Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Monday~ A RED SOX MONDAY!!!!

Hi Kids,
Well, they are dancing in the streets of Boston this morning. My daughter, must be bursting at the seams! Good for them!! Vt. Jen, My Red Sox necklace will be in time for the World Series!

Not too much on the agenda for today, just errands...it will be around 80. can you believe it! I say ..yayayayayay!

Make it a good one, I know Bostonians, and New Englanders will!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Passenger

Better enjoy it while you can because the Rockies haven't lost in 17 years (or something like that.)
-Carnival Legend-October 2010
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Get ready to lose:):):)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Gotta love them Sox!! I might live in the south but I am still a New England gal at heart. Monday morning and back to work my 3 days off are over. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Cruiser
Better enjoy it while you can because the Rockies haven't lost in 17 years (or something like that.)
I am wondering which planet the Rockies you are talking about are from . Actually my Phils were the last team to beat them a few weeks back, however I concede that they are a buzzsaw and will be formidible foes for the Sox.

At the risk of it sounding like sour grapes, I am pulling for the Sox, only because it will be another stab to the heart of Yankee fans everywhere . My baseball motto is and has been: "My favorite team is the Phillies and whoever is playing the Yankees." .

Marj had me fill out an entry blank for a drawing at the Base Exchange at Mc Guire/Ft Dix and I won a Coach handbag. Sure hope it matches my formal night outfit .

Everyone have a great day!!! Here's a beach for the Monday blues:

Magens Bay, St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Glad to hear about the Red Sox! I thought of Trip, VTJen and Cheryl when I heard the news and knew y'all'd be happy!
Sadly, FSU gave away the game to Miami on Saturday but as usual the band sounded great and it was wonderful to spend a little time with Jimmy after the game.
Back to work today.....ugh....
Angela Z.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:12 AM
First Mate

Good morning and congrats to all Sox fans.

I kinda lose interest in baseball once the hockey season starts.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was beautiful here in Toronto, I was out and about yesterday, and was able to wear shorts. The previous weekend, I turned the heat on in the house...go figure.

Have a great day all.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Admiral

What a glorious Red Sox morning. I am working on 2 hours sleep. Looks like I'll be drinking lots and lots of coffee today. Besides my full time job, I have to work at AC Moore tonight. Oh well. No sleep is definitely worth it.

I've already been to Bob's Stores to get my shirts and "unofficial" hats. The official locker room hats come out tomorrow. Guess where I'll be as soon as the store opens. You guessed it, BOB'S.

Time to get some more coffee.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where fall has arrived, at 30 miles an hour. I should know, because it is making the windows rattle. Our high for the day was last night around midnight. We are at 58 and dropping, with rain.

I woke up yesterday with a nasty sinus infection. I sound like a frog when I talk. The good news is I am off today, so I can croak in peace.

Congratulations to the Sox fans, and team. I didn't know about it, until this morning.

Doug, we cheer for anyone who plays the Cowboys.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where summer reigns! I was in shorts and flips flops again yesterday, and today looks to be the same - high of 24C (75F) !!
Unbelievable, and it can stay as long as it wants!

I'm sorry I don't share everyone's passion for baseball, Red Sox or otherwise. It's just not the same since the Montreal Expos went belly up.
Around here, it's Canadiens hockey or nothing!

As usual Doug, thanks for today's "Beach Break". I'm counting down less than 3 weeks now until I see the real thing!

It's Monday, and I'm going back to work for a rest! Another busy weekend spent cleaning, sanding, painting, packing up stuff, along with the regular housecleaning, I'm exhausted!
At least my cold is feeling better. I wish I could say the same about the tailbone pain....

donna
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Cloudy cool fall day here in WI. The packing has begun in ernest for our trip south.

Doug, I bet you'll look just ravishing with your matching Coach bag.

I'm glad to hear about the Sox win. Go RED SOX!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Phyll
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........50's.......rain isn't as bad as it was.......dark out....oh well.....

The who Sox??? Baseball??? whatcha all talking about?????

It's Monday.....soooooo........it's laundry....but that's ok....only 4 more days & we'll be getting on the Mercury....yeah!!!!!

Y'all have a good Monday............

Sharon
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Nothing too exciting in store for me today, but I'm sure it will be a good one. Yesterday afternoon we went to Galveston to bid all those on the Conquest Bon Voyage. I never get tired of looking at her -- she is a very beautiful ship. There was an Art Fest in the Strand District so we wandered through the booths for a while. Saw some very great art and it was such a nice day, perfect for being out and about!

I think Luanne left the gate open and is letting all that cold (cool) air come down my way. That's o.k., I'll welcome the cooler temps. Trip, c'mon down my way if you need a break from the heat.

Doug, you do realize you need to go shopping for that perfect pair of shoes to go with your new purse!

Everyone have a wonderful day! Sox fans, carry on!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Luanne, you and I know the world has turned upside down when it is warmer in Mass. and Montreal than it is in Texas and Arkansas. Just started raining here but we have already had our high for the day -65F- and the temp is dropping - 59F- and supposed to drop to low 40s. I've got the first load of laundry on and I need to go break out our duvet and get the cover on so we don't freeze tonight.

GO SOX! Really glad for all you fans!
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! An unusual stretch of warm day for Calgary. Temps close to 70 F for the first part of the week.

I've got some scurrying around to do to play catch up from my recent trip. I was going to start making door magnets for everyone on our Turkey cruise, but sure enough my printer is on the fritz.

Amazing that Boston was able to come back from down 3-1 yet again, but I've been a national league guy for over a decade, so I'm routing for Colorado.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Monday A Red Sox Monday

Good morning from a fire-ravaged Southern California. We had really fierce winds yesterday, but so far now, nothing's moving. I hope it stays that way.

Like Sharon, I have laundry to do today plus some errands.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Judy,

I was worried about you. Please stay safe, and lots of prayers to those in the California fires.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Yeoman

Way to go Sox. Had the kids trade in their Devil Rays hats and bought them Red Sox gear. They are psyched to be up here. They were lucky enough to see the Sox play every time they came to St Pete. Now we just watch on TV.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Admiral

I hate the Red Sox. Ever since they beat my Cardinals a couple of years ago and broke the loser tradition. It's the loser tradition that I hated to see disappear because there was such nostalgia in the Sox's baseball misfortunes.

Regards,
Thomas