Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Extra, Exta Read All About It, Trip is Packing Light!

Well, my suitcases came down, and today I started pulling things from the closet. EVERY cruise, Bruce says," DON"T OVERPACK," and I never listen, I think this cruise will be the 1st time I do listen.

So, I need to wash some clothes, iron others, sew a few, and then get them into the cases..The shoe condo, may have a few spaces for rent, too...

I used to love this process, now I don't, and not sure of why that is, because at the end of the road, there is a ship waiting for me!

Maybe just the process of packing, the airport, the security lines, the tight spaces on the plane. OY! I don't know..I wish I could just be like Samantha, wrinkle my nose, and be at the pier, walking onboard, or better yet, in the buffet line, making my selection!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Trip...............should we have a dr standing by??? Space for rent in your shoe condo?!?!?!?! Say it ain't so.........

Just keep thinking of that buffet line & being able to sit back & take it all in........the thrill will be back......promise!!!!

Ya know....that nose wiggle thing would be good tho........

Sharon
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Trip I made a mistake of telling my hubby, my mom is only planning on bringing two pair of shoes for the entire 3CCCs 14 day cruise. His eyes lit up and now I think he is expecting the same of me. I normally don't have to worry because we drive to the California ports but this time is international air flights I won't be able to have my suitcase. But it will be worth it to be in Italy. only 7 months left Man it takes forever.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Trip, that news made me lightheaded! Even I who could live in "flipflops" has to have more than a few pairs of shoes on a cruise. Even if I dont wear them all I have to bring them "just in case"

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Since we usually precruise, and we indulge in restaurants we like in Florida, a few days into the cruise, my feet have swelled to the size of Rhode Island.

This time, flying in the day of....it might not happen till towards the end, if I am lucky. And since I cruised last time, the diagnosis of Plantar Faciitis has added another wrinkle:( I was in Chinese slippers most of last cruise, and that could be repeated, although, that's not good for the Plantar, but if my feet do swell, that might be all I can wear! My own personal catch 22:(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Trip, put your shoes in a mini-condo and ship them to me! I'll ship them back to you when we get home! I understand, I've already started thinking about the fact that I will be faced with the same problem in December, when we cruise out of Florida.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:39 PM
First Mate

Trip, I know how you feel with the swelling of the feet and never knowing which shoes are going to fit. Also, the whole airline thing has gotten to be such a hassle that it is affecting which cruises DH and I book. It all depends on whether we can get direct or one-stop flights.