Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning! -

Good Morning All,

I'm up, had my two cups of coffee, first round of meds, and about out of excuses not to start my paperwork marathon - and laundry scramble.

October is off to a warm start - it is already in the 50's! I'll enjoy these temps as long as I can get them.

Hope you all have a great start to this new month!
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Hello Monday morning and you too, VTGen.

It is kinda cool but still muggy here. Rain in the Galveston area but not Houston.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the weather is much like VTJen's, mid 50's going up to low 70's. Nice for October!
We're back from a successful weekend. Saw the property again and made an offer, now we wait.....
Meanwhile, it's back to cleaning and de-cluttering in preparation for a big move.
Wishing everyone a good week!

donna
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Dragging this morning:( I was awoken form a sound sleep, to hear what I thought might have been someone screaming, or howling. Happened on or off for about an hour. Finally we decided it was an animal howling. Very eerie though.

We have a fashion show from work, so today, I will be doing the write ups, and that's my day!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 1st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Central Texas where it is cooler, but will still be hot today. I am still waiting to finally be able to open up the windows.

I have a much needed day off today. I have so many little things to take care of.

Jim will be home Friday night, and wants me to plan a weekend get away, so I have to finish up on that.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all!

Had a strange dream last night. Dreamed we (all the family, including 101 year old MIL) were taking a cruise on a ship. Somehow or other the ship sailed earlier than scheduled and my MIL was not on the ship and we were! Scary!

Not much on my agenda today, hopefully I will be getting my truck back from the repair shop. They have had it nearly 4 weeks.

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning:

Awoke early today. I'll be heading out, a week from today for a angiogram and a probable angioplasty. It seems that in my vast array of medications, one of them didn't help plaque buildup in my arteries. Even with a 138 cholesterol level and an HDL of 94.

I am also going to get a pacemaker for arrhythmia. This is caused by another problem that will need to be taken care of by surgery. I am going for a second opinion on this, even though I know it has to be done, but I want to make sure I can put it off until after we get back from Brasil. I'm going even if it kills me.

Otherwise it was a fun weekend with the kids. It's fun being awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a two year old forcing your eye open. I also love it when my grandson looks at grandma and says: "Grandma growls", referring to her snoring.

Today will be nothing more than kicking back and taking it easy. Betty will be off to the kids place for some onsite sitting and Kramer and I will hold down the fort.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and remember to hold down the fort.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates Not too busy this weekend but my dh did get the pool deck and cage cleaned. After that he realized how out of shape he is and started his Atkins diet again. Yesterday we took a drive to the beach and looked at the waves, it was very pretty.

Today my MD and I are heading to the local college to see if she can take a class there and maybe we try to find a part time job for her too.By the end of this month she will get he rpermit back and soon she will be driving again

Mike that sounds like a lot of medical work to be done. I am glad you are getting a second opinion!

Have a goodday mates!
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Mike,
Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you, and you have a speedy recovery. You are the best, and we need you healthy, wealthy and wise! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox!!!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 1st, 2007, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacifc Northwest.........only 50's for the highs today......

Mike.........take care...like Trip said.....we need ya healthy........etc......

It's Monday......soooooo...........laundry time.......

Y'all have a good Monday............

Sharon
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning!

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

Oh my, Mike, as everybody else says, take reall good care. We want you to be healthy.
Donna, good luck with the house.

No gym this morning. Keith and I have an appt. to take care of.

I hope to see everyone on Chat tonight.

Judy
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Fall is in the air in Calgary (and leaves are on the ground). Temps in the 50s F. seem to be the norm now

I'm housebound for a couple of days. Seems I have a pinched nerve in my back, so antiinflammatories and ice are my fun until the problem dies down.

After reading about what Mike has coming up my back feels better, but unlike Mike I'm a baby and whiner when it comes to pain.

Mike... get it all done right!!! You're our "ask jeeves", and we need you.... besides which we like having you here
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Good Morning! My phone now actually pulls up the web.....so I thought I would tell everyone Hi from this teeny tiny screen and itsy bitsy keyboard.
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Okay, Miss Smarty-Pants from Baton Rouge, I am officially impressed! I'm such a technophobe the very idea gives me the willies. Sorry those to the south of AR haven't been able to open their windows yet. We've had ours open virtually every morning for the last 3 weeks. Of course we have to close them before noon, but we do get to cool the house down.