Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise Survey

Hello, I am a student at The Ohio State University. I am doing a project that requires me to do market research on "cruise addicts" and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I've put together a short survey (I'm no survey expert so its not great) that I hope might give me a little insight into the world of the cruise addict. I'd love to hear all the information you all have available on your cruising habits, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

1. Age:

2. Sex: Male/Female

3. Marital Status:

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites?

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize?

6. How would you define Cruise addiction?

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years?

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related?

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction?

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent?

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship?

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment?

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?

I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

1. Age: old enough....I am %)

2. Sex: Male/Female Female

3. Marital Status: separated

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? This site several times daily, others never

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? I am a cruise addict. My affliction began 12 years ago

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Someone who visits this site daily and plans every vacation around a cruise.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 1 cruise in the past year .......2 in the past three years.

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? I check prices on cruises, read about different ships and ports of call, check out the shore trips, people's comments on cruises and such.

Yep!
10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? Travel agent, if something goes wrong I want to know EXACTLY where they are!

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? Never, too much to do onboard!

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? Everyday, for information, entertainment and to chat with my cruise buddies!

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? internet

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? This board keeps me occupied, then I do have a job.....

Hope this helps!
Melody
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Admiral

1. Age: 52

3. Marital Status: Married

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? Several times a day, others, none.

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Yes, after my first cruise 12 years ago

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? only vacation you really look forward to, and must plan another as soon as it's over!

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 1 this year 3 years? 5 or 6

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? read cruise magazines, read and talk to CruiseMates daily, watch cruise videos, make scrapbooks of past cruises, and have designated a "cruise room" in our house.

yes, could probably write one myself!

have used both, prefer researching it on our own (internet)

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? no, I always bring from home, but never find time to read!

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? always read reviews of a planned upcoming cruise, also love the photo gallery.

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? all of the above

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? I visit CruiseMates daily, read, and of course, work full time so I can afford to cruise!

donna[/b]
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Passenger

1. age 54
2. sex female
3. martial status single
4. have visited this site almost every day since i booked my cruise in feb.
5.not a cruise addict, can't afford to be.
6.cruise addiction would be someone who takes a trip at least 1 a month
7.first cruise in 10 years.
8.i read all travel related articles in the papers, and magazines.
9. yes i would on a humor book on cruising.
10. travel agent for this particular cruise i am going on.
11. no, i bring my own reading material when i travel. i read soap opera magazines.
12. i read the blogs almost everyday mon-fri.
13. i do both for info regarding cruising.
14.this is only my second cruise. i have to work 2 jobs to survive. plus i only get 2 weeks vacation a year l
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

1. Age: Old enough to vote but too young for Social Security

2. Sex: No thanx. I am way too old for you

3. Marital Status: Divorced Yippee!!

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites?: every day, this and another site

5. Do You consider yourself a cruise addict? If so when did you realize?: Absolutely. I was hooked when I got the first sight of my first cruise ship.

6. How do you define Cruise addiction?: Same way you define sex addiction, gotta do it!

7. How many cruises have you been on in the last three years?: Three and that ain't nearly enough.

8.How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related?: By coming here and to other sites every day. Researching data for the next cruise.

9. Would you have an interest in a humor book about cruise addiction?: Of course, silly question!

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? Travel agent?: Any way I can as long as I get a good deal.

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchased reading material while on board the ship?: Who has time to read on a cruise?

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? entertainment?: Occasionally for the information and entertainment.

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?: I like both.

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? It ain't easy. Maybe I will consider becoming a sex addict too, that oughta keep me busy.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Admiral

1. Age: 50's

2. Sex: Male/Female: Female

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? Everyday/Everyday others

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Yes, after first cruise in 2005

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Wanting to go on a cruies every chance you get

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? past year 2, past 3 years 5

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Reading as much as I can on the internet

yes
internet
11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? no

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? ffew times a month, for the information from others

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? both

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? coming on Cruisemates and other cruise related sites daily

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old October 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:48 pm Post subject: Cruise Survey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Age: 45

2. Sex: Male/Female female

3. Marital Status: in a relationship

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? daily, and some times not at all

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? no not at all, I enjoy cruising, but this hardly meets the definition of an addict

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? some one who can only talk about cruises and who is only happy with cruises, who has little interest or happiness in other things in life.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? Since March 05 three cruises and three land trips longer than one week, with one cruise booked and two land trips coming in the next 6 months

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? I dont really have a daily thirst,

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? no

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? travel agent , but we found her on line.

