Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Default Your too old for amusement parks, SAY WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!

My hubby and I will be in Hershey PA for a RV show in a few weeks, and to add a little more adventure to our weekend, I suggested to him that we visit Hershey Park. Neither of us have been in years, and of course he was all for it, and he wants to see chocolate world. A friend of mine asked me why are we going to Hersey Park, and I know she meant well, but it got me to thinking, does she think its odd since both our kids are adults, or was she just surprised that even in our late 40's we would want to visit an amusement park??? I don't know, but who cares how old we are, we still got plenty of fire burning, and we certainly like to have fun. My hubby loves amusement parks. I don't like the rollercoasters, but I do love the atmosphere, food and the games. We spent our Christmas vacation at Universal Orlando 3 years ago and had a blast!!! I don't always like adventurous vacations, give me a nice beach resort anyday, but, we consider ourselves kids-free now and.....

Just a like an old used car, if its still ticking..... you know the rest

I would love to know how you guys spend your kid-free days, whether its, bungee jumping, or relaxing by the pool.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Great question Louise! Our nest has only been empty for 2 weeks now so I'm interested to see others replies to this. I could see doing an amusement park without kids....after all.....we did it 22 years ago before they came along!
Angela Z.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Haven't gone by ourselves but since becoming empty nesters we've been to Disney World once, Sea World twice, Busch Gardens once and Cyprus Gardens once. Always with daughter and her family.

We may not ride all the rides but still have a gret time.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Admiral

I love amusement parks. I love roller coaster and thrill rides. I'm in my early 50's. If I lived close to one I would have a season pass and be there all the time. I spent several days at WDW in February with a friend. Our sole purpose was to ride all the thrill rides we could ride in a 2 and a half day period and we did, and even rode some twice. We had a blast. I just wish I could go more often

Need some cruise help?
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
First Mate

why would you think late 40's is old. I just did all the coaters and stuff at Disney.

I not even close to being old.

Brian

Sensation
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Admiral

My nest has been empty for 13 years and it has been AWESOME! It is fantastic to be able to plan something for myself and not have to be concerned about a child. Hee Hee. It makes me feel like a child again with no cares in the world.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.