Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Admiral

Default Its Saturday

Good saturday morning!!! Finally the weekend here. I hope you
all have a great saturday.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from still dark swfl! We had planned to go to Blizzard beach but we are not going after all. Middle daughter wants to go do something with bf and youngest daughter gf can't go because of money. So we might go next week

So today instead of a fun day my dh will have to do rug cleaning and power wash our pool deck He told me already how excited he was He is still sleeping and I am on my first cup of coffee.

Have a good weekend mates and get some rest and fun in it!
Old September 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning Earl and Sue and all of our other friends coming up. Houston is cool and it is still dark right now. No rain in sight, been dry for awhile now.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Checking in after two days away. Thursday was the long drive to the oral surgeon's. He is still thinking another surgery, but wants to wait until I have had the colon surgery. He has prescribed me two different steroids for now to see if we can get me to a liveable level of movement/painlessnes. Of course I need to take a bunch of other stuff to counter act the sideeffects - so it seems all I do all day is tend to dental stuff and take pills. It could be much worse, so I don't mind too much.

DH came with me and I did a little shopping - again. There is enough nip in the air that it made me finally purchase some fall clothes that will take me thru the season as my regular fall clothes are still too big - I only got a few as they won't fit too long, if I gain the weight they want me to.

We came home via Waterbury and Stowe and visited the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory - dh had never visted. Sample flavor of the day was Strawberry Cheesecake.

We stocked up on local wines, local chocolate and local coffee, cider and some pumpkin butter too - which I will slather on my toast this moring.
Also bought some hot pepper jelly, which is lovely over cream cheese then served with crackers or tortilla chips.

Yesterday was busy filling prescriptions and catching up. More of the same today. Hoping I can get my fall decorations out and up.

Well the coffee is ready...

Sue - great news about your middle daughter - prayers have been answered.
RD - I hope you get to fly out - happy house hunting!
Phyll - praying all goes well this weekend - I know it is difficult
Have loved the recent moose pictures!

Hoping you all have a meaningful day,
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it has cooled off considerably, down to 11C this morning. High of only 17C (62F) but at least it's sunny.
We are up earlier than usual, and hoping to get on a noon flight to New Brunswick, and spend the weekend looking at property in Nova Scotia, and celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary as well as James' birthdaywith friends there. I hope this time, we actually get on the flight!

Have a great weekend, seeya Monday!

donna
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Top 'o the mornin' from beautiful Lakeland, Florida. Nothing new here. On my way out the door to wash the truck. (you know, all us rednecks have at least one truck!) Got to work starting at 5 this afternoon, but shouldn't be too bad. Maybe I can actually pay for the next cruise.
Hope y'all have a great week end.

Ken
Old September 29th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

The sun is finally shining after a couple of rainy days. I'm going to do some more painting today, right after we take DW's car in for an oil change.

The temps. are going opt be a little cooler, but it looks like there is no rain forecast for the Bills' game tomorrow. Maybe they can pull out a win, but I'm not expecting it. Too many injuries! Oh well.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from sunny Central Texas, where it will be once again warm. People get kind of edgy this time of year because of the heat. It sure makes for a long summer.

I have been away for awhile, because of Internet problems, and work. For someone who wanted to cut back, and even retire, I sure am staying busy. I have had three different e-mail addresses in two weeks.

Jim is in Germany for a couple of weeks, and that adds to my stress. He says that things are going pretty good.

The kids are great. They are finally sounding, and acting like young men. Both have found jobs, and Josh will finish college this year, so all is good.

I am trying to find a weekend get away for next weekend, when Jim comes home. I am looking at the Vanishing River Cruise on Lake Buchanan. Has any of my Cruisemate friends done this? What did you think?

Today will be cleaning, so I better get to it.

Wishing all of you a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining but temps are cool, making for a typical fall day in Calgary... temps in the low 60s F.

Getting back to my fall/winter Saturday routine... and go out for brunch with my father. Plus he wants to visit the local farmer's market, so we'll head over there afterwards and wander around some.

Beginning to get excited... it's only 10 days until my land cruise to Phoenix and LasVegas. It's a triangle trip. Phoenix to see my son, newest great nephew and niece and families for a week, and then 4 day in Vegas. Visiting, golf, gambling, golf - sounds good to me.

Mrs Kuki isn't coming so this could get tricky having to be responsible for myself and my things for an entire 10 days
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday

A late good morning from sunny Southern California. The dense marine layer is gone and Saturday promises to be a really nice day.

Keith is experiencing a strong urge to go to Fry's Electronics in O.C. today, so after that, we'll look for a nice place to lunch.

Have a good day, all.

Judy