Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday morning

Good rainy morning from Massachusetts. What a dreary day. Oh well, it could be snow.

Not much going on except work.

Yesterday was my son's 23rd birthday. I can't believe he's 23. I sent him a two pound chocolate chip cookie decorated like a cake. Boy was he surprised.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Dreary indeed! Pretty warm tho' about 40 here. Almost a tropical heat wave.

Not much happening here. Jaw is very sore from my dentist appointment. Today I have a doctor's appointment, this time with my local doctor. I know he will be ordering blood work, so I have that too "look forward too"

My sore throat has no evolved into a head and chest cold...just what I wanted, not!

Getting ready to do a craft project with some of my girlfriends, and I spent most of yesterday prepping everything. A couple more hours today and I should have a good handle on it.

I also got a few Christmas gifts ordered yesterday. This year I'm struggling so with ideas... maybe it is time to downsize the giving. We still buy for most of our siblings and thier children, who some now have spouses. About 50 people in all I shop for. Maybe next year everyone will be in agreement to change our format.

Well, gotta get ready for work and do a quick pick up of the house.
Good day to you all!
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
Cheryl, the sun will be out soon, they say.....yayayay I am in the final stages of preparing the diaper cake, to give to my boss for his daugher.There must be close to 100 diapers in it! It came out so cute too! I will post a picture of it, when it's done.

Aiden is coming today, so a day of Noggin and Sprout tv.....I may actually drag him on a few errands...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 13th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Admiral

A real quick hello!!! Much catching up to do at work. Radio Margaritaville on Sirius radio is helping with the PCD, along with the knowledge that Marj and I have a future cruise credit in the books.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

Good Morning all. It's going to be 62 today in Rockford Illinois. Not alot going on, work and finishing up packing for the Cruisemates Turkey Cruise leaving out of Miami on Saturday. It will be nice to meet fellow cruisemates for the first time. I'm especially excited to me the KUKI guy as he has been most helpful since I appeared here some 3 years ago. Everyone have a blessed day.
Darlene
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,

We are having a heat wave here on the east coast of Va. Hitting near the 70's for a couple days at least. Guess it's called Indian summer Whatever it is I'll take it.

DH is still off deer hunting,,,won't be back till 20th. So I am decorating the house while he's gone. Having some rooms painted/new cpt. He'll think he's in the wrong place when he gets home.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. Jen I have an idea for you! Just total the $$$ you would spend on those giftsfor over 50 people and write a check to your favorite charity. Get some cards and send each of the 50 people a note saying you donated a certain amount of $$$$ in their name.
I bet this would be well received considering the economy and $$$ is needed everywhere like Salvation Army etc.

I have to run to the post office today and my mind has been on Thanksgiving. We invited a few people from church who have no one and don't have the funds to buy a turkey. We will be a busy place here which I like anyway.

I am very tired today, I did not sleep well. Have a good day mates!
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I had the day off from work yesterday, and I got a lot of yard work done before the first snow fall. I think it's a record! Usually it's snowing when I get around to do some of this stuff. Why is it that you get a day off from work, and you work twice as hard? I know I'm aching today.

I've got to start thinking about deer season. Ours starts Saturday. I've got to pull all my stuff out and see what I might need to buy. Hopefully nothing.

Other than that, not much going on.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 13th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Wind was HOWLING across the Canadian Rockies last night, and right through the foothills to Calgary. It's easly to find all the little gaps in the house's sidind in winds that high.

Temps in the 30s in store for Calgary. Have to get over to my parents place today to get a bunch of things in order for them before we leave. They claim they are ok, and we should continue on with the cruise.... but this one is going to be a tough one to relax and not worry about them.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. We're experiencing a heat wave here, as well. In the 80's the last couple of days.

Jen, what do you buy for all those people? I am struggling for ideas, too. My problem is buying for people who have everything, and of course, keeping the costs of the gifts down.

I was under the weather yesterday but seem to be fine this morning. Don't need illness now, especially since we're having Thanksgiving at our house again this year. SIL and his wife didn't want it, and this gets us off the hook for Christmas, which I really didn't want to do. Let the youngsters do that!

Keith and I plan to go to see Corteo (Cirque de Soleil) tonight, so I won't get on Chat or see DWTS.

Have a good day everybody.

Judy
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all:

Was awake early today and was successful in waking Betty in the process. She is working the day shift today so I am in the dog house for robbing her of 1.5 hours of sleep.

I now have orders to have the housework done and dinner on the table when she gets home or they'll be hell to pay. I am debating whether to do it or just right the check. I wonder if you make it out to cash or just "Hell"?

Kuki: I hope that the parents do well why you are gone and I hope that their situation is correctable.

Jen: Take care of yourself. Wow! 50 gifts. I'd look for another alternative. I barely remember to buy for the wife, kids and grandkids. The grandkids are at the top of the list.

Joanne: Sounds like a long hunting trip for the DH. I hope he gets a nice one.

To everyone: I hope that all who aren't feeling good, quickly get better and that everyone has a great Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. Warm and cloudy here in Space City, USA. Wow! I need to get serious about packing!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Montreal!! Last day of work , then sat. I am off.