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? only a newspaper

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? entertainment, chit chat..............

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? probably internet cruise reviews for info

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? oh my goodness, by living life to its fullest, taking care of and being with family, work, animal rescue, computers,photography, needlepoint, being with friends, ebay, my delft collecting, theres always so many wonderful things to do in life, cruising and land trips are just a nice side thing, but is not truly for me what life means..........
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:24 AM
First Mate

1. Age: 42

2. Sex: female

3. Marital Status: single

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? daily, and some times not at all
This site daily.

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? no not at all, I enjoy cruising, but this hardly meets the definition of an addict
A cruise addict wannabe....working full time with a teenage daughter doesn't leave me enough time to travel

6. How would you define Cruise addiction?
Someone who is on cruises more than they are on land

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year?

I read this board faithfully

no

2 cruises through the internet, 1 through an agent

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship?
nope, always bring my own

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment?
entertainment, chit chat and info

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?
probably internet cruise reviews for info

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?
by living life to its fullest, taking care of and being with family, work, being with friends, reading, there's always so many wonderful things to do in life,
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Captain

Glad to help out another Buckeye. Go Bucks!

1. Age: 57

3. Marital Status: Married 37 years

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? Visit this site daily and also others daily

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Yes I'm an addict. I figured that out after my very first cruise in the 80's

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Someone who can't get enough of cruising, info on cruising, or hearing about someone else's cruise.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? In the past year I have been on only 1, in 3 years 3 cruises.

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Read the various cruise line sites, and anything related to cruising.

I think that would be wonderful.

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? I always use a travel agent. It is the best way to go. (I am a travel agent)

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? No, to many other things to do....I can read when I get home.

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? I do a daily run through several blogs for both the information and the entertainment.

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? I use all three plus the cruise line brochures.

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? Visiting sites like this, looking at pictures of past cruises, and planning my next cruise.

When you are finished with this research I would love to see what you found. I hope it is a great success.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

1. Age: 46

2. Sex: Male/Female Male

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? at least once a day. others = only if i am doing research

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? yes, some time between the pulling up to the navigator of the seas and getting to our room

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? anyone always looking forward to the next cruise.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 2 / 4

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? research on pricing, new ships, cruise lines.

depends on the book.

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? internet

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? no

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? from time to time

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? all

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? as much as i like to cruise, life always seems to get in the way
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise Survey

1. Age: 38
4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? This site everyday other site once a week when a cruise is booked.
5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Yes, After I went on my second cruise to the Mexican Riveria on the Star Princess.
6. How would you define Cruise addiction? The amount of research a cruise addiction does before a cruise is much higher then a regular person. A cruise adiction can tell you the ship name, name the ports, the passager to crew ratio, the weight of the ship, the class of ship (I have cruised a lot of Fantasy class ships).
7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? I take a cruise once a year so I have been on 3 cruises in the past 3 years.
8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Book a cruise far in advance then bug my co-workers with details of my upcoming cruise.
9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction?Yes
10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? I have a credit card with rewards points. I book through them. I also booked my first group cruise through this site.
12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? I read the cruise blogs daily to keep in touch with other addicts they are the only people who care about heard all the details of my upcoming cruise. Even my hubby is bored hearing about it. I also read this site for both entertainment and information plus the people are fun.
13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? Internet
14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? I work so I can pay for the next cruise. Maybe I should start a cruise donation fund. How do you think people will pay me to cruise? Oh I could be a mystery shopper for the cruiselines!! Carnival call me!!!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Beginner

Thanks for all the quick replys! I will let you all know what I've found when the research is done. Thanks again, and keep those replys coming!
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Admiral

. Age: 50 ish

2. Sex: Male/Female I LIKE SEX WITH FEMALE

3. Marital Status: separate
4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? whenever possible

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? yes after my first cruise

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? HEAVEN

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 2 3 years? 5

ALWAYS ON THE CRUISE SITES
NO
TA
11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? YES

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? EVERY DAY

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? LIKE BTH OF THEM

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? READ AND GO TO CRUISE SITES

MY PLEASURE!! HAPPY CRUISING