Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
First Mate

Default Happy Wednesday

Good morning Cruisemates.

I had to drive to work today and on the way in I saw a bunch of cars that had SNOW on them. I'm not ready for this.

Very chilly here in Toronto, so I imagine the snow is headed my way. YUCK.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly Florida! I would love to see snow! Not much going on here.MD is working only from 4-9 today. Tomorrow another long day for her.

Thinking about Thanksgiving and what to cook. WE might be booking a cruise soon, still talking about it. We will see.

have a good day mates!
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

I woke up to snowflakes. A few stuck to the ground, but they will melt soon as the temps are alread 32. Mentally just not prepared for this.

I'm fighting a cold and am worn out. Tomorrow I have to go back to Burlington- that long 70 mile drive, for the third time in less than two weeks. I will have to go alone, like I did last Monday. It is a draining trip.

I seem to have a case of the blah's. Have a hard time to motivate myself or even get excited over much. I hope I can snap out of this soon.

DD called the other day - very excited that all her courses have lined up in precision for her July graduation. She needed to fit in four semesters of French in basically two semesters and two sessions in the summer. The professor announced that they would be having the French trip that will equal the fourth semester and it would be after the first summer session. The trip to France is for six weeks and is more credits than just a normal sememster so not only will she have all her requirements, but get to spend six weeks in France, and have enough credits to have a minor in French. God is truly good.

She also announced she has dyed her hair black...that does not make me as thankful, but I know it will grow out, and she will be very sorry when it starts to look skunky at the roots.

DS rapped up his college Cross Country running season last Saturday and had another personal best time- 8k (5 miles) in 27:28 - so he was pretty happy since he is running with bursitus in his right hip.

Took the dog to the groomers yesterday. Should have brought him earlier as now he is quite short for the winter temps, but it just didn't work out well. Now I feel bad, but in truth we don't spend much time out side during this time of year.

Well gotta run, work, then prep for my Bible Study this afternoon, then will have to lead it. Never do I prep and teach the same day, but I just can't get my act together.

Hope you all have a nice day,
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where there were supposed to be flurries overnight, although I don't see anything remaining this morning. Still, it's only 3C (37F), chilly, but sunny at least.

Jen, there's no month worse than Nov. for a case of the "blahs". I hate Nov. no colour, no warmth, no special holidays (in Canada) nothing fun to do with the kids. That's why I chose to take my vacation in Nov. this year, and I'm counting down....3 days to go!

Hey, it's Hump Day too! My week is going fast!

donna
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............cool & dark out.......some rain..........highs in the mid 50's.......lows still in the 40's......I'll take it.

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good Wednesday.........

Sharon
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
First Mate

Happy Wednesday from Arkansas! Watching "Sunrise Earth" on Discovery HD while I do the laundry..... it's the one called Edge of the Atlantic from Cape Cod National Seashore. It's my favorite..... I love Cape Cod anyway and sitting in my warm den listening to the roar of the surf and watching the waves roll in...... HEAVEN!

I have stopped worrying about Thanksgiving..... my daughter took over 4 years ago when my surgery was the Monday after....... we all had such a fun time that she has done it ever since . A lot of her husband's family comes,too, and we all bring food and everyone talks and eats and laughs and eats and then eats some more.

Many of my friends seem to think that I have been "pushed out" of my role as hostess, but I just enjoy letting someone else have the hassle and my SIL is much more help than my DH ever has been.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue
Good morning from chilly Florida! I would love to see snow! Not much going on here.MD is working only from 4-9 today. Tomorrow another long day for her.

Thinking about Thanksgiving and what to cook. WE might be booking a cruise soon, still talking about it. We will see.

have a good day mates!
I know what we will have for Thanksgiving... a cruise on that day with the Cruisemates!

Have a great day friends.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

Good morning from foggy Southern California. Kinda soggy out there, too.

Speaking of the blahs, I have ironing to do this a.m. We paid off the roofer last night, so that's over with. It's gym day for Keith.

I'd like to go to a tree light ceremony this year for that 115 foot tree in O.C. I've never been to a lighting ceremony before, and it sounds fun.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! One more nice day in Calgary before the **X@ hits the fan weather wise. We'll see 50s today, but snow and 30F tomorrow or Friday.

Have to run over to check on my folks today. Both suffering through some health issues. They always have them, but both feeling ill at the same time does make it hard to deal with.

Thankfully my visit to the Dr. yesterday proved to be decent, as all my bloodwork levels were good, so only had to renew my med perscriptions.

Think I'll make dinner tonight. Since it could be the last decent weather day for a bit I'll fire up the grill.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Admiral

good afternoon to everybody!!
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hello everyone, Busy day at work so I had a lot to do. One more day to go and I get my weekend, Friday and Saturday. So much to do these days. Have a great day Mates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain