Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Default Different Cruise Experience Based Upon

an observation about this board..the cruise experience is different based upon posters who are in long term marriages or relationship (go cruising with the same person ) and those of us who are single and perhaps have the opportunity to cruise with different travel companions, of which for our travel companions this may very well be their first cruise experience ( or as I like to fondly call it. .cruising vs cruzin

For those of us that are not married or in long term committed relationships..how do you shape your cabin companion's first time cruise experience ? How do you set the expectations during the pre cruise countdown...once you are onboard....post cruise de-briefing...how do you handle it when you don't get along or expectations/relationships change in the middle of your cruise..or heaven forbid,,you find out you are not getting along and you meet someone else that you would like to get to know better what determines if you invite this person on another cruise ?
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Admiral

okay, a tip here for traveling couples: it is a vacation for 'both' and even if you are traveling as a couple, does not mean that alone time is not necessary and it doesn't mean that you no longer care for that person, as with any vacation, and cruising especially because it is tighter quarters, it is important to give your partner the opportunity to do what they want, which does not mean "tag" along and be miserable......

venice: that's a tricky tricky question -- seems to me, if you have a "cabin mate" and you find someone else more interesting and you are not getting along with your cabinmate - first, awesome premise for a reality show, can I be the cruise director, please!). - in all fairness, you should be respectful of your cabinemate.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Admiral

the logical extension..what happens if YOU sense that your cabin mate is interested in someone else
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I of course have a traveling mate, so I don't qualify, but I was helping a lady on the Carnival board, about a year ago.

She wanted to cruise so bad, but was newly divorced, and was going to be traveling alone.

I directed her to the singles section of cruisemates, and she found a, , man, who also was traveling alone.

They agreed to go together. She and I exchanged e-mails, and then phone numbers. She was so worried about being in a cabin with a stranger.

One minute she was ready to cancel, and the next ready to go.

Well, she went with all these rules, for him to abide by. 1. (No one had to feel like they had to spend time with the other.) 2. They split the expenses down the middle. 3. ( She had complete privacy, including time alone in the room, to get dressed.) They even came up with a plan to string a blanket across the room for more privacy.

She called me a couple of weeks ago. They married over the 4 of July holiday, on a cruise ship. Now she has what I hope will be a long term traveling companion.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Admiral

So Luanne, have you found another new talent Perhaps if you were the coordinator for that reality tv show about setting people up on a blind date on a cruise ship, it would still be on tv