Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Retarded Does Not Mean Stupid

Here is a work story that made me so proud of one of my clients. I took him in a store because he wanted chips to have with his sandwich. He got the chips and went to pay for them. He offered the clerk a dollar for his purchase. She gave him back change for $5.00. He caught the error and gave her back the extra money. I was amazed not only that he noticed the difference but his honesty too. Some days are diamonds, that one was!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Great story!
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Admiral

I know what you mean Laura. While visiting Nova Scotia, I've become acquainted with the residents of an adult facility for mentally handicapped citizens. (my friend is an advocate and visits often, so I've come along too).
Last weekend, I was complimented on my outfit 3 times, had a long conversation about TV shows, the missing girl (Madeleine) in Britain, and travelling across the ocean on the Queen Mary! These residents are warm, welcoming, friendly, and certainly up on current events! If and when I ever move down there, they will be on my regular visting list!

donna
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Admiral

My sister is honestly one of the most honest people I know........although she lies like a rug when it comes to her animals.........like when a large golden has an accident, and we saw that was Tara, and she says no..........excuse me, lake louise was deposited on e floor, do you think it was five pound Annie?? Then she says "prove it"
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Admiral

I applaude!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 14th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfthuis
My sister is honestly one of the most honest people I know........although she lies like a rug when it comes to her animals.........like when a large golden has an accident, and we saw that was Tara, and she says no..........excuse me, lake louise was deposited on e floor, do you think it was five pound Annie?? Then she says "prove it"
..., love it.....
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Del, give your sister a big hug for me!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 15th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Laura, it's been done.............Today we are holding a large garage sale to benifit rescue, been my project this year............who was my biggest donater and contributer?? My sister of course..................she has the largest of hearts! She went calling all her friends and politely asked for donations to sell at the sale, and went with my Mum to get it all.......she did great!
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Bless her sweet loving heart.

Laura
---Mark Twain