Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Saturday Morning

Good Morning CruiseMates!! I have been up most of the night. Unable to sleep with this cold. I used the time to work on my cruise blog and it is up now. I am off today and plan to keep it that way so I can recuperate from this cold. I was supposed to be off yesterday but was called in. This morning I have the cell phone turned off. Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a chilly -9C in Montreal. Bright sunshine on the snow and ice, pretty, but cold!
Lots to do today, a Pilates class, shopping, errands, and make something for a pot luck dinner.

Laura, hope you feel better, maybe this shot of the beach will help!

donna
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is a bright, but chilly morning (18). DH is puttering in the garage, his dad is coming over and dh will do some work to fil truck. Later tonight we will go to the in-laws, dh's youngest sister is up and her and her new husband will be making dinner, then we have to go to a cousins house to visit dh's uncle who is visiting from Florida. So - another family day today.

Did some on-line shopping yesterday. Bought fil a small handheld GPS. A very simple one as he wouldn't be able to handle anything very complicated. On Thanksgiving day he told my husband that now that he is older he is afraid of getting turned around in the woods and getting lost. He mainly works in the woods, clearing brush, surveying and cutting cedar fence posts. He is so hard to buy for usually. His statement made this year's shopping easy, as we don't want to loose him.

I still have some of the hard people left, but I'm whittling down the list a bit.

I caught up on paperwork yesterday, so today means housecleaning...ick!

Doug - she should be on the naughty list...lol!

Have a fun day all!
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Bon Dia from Sao Paulo,

Arrived safe and sound after a completely uneventful flight. The luggage was on the conveyor when we arrived and my SIL was right outside of customs to welcome us.

In a bit we are off to see the city and do some shopping. My sister-in-law and her kids are great. It's nice to see three kids who really "work" cleaning house and helping.

It's time to be off now.

Have a great day!
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Morning all .
Ahhh that picture of the beach !!! what a beautiful way to wake up.
Thanks Donna for keeping us focused.
Not much happening this weekend.
Next week will be crazy when the AC gets installed.
I'm not looking forward to the mess they will do.
Y'all have a nice weekend. Stay warm.
Carole 8)
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning

Good morning from Southern California where once again, we fight the fires.

The upside is that we had a nice Thanksgiving. Keith cooked a delicious meal. The downside is that my back has complained bitterly about the whole business of holidaying! Yesterday, we both simply cooled it.

At the end of our dinner on Thursday, the light fixture over the dining room table decided that it no longer wanted to light the way anymore. So today, Keith will try to find the problem. The fixture is less than a year old.

Do any of you remember Frank ( Farimco) and Susan who sailed on the Century with us last year and on the Liberty? His wife died several monhs ago. But he is out here visiting his children, and we will have lunch with him on Monday.

Anyone start shopping yet? Have a good day battlingthe crowds!

Judy
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Judy, I do indeed remember meeting Frank and his lovely wife Susan onboard the Century. When you see him at lunch Monday, please remember me to him, and send him my best wishes. I will always remember his wonderful hug/greeting when I first met him in the lobby of the Miami hotel, pre-cruise.

donna
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

RD thanks for posting the picture, It sure did help. I really think it is time for me to book a cruise that should do the trick for sure. I am very seriously considering the Halloween cruise on Carnival Legend with Ken and Vita. Louanne and Jim booked I sure hope you and James do too.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Well we arrived in Miami a little after midnight and made it to the Hyatt by 1:00 a.m. The fellow at the front desk was a bit alarmed when he saw our tribe walk through the door in the wee hours. He ducked into the office for abotu 10 minutes trying to figure out where he would put us and finally came back and asked if I'd mind a suite. Well you know it's a sacrifice, I'm willing to make lol! The hotel is in the midst of being renovated, actually I think that all of Miami is in the midst of renovation. I like this hotel so much better than the Radisson we stayed at last month. We woke up and walked a couple of blocks to a very busy bakery. It took a while but we ate and then stopped by CVS and got some various items I forgot to pack. We also picked up the infamous Canadian cold remedy known as Buckley's to give to Kuki when we see him tonight. My husband swears by it, but it just makes me swear ...end of story yuk! It tastes like a liquified mentholated pine tree.

We're still recovering from our late night and none too perky, but in a bit we're going for a stroll to check out the Freedom before she takes off on the next adventure and we're popping by the Radisson to pick up our recently re-discovered carseats which resurfaced there after the airline lost them during our last trip to Miami.

Spoke to Kuki a little bit ago. He's sounds pretty sickly, but he says he's upto having dinner if we don't fear infection. Shoot I live with two small children and I am exposed to more germs than Carter's got liver pills, so I am pretty sure I have got a pretty strong immune system. I'm not scared of no germs! Who knows when I'll get a chance to meet Kuki and Mrs. Kuki again? Hopefully the kids will be on their best behavior in spite of our late night last night. I would hate to see a post about the misbehaving children at Bubba Gumps. So wish me luck.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Afternoon from the Pacific Northwest............had a few things to do this morning.......so I'm late.........

Judy.........yes we remember Frank.........tell him hey from us....been thinking of him...........

Beenie.........have a great time at dinner with the Kuki's........

Y'all have a good Saturday...........

Sharon
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Good evening all. It's been a busy weekend around here, but fun.

Mike, I'm so glad to see that you had a great trip, and are enjoying the time with the relatives.

Beenie, I know you're going to be having a great time with Kuki and Geela at dinner. Hard to believe that their cruise is already over.
Bon Voyage to you and to Kuki and Geela too as they take off again.

Judy say hi to Frank for us too. He is a great guy.

Phyll