Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Default ?re:FLL vs MIA arrival embarkation day

Merry Christmas/HappyHolidays everyone!! We did book a 9 day Souther Caribb. cruise leaving March 14/08 on Norwegian Jewel. Now we are looking for flights and I have remembered to NEVER fly back too early on the day of disembarkation! (We are spending 2 nights post-cruise.)
But I think we may have to do a 'red-eye' and arrive early embarkations day morning to either MIA or FLL. (We are probably flying out of Seattle instead of Vancouver as it is so much cheaper for the 4 of us.) The arrival times are either: very early morning(of course will leave SEA even earlier) or 10:30am to either airport. IF we take the 10:30am arrival time, is the time difference to get to the Port of Miami about the same(factoring in Miami airport congestions, etc.)?? Or do you think I am 'gambling' again?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Brenda in Vancouver
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Brenda,
As long as you don't have any major delays, arriving in Miami at 10:30 would work out just fine. Just a suggestion, since you are flying a good distance, is it possible to have one pre-cruise and one post cruise day, that would lessen the worry over missing the ship should a flight have a problem. Just a thought..

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have to agree..GETTING to the ship to crusie is where you need wiggle room. If there is a storm, and delays, it can be tough..Coming home, the cruise line will do their part, to get you off in time for your flight, if it's an early one...Noonish, early afternoon, would be good. If you have tricky weather for your flight home, it's less worrysome. Please DO get travel insurance too..

I know how much you are looking forward to this cruise..Enjoy, don't worry;)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 12th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Thanks Donna and Trip.
The only reason we kind of have to fly in the morning of the cruise is to minimize the time lost at school(she will definitely miss Friday school) for my Gr.11 daughter.
I sure am hoping next semester goes better than this semester=don't ask! (She has her easier subjects next semester and should do fine.)
I may book an early morning Thursday flight from SEA and would get into FLL/MIA late Thurs. night which would make me worry less about delays/weather/etc.! lol
We did get travel insurance!
We have always arrived a couple days precruise and never had to worry!(And I AM a 'worry-wart'!lol)
Brenda in Vancouver