CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Jewel OTS Transatlatic Review posted..... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/342565-jewel-ots-transatlatic-review-posted.html)

Lisa November 18th, 2007 03:45 AM

Jewel OTS Transatlatic Review posted.....

If anyone is interested, the review I posted about the Jewel Of the Seas transatlantic crossing is now up on the Member Reviews section. If you have any questions, please ask!

Lynne&Trevor November 18th, 2007 06:33 PM

Hi Lisa,
It sounds as if you had a wonderful time. We know a Kim and Jack who have posted on our board and who have been at Cruisemates dinners. I wonder if they are the same couple!!! Kimjack is their user name.

Also, I think another friend and his wife and mother-in-law were on your cruise-Ross and Diane and her mother. I think they probably had a suite. We were on the Star Princess with them in 2005. Ross was telling us something about going to Normandy before they left.

Trevor and I have spoken about wanting to take a TA cruise sometime. First, we have to get over our dislike for flying! That has kept us cruising in the Caribbean for all our voyages so far. He wants to see Normandy and some of those places, too. He was overseas-Italy, etc. while on a carrier in the Navy. Our next door neighbors have taken a TA over and said that everything is expensive until you step off the ship!! LOL.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful cruise. It will be a good memory for you. And, I love all those trivia games, too!

Lynne

Phyllbo November 18th, 2007 08:28 PM

I just read your review, Lisa. Thanks for posting it for us. I haven't done a TA yet, but we are looking forward to the one we are taking in April. I hadn't thought about the time thing as far as going east or west. One of these days we'll have to try the eastbound one based on your recommendation.

Glad you had such a great time and met so many nice people.

Phyll

Lisa November 19th, 2007 02:03 AM

Lynne - yes I met Ross and Diane....along with Evelyn and Ida who traveled with them. In fact, I had been in contact with Ross well before the cruise started as I posted on the roll call for this cruise over on the CC board. And the Kim and Jack that were on board were not the Kim and Jack from here.....the ones I met were from Minnesota and Kim was my age and had some older college age kids and a 3 year old son.

How about considering a train ride up to NY and catching the QM2 over to England.....and a transatlantic leaving from either Southampton or Harwich returning to Florida or NYC......would have to be done in the fall though. If you allow a week or a few days between ships, you could take the ferry over to Le Havre and take a tour to Normandy and see the sites there. There are ways to get it done! And with the US dollar so weak now, it was actually cheaper on the ship than it was on land in England and on the continent and on Madiera.

Phyll - I could not believe how much I loved I loved the sea days! All in a row with mixed sea conditions. I've never come home from a vacation so refreshed and relaxed.

momofmeg November 22nd, 2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne&Trevor
Hi Lisa,
It sounds as if you had a wonderful time. We know a Kim and Jack who have posted on our board and who have been at Cruisemates dinners. I wonder if they are the same couple!!! Kimjack is their user name.

Also, I think another friend and his wife and mother-in-law were on your cruise-Ross and Diane and her mother. I think they probably had a suite. We were on the Star Princess with them in 2005. Ross was telling us something about going to Normandy before they left.

Trevor and I have spoken about wanting to take a TA cruise sometime. First, we have to get over our dislike for flying! That has kept us cruising in the Caribbean for all our voyages so far. He wants to see Normandy and some of those places, too. He was overseas-Italy, etc. while on a carrier in the Navy. Our next door neighbors have taken a TA over and said that everything is expensive until you step off the ship!! LOL.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful cruise. It will be a good memory for you. And, I love all those trivia games, too!

Lynne

On our Connie TA this past Sept. we had a couple who took Amtrak to NY from Atlanta and took cunard's Queen mary II over, then spent 5 days in England and and then crossed back with us. The wife is english and they dislike flying. They say they do this every year.