Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Happenings

Good Morning. Gee the lights and air handlers failed on the train going home, imagine that. After one attempt to urge the squirrels to work again the engineer gave up and we finished the trip in the semi-dark. This morning everything went well, no raving madmen or equipment failures.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Volcano, St Lucia

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:09 AM
First Mate

Good morning Cruisemates.

Very chilly here in Toronto. Had to get out the winter coat.

Doug, our bus/subway system here is called TTC, (Toronto Transit Commission), but the other name for it is TAKE THE CAR. I think that statement is self explanatory.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. The sun is finally shining, although they are predicting snow for Sunday.

My husband received a new laptop from my brother last night. My brother won it as part of a prize for top 3 salesman at a recent convention. Since he already had 2 and he heard me talk about getting Tony a laptop for Christmas, he was generous and gave it to us. That saves me some money. Now I can get me the new digital camera and camcorder that I've been wanting.

Doug--I look forward to your pictures every morning. Thanks.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, Mates!

Another nice day for the Texas Gulf Coast. I will be very, very busy, however. I have to pack for a cruise!

Doug, I too love your pics! Thanks!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning CruiseMates,
It's a crisp frosty morning here on the "Homestead". My kind of weather for sure.

ready,
Have a GREAT cruise!
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is a chilly, sunny day.

I am off from work, so have lots of home stuff to do. I also want to do some of my Christmas shopping on line, and get that over with.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another seasonal day here in the Northeast Kingdom. It has been a frustrating morning thus far and amazon.com is making me pretty annoyed. I don't have time to finish unraveling the mess this morning so I'll try again tonight, after I call the credit card company. The "joys" of online ordering

I should vacuum before I head to work. After work is Bible Study, then try to get ahead on some projects. For some reason one of my calves is cramping up and I have a pinched nerve under my shoulder blade. I must have done something, as both on the left side, but I have no recollection of anything. The awful head cold is still linger and the misery of eating is a constant discouragement. I guess today it is just getting to me. Also got a letter yesterday from a friend letting me know of their most recent addition to the family, and that the baby has Downs. I guess I'm just overwhelmed.

Hope you all have a great day.
Doug - thanks for the pictures. Yours too Donna! I need the sun thru any source I can get.
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Yeah, I'm still around, but not quite as often. Last week I was busy deer hunting (no, I didn't get one), and lately here at work, we've been real busy. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm starting to get run ragged.

I can't believe it is almost December! The bell ringers are out in force, the mad shoppers are in the stores, but we still haven't had any snow. Maybe by next week. DW wants to cut down a X-mas tree this weekend, so it's officially that time of the year. The time of insanity.

Other than that, not much going on. Just starting to think about where we want to go on our mid-winter cruise.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the thermometer is registering at -9C (15C), but the sun is out, whooppeee!

Doug you don't seem to be having much luck with your commute lately.
I just barely made it to my train last night, had to get on the wrong end (I took a shortcut) and got stuck on the stairway against the door all the way home, it was so crowded. Train passes are expensive for standing room only...

So, while I'm battling the crowded train and the minus temps today, I will be daydreaming about this place....

donna
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............cool & dark.....highs in the mid 40's......low's in the 30's maybe down into the 20's.........

Not much happening here...........

Y'all have a good Wednesday............

Sharon
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Gosh Donna, just seeing your picture makes me daydream about that place also. Good morning all. Nothing happening today just a lazy day at the retirement home. Have a great one.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Happenings

Good morning from a very windy Southern California. The Santa Anas are here, for sure. I hope they didn't stir up the Malibu fire again.

I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. Very convenient it was, all done on the telephone, no wrapping, or anything. Wish the laundry would be so easy.

The family room light fixture saga goes on and on. A new one will come from Asia.

Donna, that picture really looks good, especially when I look out the window here!

Judy
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

RD and Doug, I enjoy the pictures in the posts too. Thanks for posting them.

Not much happening here. One of my favorite broadcasters will be 5 minutes away on Friday for a book signing, and I will be headed towards Atlanta for Jake's Company Christmas party.

Have a good one all.

Phyll