CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Funchal at Christmas so pretty (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/343431-funchal-christmas-so-pretty.html)

katlady December 13th, 2007 10:00 AM

Funchal at Christmas so pretty

They decorate the whole island and folk groups walk around singing and dancing. Star Princess is in port today. So my funchal harbor cam and the princess webcam are staring at each other. I love that, here are the links. :D http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/index.html http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-04.html
http://www.madeira-web.com/Media/daily-pic.jpg

Manuel December 13th, 2007 05:18 PM

Kat I had to be the first one to respond to your post. I have allways wanted to spend new year's on Madeira, and now even more so. I am also happy when I see a beautiful place in Portugal.

Manuel

katlady December 13th, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
Kat I had to be the first one to respond to your post. I have allways wanted to spend new year's on Madeira, and now even more so. I am also happy when I see a beautiful place in Portugal.

Manuel

This video clips is pretty long. But they are viewing the New Year's fireworks from a cruise ship. Csis and I were in Madeira Island for New Year's eve I have never seen fireworks that cool before. The whole island had them.

Manuel December 13th, 2007 07:57 PM

Kat you sure did a great job in putting up that video. Funchal's fireworks set a world record last new year's eve.Funchal is one of 3 places I want to spend new years eve on. The others are a cruiseship and Las Vegas since I'm doing the Carnival Liberty this year, I plan to do one of the others next uear.

Manuel
PS I can't begin to tell you how much I love your posts

Lisa December 13th, 2007 09:01 PM

Kat, when we were on Madiera on 11/4, I was up early enough to see the lights of the island from miles out at sea when we were approaching. It looked like a diamond bracelet on the water. Our tour guide said that as beautiful as that was, it is even more beautiful at Christmas when over half a million more lights were added! And dang it all, we were a month too soon to see it!

katlady December 14th, 2007 09:58 AM

The picture changed and this ones even prettier. Manuel I'm glad you like my posts. :D

Manuel December 14th, 2007 05:07 PM

Kat, I saw that fireworks display several times. Thanks again for putting it up.

Manuel

thecruisequeen December 14th, 2007 05:24 PM

Wow that was nice Kat! Thanks!

8) :D :D

Manuel December 15th, 2007 03:56 PM

Kat, besides peixe espada what other foods are you looking forward to in Madeira. Also ,does your husband like Madeira?

Manuel

crazysis December 15th, 2007 04:54 PM

you have NEVER seen fireworks until you have seen them on funchal portugal! i have never seen any since none that can even come close! that video was GOOD but didnt do it justice! we were on the roof of a hotel in downtown Funchal and it was AMAZING!

arkiegal December 15th, 2007 05:52 PM

DH & I, DD & SIL, DS& DIL are doing a NOLA barge cruise for this New Years Eve...... including fireworks on the mighty Mississippi! We can't wait!

Manuel December 15th, 2007 07:36 PM

Crazysis, I would haved loved to have gone to Madeira in the past, but raising 3 kids, and later a divorce got in the way. But I'm doing quite well now,and plan to go there soon.
If you or Kat could tell me the name of the hotel where you stayed I would appreciate it. Thanks

Manuel

katlady December 15th, 2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Crazysis, I would haved loved to have gone to Madeira in the past, but raising 3 kids, and later a divorce got in the way. But I'm doing quite well now,and plan to go there soon.
If you or Kat could tell me the name of the hotel where you stayed I would appreciate it. Thanks

Manuel

APARTHOTEL RENO
15 Rua das Pretas
Funchal
Tel: 226125/6/7
Fax: 227526
These is the listing for the Madeira directory I don't know what international information you would need to make the phone numbers work. My hubby has never been to Madeira Island this will be his first trip. :D
Arkiegal I love fireworks on the water so pretty I know you will have a great new year. :D

Manuel December 16th, 2007 11:57 AM

Thanks Kat, calling Madeira would not be a problem for me. What I wanted was getting a hotel where you can get a good view of the fireworks. Your husband is in the same situation as my wife, in that she has never been to Portugal, but she enjoys Portuguese food except for fish.

Manuel

katlady December 17th, 2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks Kat, calling Madeira would not be a problem for me. What I wanted was getting a hotel where you can get a good view of the fireworks. Your husband is in the same situation as my wife, in that she has never been to Portugal, but she enjoys Portuguese food except for fish.

Manuel

That is funny cause my hubby hates fish. LOL Check the first picture I posted it changed again I love this new version. :D

Manuel December 18th, 2007 04:38 AM

Kat tthat new picture is great. Thank you again for such great posts.

Manuel

katlady December 18th, 2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Kat tthat new picture is great. Thank you again for such great posts.

Manuel

I linked to the daily picture so everytime they change the picture it changes on the board. 8)

Manuel December 18th, 2007 05:39 PM

Wow, now I will be looking at it every day.

Manuel

Manuel December 20th, 2007 05:30 PM

Kat I'm really enjoying this. Merry Christmas to you and all your family and friends.

Manuel

katlady December 20th, 2007 05:57 PM

Yeah cool picture today. :D I get such a kick at for the fact that the pic changes everyday and I don't have to do nothing. LOL

Manuel December 20th, 2007 09:32 PM

:D

Manuel

Manuel December 26th, 2007 08:39 PM

I hope this post stays up for a while.

Manuel

katlady December 28th, 2007 12:17 AM

Manuel the picture changed again just for you. LOL This one is so pretty.

nlb1050 January 5th, 2008 07:00 PM

Love the pic on now of New Years Fireworks.

Katlady, glad you started this post.

Manuel January 5th, 2008 07:26 PM

Kat as soon as I came back form my cruise I had to see the Funchal picture of the day.

Manuel

katlady January 6th, 2008 12:17 AM

I glad you guys bought the thread back up that is a great picture of the fireworks. :D Wonder what it will change to tomorrow. LOL

Manuel January 8th, 2008 08:35 PM

Kat i'm still enjoying this. ( muito obrigado)

Manuel

katlady January 8th, 2008 10:00 PM

I love today's picture. I forgot how to say you are welcome in portuguese.

Mean Dean January 9th, 2008 12:05 AM

Sherry,

It's the same as in Spanish, de nada!

Dean

nlb1050 January 15th, 2008 01:33 PM

Love today's picture of the sunset!