Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Default It's FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY

Wake up y'all. It's Friday, and we're going into an important week-end. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I sail "Miracle" on Monday, so we're just about there. I'll drag out the luggage and start packing late Sunday afternoon, and I've already signed the Docs, so I'm ready!
What's on the docket for y'all this weekend?

Ken
"Sky"
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Captain

Good Morning "Sky" and all

It is really wet here in SE Alabama with 3" of rain.
This week-end I will be helping our annual Tootise-Roll Drive and Sunday is Church.

149 days and counting

Have a great day.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It looks like it will be a fairly nice day in the TN/GA area. We are in Cleveland right now, but will cross statelines and drive down to Adairsville, GA in a couple hours. DD wants us to visit one of her friends who now has a husband and baby since we have last seen her, then we will do a little outlet shopping, have tea in a tea room, if I can get my dh to agree, and then later the dinner theater show in the historical 1902 Stock Exchange building - it will be a long day.
Tomorrow we have a 3 hour drive to get to the cross country race, then have to locate the exact location - so we need to leave 4 hours - I need a vacation from this vacation- no rest when you are trying to accomadate others - but it is good to see the kids.
We all enjoyed some nice Japanese food last night, and I had a love glass of plum wine. Then we trapsied back to the hotel to watch the RED SOX - it was such fun to watch the game together - the highlight of the trip this far!

Michael - enjoy your retirement -doesn't sound like it came about in the most pleasant way - I hope you find plenty to keep you busy

Donna- feel better

Ken and Vita - happy packing!

Enjoy your day everyone
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Crazy weather here in Massachusetts. One day cold, one day mild. It's really playing havoc with my sinuses.

My son finally passed the stone that as been bugging him for the past month. He's now, knock on wood, down to TWO left. There's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. He has been suffering with these darn things since he was 17, he'll be 23 next month.

My beloved Red Sox won last night, thanks to the amazing pitching of Josh Beckett. See what happens Saturday night with Curt Schilling on the mound.

Work, Red Sox and my nephew's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese are the only things on tap for me this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day and weekend.
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

"It's Friday, Friday Friday!" is about how I feel too Ken! But I wish I had a cruise to look forward to next week, like you! I'm just glad this week is almost over. This darn cold comes and goes, yesterday I felt better, last night I barked all night long and didn't sleep.
Plans for the weekend are to finish the doors in the basement, and then REST!

Irish, a Tootsie Roll Drive? Sounds interesting!

donna
Old October 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning my cruisemates FAMILY!! The day is here and it is a great one for me. Happiness in all sectors but some melochony as well. I'll continue here though so it's not as if I am leaving the world! Have a wonderful day!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Central Texas where it is a nice sunny morning.

Not a lot for me to do today, except the house, and some yard work.

I also wish I had a cruise coming up.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............we survied the winds!!! Not too much damage from the falling trees & other falling things......not too many without power so all is good.......we only had flickers of lights......is good living close to the utilities building....

Only 1 more week........can't wait.....must think about getting things together for packing.......

Y'all have a good Friday.............

Sharon
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Day off for me today one of 3 in a row. Lovely here on Lakeland at 77 and sunny. Only back from the Liberty for less than 2 weeks and I want to be gone again. Looking to book a short one in March or April. I was looking at my cruise pics this morning and RDonna you came to mind. I had taken pictures of the Bee Gees concert they showed on the big Lido screen. I want to be back there!! Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

It's a lovely day in the neighborhood! One of our TVs went out so we get to go TV shopping today! Oh well, gives we an excuse to prowl the stores.

Tomorrow we're going to a wedding. Should be a good weekend!

Ken and Sharon, get busy! You have a cruise to pack for!

Hope everyone else has a great day and a fun weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM
First Mate

I know I'm late but this is the 1st day this week that I've been able to get to my computer before noon! I've already been out to take the baby cat to the vet for them to catch a urine sample - NOT an easy job with a cat. I say baby cat because she is the youngest....... according to the scales at the vet's she now weighs 9.3 lbs....... half again bigger than the dog!

After dropping off the cat I stopped at a local coffee joint for breakfast and people-watching. Since I spend most of my time at home or dealing with my mom, the people-watching was the best part....... also one of the best parts of cruising.

Cheryl, I second your notion about the weather..... 75F here today, 85F tomorrow, and down in the 60s next week.... THEY SAY! Ya'll have a great weekend!
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Looks like another beautiful day ahead in the desert in Vegas. No golf game scheduled today. Since it's our last day here think some relaxing by the pool, an afternoon nap, a nice dinner, and some strolling on the strip with friends might be in order.

Get home tomorrow, and then less than a month to prepare for our back to back cruises.... the CM Turkey group cruise, then of on Constellation. I'll be writing Virtual Cruise Reports from both ships, so stay tuned for those next month!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday Friday Friday

It certainly is! Good morning from Southern California where we are enjoying balmier and balmier temps. Off the deep end on Tuesday at 102!

Ken and Sharon, I surely do wish I had a cruise booked in the near future. I enjoyed talking with you on Chat last night, Sharon.

Not much planned for today. Tomorow, I think I'll go to Pasadena while Keith visits some airplanes at Flabob.

Have a good one, people.

Judy