Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Default Mean Dean the Ducks Kicked Much ...

Wolverine butt...you should be proud
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Admiral

:o

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Venice,

I was surprised by 2 things:

How good the Ducks looked -- and how bad the Wolverines looked.

I think now that Michigan has 2 losses by giving up almost 40 points per game, that they just are not a good team this year. If they finish at .500 in the Big Ten, they'll be fortunate!

Ducks should finish around 4th in the Pac-10 -- you heard it here first!

It was great to have a day off finally, and to see a couple of good games.

Dean
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Admiral

just be thankful your Ducks don't have to play the LSU Tigers (Melody told me to say that)
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Admiral

Venice,

And while I'm sure Melody asked you to relay that to me, I'm also sure of a couple of other things.

First, the Tigers looked awfully good against Va Tech. I mean, how often does the #9 team in the nation get blown out?

Second, the Ducks looked awfully good against the preseason #5 team in the nation. And yet, after losing to App. State, and giving up 34 points in their own stadium, how good of an opponent is Michigan? The Ducks looked pretty good against a suspect opponent.

And so, after you add all of this up, this is where I'm at. Michigan is a bottom-tier Big-10 team. I don't know what's gone wrong. I mean, they return so many starters on offense. But for 2 weeks in a row, they haven't shown the world anything.

On the Duck's side, I see them as an upper-tier Pac-10 team. I don't see them beating USC or Cal -- but on the other hand, I think they can give UCLA a run for their money.

So, upper-tier Pac-10 versus bottom-tier Big-10. Not really an upset, if you ask me.

Look for Lloyd Carr to be under extreme pressure this season. He'll keep his job if he can finish in the top 3 of the Big-10. The Ducks will finish 4th in the Pac-10, and go to a bowl game. The Pac-10 will finish as follows:

USC, UCLA, Cal, UO.........

You gotta love college football. So much more exciting than the No Fun League..............!

Dean
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Mean Dean..as usual, our great minds think alike ..college football is so much more exciting..too wit

IMHO, Oklahoma vs Nebraska at Nebraska on a saturday afternoon in a sea of red is the greatest college football rivalry ever of course my down the I-10 friend Melody will try to tell you that a LSU home game is great (and I would never disagree with a classic Southern beauty)
&

if you ever have the opportunity to attend the Bayou Classic in New Orleans on Thanksgiving weekend when Grambling plays Southern in the HBCU classic battle of the bands, it's the only place in college football when the crowds actually stay for the halftime entertaiment..it's usually on NBC but tv does not do justice to the excitement

nothing rivals the college tradition in the NFL..I went to one Super Bowl in New Orleans and the game was actually boring and the half time was a sleeper

Of course the best location to watch a college game is on a cruise ship on the big screen on the pool deck with the drink of the day, surrounded by young ladies in bikinis in their school colors 8)
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Captain

Default Re: Mean Dean the Ducks Kicked Much ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
Wolverine butt...you should be proud
Yes, and the folks in Ohio are loving it.......You should have seen the T-shirts at yesterday's Ohio State game.
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

I know..my little brother lives in Columbus and his son (my nephew) is being recruited by Ohio State (he's a junior in high school), so I have to hear about it..of course all Ohio state football and basketball fans get quiet when you mention one word "Florida"
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Admiral

there is one big danger. ...since Michigan's season is lost, the only way to salvage some pride is to point towards the Ohio State game as it's "bowl game" and I bet if Ohio State goes unbeaten up to the big game..Michigan is going to clobber Ohio State :o
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Captain

Default OSU vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
there is one big danger. ...since Michigan's season is lost, the only way to salvage some pride is to point towards the Ohio State game as it's "bowl game" and I bet if Ohio State goes unbeaten up to the big game..Michigan is going to clobber Ohio State :o
There were actually three teams on the field yesterday. Akron, which played the same during the entire game, and two teams from Ohio State. One played the first half, the other team played the second half.

If they're going to do well this season, Ohio Sate had better play better than they did yesterday, even though they won 20-2. You can't have 5 turnovers during a game and beat a quality team.

Next week will be more of a test when OSU plays Washington.

Norm
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Admiral

I must admit my heart is broken,,, Does not look good for my boys in maze & blue.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Hey Dean what is going on with your team mascot??? Saw him beating up another team mascot on the news last night??? Very funny !!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old September 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Joanne,

I don't know who was in the costume, but the guy's an idiot. You don't go out and embarrass your school on national TV.

And yes, there are some humorous aspects to it, but the guy should get fired.

A few years back, the mascot for the Oregon State Beavers was punched by an opposing player so hard as to be knocked down. Turns out the person in the costume was a woman......

If you act in that manner, you invite that kind of behavior in return, and that's why I think the guy should be fired.

Dean
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Mean Dean ...are you volunteering to be the Beaver mascot