Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Default coki beach st. thomas

we are going to st. thomas on the carnival triumph, and we would like to do some snorkeling on coki beach..
has anyone been snorkeling there?
we are the type of people who like to do things on our own.
how far away from the port is it?
how did you get there?
how much for taxi... ect.
how many ports are there in st. thomas?
and which one would the carnival triumph use?
is it a nicer place then megans bay?
... WHAT DID YOU DO IN ST. THOMAS THAT YOU RECOMMEND??
any new information would be great.

thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Admiral

It has been a while since we were in St Thomas but we very much enjoyed our snorkling at Coki Beach.

We were docked at Havensight and right off the ship found a taxi that would take us. And when we were ready to return to the ship there were taxis at the beach so no problem getting back.

Coki Beach is right next to Coral World, which was nice. They have food, drinks and lockers available there. Whihc is nice to be able to lock up your items.

On the beach you can get food to feed the fish. We didn't do that but many did and we watched.

Here is a very good stie to find out more about St Thomas:
http://www.usvitourism.vi/en/stthomas/st_Home.html

and another: http://www.usvi.net/usvi/beach.php

We have never been to Megans Bay so can't help you there.

Have a great time.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Admiral

I love Coki Beach. We'll be back in St. Thomas in about a month. I am so torn I want to go to Coki again but also go to St. John on the ferry. We'll probably end up doing both. Peter who owns Coki Beach Divers will be more than glad to rent snorkel equipment to you for a nominal fee. He also offers a scuba experience that is an opportunity to try out scuba diving and I can tell you he has about the best prices anywhere that I have seen. Also right next door is Coral World if you want to check it out. Coki Beach is great in my opinion. There is food and cheap beer on site. Go for it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

My Wife snorkeled there once, She said it was great! I'm in St. Thomas right now for another 4 Weeks, 3 Days. I'd suggest taking a sightseeing tour in St. Thomas, I took my First one in 1970, and I've taken a Sightseeing tour every time in St. Thomas after that!
R.I.P.
Old September 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Captain

We went there in January. We had to ask about 7 taxi drivers and finally went to a central location in town and found one who would take us for $11 each person.

We had so much fun. They didnt charge me for a chair or anything like on the tourist beaches. My cruise roomie snorkeled and it was $10 for all the equipment and huge dog bisquits to feed to the fish. They said if she wanted more to just ask.

funny story, she wanted to make the dog bisquits last and put all but one down in the top part of her one piece bathing suit. The fish attached..BIG fish, dozens of them swarmed her trying to eat the dog bisquits in her swim suit. She was screaming she said and I didnt hear her or swim to her rescue. Moral of the story.....dont put the fish food down inside your bathing suit...the fish are not polite enough to only eat the fish food you are breaking off trying to hold out for them.
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Captain

Default Re: coki beach st. thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisebum
we are going to st. thomas on the carnival triumph, and we would like to do some snorkeling on coki beach..
has anyone been snorkeling there?
we are the type of people who like to do things on our own.
how far away from the port is it?
how did you get there?
how much for taxi... ect.
how many ports are there in st. thomas?
and which one would the carnival triumph use?
is it a nicer place then megans bay?
... WHAT DID YOU DO IN ST. THOMAS THAT YOU RECOMMEND??
any new information would be great.

thank you.
btw there are two main ports in St. Thomas, I was on Princess which is at the further port, so it may be $1 or $2 less, but not much. You will be within walking distance of the tram which we did in the morning with our excursion. You are close enough to town to walk...Princess where they come in is about 3 miles from town.....too far for most people to walk in the heat. I definetely saw Carnival ships in the closer pier though...I bet I have some pics from the tram of the Carnival ship in port.

I went and looked and I have 5 or 6 pictures at Coki Beach and some of the Carnival ship in the port I took going up on the tram from a nice height, cant tell which Carnival ship it is though. If you want some of these just email me or PM. Several of the cruise pics though have my cruise roomie on them so I dont want to post them, but I have 2 maybe that just have the beach and local kids sitting there playing.
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Captain

Here are a couple I have of Carnival ship from the tram in St. Thomas and Coki Beach. We were just there in January of this year so my prices should be pretty current. Generic pic of Coki Beach, the snorkeling pics are not of me so cant post them. But the water was perfect and much clearer for snorkeling than Megan's which costs $10 pp just to get in.

Old September 4th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Captain

i have been to st thomas twice once on the triumph and glory both times
we dock at the havensight mall there are alot of shop and restaurants right in that mall tours we taken in st thomas are atlantis submarine
expedition and the tramway paradise point we always enjoy this port