CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Extra, Exta Read All About It, Trip is Packing Light! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/338777-extra-exta-read-all-about-trip-packing-light.html)

Trip August 27th, 2007 02:55 PM

Extra, Exta Read All About It, Trip is Packing Light!

Well, my suitcases came down, and today I started pulling things from the closet. EVERY cruise, Bruce says," DON"T OVERPACK," and I never listen, I think this cruise will be the 1st time I do listen.

So, I need to wash some clothes, iron others, sew a few, and then get them into the cases..The shoe condo, may have a few spaces for rent, too...

I used to love this process, now I don't, and not sure of why that is, because at the end of the road, there is a ship waiting for me!

Maybe just the process of packing, the airport, the security lines, the tight spaces on the plane. OY! I don't know..I wish I could just be like Samantha, wrinkle my nose, and be at the pier, walking onboard, or better yet, in the buffet line, making my selection!!

LS80 August 27th, 2007 03:23 PM

Trip...............should we have a dr standing by??? Space for rent in your shoe condo?!?!?!?! Say it ain't so.........

Just keep thinking of that buffet line & being able to sit back & take it all in........the thrill will be back......promise!!!!

Ya know....that nose wiggle thing would be good tho........ ;)

Sharon

katlady August 27th, 2007 03:43 PM

Trip I made a mistake of telling my hubby, my mom is only planning on bringing two pair of shoes for the entire 3CCCs 14 day cruise. His eyes lit up and now I think he is expecting the same of me. :shock: :x :-? I normally don't have to worry because we drive to the California ports but this time is international air flights I won't be able to have my suitcase. :cry: But it will be worth it to be in Italy. :D only 7 months left :roll: Man it takes forever.

Cruznut2 August 27th, 2007 04:01 PM

Trip, that news made me lightheaded! Even I who could live in "flipflops" has to have more than a few pairs of shoes on a cruise. Even if I dont wear them all I have to bring them "just in case"

Laura

Trip August 27th, 2007 04:15 PM

Since we usually precruise, and we indulge in restaurants we like in Florida, a few days into the cruise, my feet have swelled to the size of Rhode Island.

This time, flying in the day of....it might not happen till towards the end, if I am lucky. And since I cruised last time, the diagnosis of Plantar Faciitis has added another wrinkle:( I was in Chinese slippers most of last cruise, and that could be repeated, although, that's not good for the Plantar, but if my feet do swell, that might be all I can wear! My own personal catch 22:(

ready2gonow August 27th, 2007 04:44 PM

Trip, put your shoes in a mini-condo and ship them to me! I'll ship them back to you when we get home! I understand, I've already started thinking about the fact that I will be faced with the same problem in December, when we cruise out of Florida. :-?

arkiegal August 27th, 2007 08:39 PM

Trip, I know how you feel with the swelling of the feet and never knowing which shoes are going to fit. Also, the whole airline thing has gotten to be such a hassle that it is affecting which cruises DH and I book. It all depends on whether we can get direct or one-stop flights.