Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Happy First Day of December!

December has started with a brutal grip. It is frigid, 14, and the wind is blowing steady, with big gust, so I'm sure the windchill drops it below zero. The low tonight is ten below. Then lots of sleeet, freezing rain and snow. The storm advisory will last from Sunday evening until Tuesday morning.

Enjoyed a nice dinner with my family last night. The food was awful, but the fellowship was good. Rushed home to watch Deal or No Deal as one of the Contestants was a guy my niece dated a few times. He was toward the end of the show, so we will get to see more of him in the nex episode.

Not much planned today. DH worked until midnight, tho' he did get home for a bout 3 hours from 7-10. Today he is already heading out, this job will take at least 6 hours, a broken pole. He'll be frozen. The way the wind is blowing I don't really expect him back at all. I mean not during the day, I do expect him home at some point.
Hope you all have a good day
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen and those to follow.

Already at work this morning. Hopefully it will be a slow day and I can get caught up on some paperwork.

Waiting on some snow that will be coming tomorrow. As long as it comes late since I am working at the bank's tent for the Natick Annual Lighting event. It should be fun even if it snows and is cold. Just watching the little kids excitement with Santa will be fun.

Hoping to do some Christmas shopping later today. Considering that I haven't really done any, I better get moving.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Goeden Morgen ... I'm praticing my Dutch for our trip to Europe.
today is a very busy weekend. Decorations go up, trip to the mall,mail gifts & cards. Thanks be this only one time a year.
Have a good day
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I know what you mean Jen. It was so cold and windy this morning that I decided not to go deer hunting today. We tried last weekend when it was windy, and we didn't see a thing. And I was going to be hunting alone, so the chances of seeing a deer would be slim. I've got one day of vacation left, so I might take one day this coming week.

Today DW an I will be hunting for the ultimate prize...our Christmas tree. It's a good thing we planned it for today, because the storm coming through tonight is going to be a messy one. Snow, freezing rain, sleet, the whole shebang. I can hardly wait!

Hope everyone is well and safe, and remember, only 24 more shopping days left! UGH!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Morning Everyone,

Not much difference here - 81 Degrees - My Heart so far seems fine, I just got a call from my Kids - it's 28, it feels like 15, and it's snowing. I'm gald to be living here.

Have a nice day,

Edward
R.I.P.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............so far no snow......hopefully it won't show......we'll see.........

Not much happening today.........

Y'all have a good Saturday...........

Sharon
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Morning All, from a frigid Montreal, where we're sharing much the same weather as VTJen and fasteddie. Woke up to -13C (8F) with a windchill of -22C (-7). It's going to be a cold, windy weekend, and then we are forecast to be hit with a good winter storm by Sunday night, snow, sleet, wind, and accumulation over 20 cms.! Maybe Monday will be a Snow Day!

As explained in another post, I am glad to be able to post here again, after suffering some weird computer glitch since Thursday. I could read CM, but could not log in to post anything - so frustrating!

Glad to hear Edward is back and feeling fine, enjoying the temps in St. Thomas!
fasteddie, good luck with the Christmas tree hunt!
Sea Trekker, Christmas shopping is on my to-do- list too!
nolou, nice new avatar.
VTJen, you sure are keeping busy, and I feel for your hubby out there on a frozen pole today in this frigid weather!

Everyone else, have a good weekend!

donna
Old December 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Buckhead GA. Nice fall day here. We will be going down to Jake's company Christmas party here at the hotel in just an hour or so. I don't really know anyone so this is just a get away weekend for me.

Tomorrow I head back to sunny warm Florida, and Jake heads out to Canada and ice and snow. Sure wish he was heading in the same direction that I am.

Have a good weekend all. Carole, good idea practicing you foreign languages. :-)

Phyll
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Phyll, I don't know where in Canada that Jake is headed, but if he's anywhere near Montreal, he's better pack his "Mukluks". We're in for a big storm Sun.-Mon.!

donna
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Happy December all!

Greetings from Jersey! 32 degrees and windy and cold. Sunday ice storm! Christmas is around the corner. Malls are packed and traffic galore! :evil:

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas