fun.

I still have things to get caught up on around here. For one thing, I have three weeks worth of mail to go through. Where do all of these catalogues come from?

Mike, Have a great trip. To my other Cruisemates family, have a good Saturday.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............not much happening here.....just the same ol same ol.........

Y'all have a good Saturday.........

Sharon
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Luanne..why are you packing a bag and staying in a hotel room when you have a perfectly good bed to sleep in at home I thought that was the whole purpose of being married
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Good morning . . . I Finally Found My Computer

Good morning from Southern California where's blessedly overcast. That's temporary, however. We're headed for triple digits today.

I made reservations for the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular in December. Their first time in SoCal. Can't wait.

My SIL intereviewed to be a film editor on Dr. Phil. We might have a celebrity in our midst!

Not much happenin' here. Have a nice trip, Mike, have a good time, Luanne. Everybody have a good Saturday.

Judy
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Our bed has teen sons outside the room, who no longer believe us when we say," Mommy and Daddy are going to take a nap now, so don't disturb us."

True story..... One time when Jim came home from one of his long deployments, we told the boys what I said above. Several minutes later we heard the most horrible banging on the front door. when we got there, the police said that they had received a 911 call from here.

It seemed Joe was listening this time to what we said, and called them on the guy who lived two doors down, who was mowing his grass, and of course disturbing his mommy and daddy.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
Luanne..why are you packing a bag and staying in a hotel room when you have a perfectly good bed to sleep in at home I thought that was the whole purpose of being married
Venice:
Maybe the hotel room has a balcony!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Admiral

I will never live that one down.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
First Mate

Gatormama That is one heck of a switch from Fl to Mass! Glad you finally found all of your computor parts you needed to get hooked back up.

Good Saturday morning to all Cruisemates. Hot and humid here in Western Kentucky. Like Luanne, staying in the house like a tomb today. Heat index around 107 today. Glad I don't have to work at the factory today. It isn't air conditioned and all of my clothes are wet by the end of the day. Very uncomfortable. Now I know why my grandaughter gets grumpy when she has a wet diaper!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Woke up this morning to find that my wife and son have left me. Sadly it's not permanent

So, for the next two weeks it's me and Sammy the frisbee crazed collie in this household.

Drove them to the airport yesterday, and they called last night, saying they are settled in nicely at my sister's house in Phoenix. And a niece and nephew came over to join them for dinner.

Today they start their big quest getting him everything he needs to get settled for college and his residence room before classes begin. Alot to do as it's cheaper to buy most of the stuff there new, rather than ship it from here. Did ship the computer.

She must have anticipated LOTS of shopping because she rented a Chev Suburban

Kuki Jr is adjusting to the reality of us not allowing him to take his car with him, and buying a bicycle. He's the lazy sort, and would rather go back even farther in time and get a horse to ride to classes

Today I'm passing on golf, and going for brunch with my father.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Captain

hi cruisemates its still hot and sunny here in central IL not doing much
today hope you all have a good day