Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Default Good snowy Friday morning

Snow, snow, snow, everywhere you look. We got about 10 inches or so in Framingham, MA where I live. My normal 16 minute commute yesterday was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Not bad since some commuters took 4-6 hours. My husband went to his brothers and stayed there until 9:00 pm. His commute was then only about 40 minutes since the roads were good by then.

More snow is predicted for Sunday.

My daughter was thankful that she flew home on Wednesday or she would probably still be in Tampa.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Is everyone sleeping today? We got pretty lucky yesterday. We only got about 6" of snow where we live, but it looks like on Sunday, a Nor'easter is going to dump a foot of snow on us. Oh boy!

I'm surprised my snowblower started yesterday. I didn't have time to get it ready, but it only took a few minutes to get going. I have to make a few adjustments on it though. Gotta get it done before Sunday!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where yes, it's snowy here too! It snowed all afternoon, evening and night (again!). I don't know how many cms. but everything is covered in a clean blanket of white once again. Rumours are going around that we're expecting another Big One, 40cms (!) on Sunday.
At work, we're hoping that means another Monday Snow Day!

Last night we enjoyed a wonderful staff Xmas dinner, and auction. Everyone brought at least 3 new, wrapped, but unwanted items (usually recycled gifts), then we held an auction. It was loud and lively, and everyone got something they wanted, and the best part was that we raised over $600. for a charity of our choice!
Two other highlights; the head of our parent board of directors showed up with Christmas bonuses for everybody (YAY!) and our wonderful boss gave all of us beautiful Pashmina shawls! Mine is lilac, so I am VERY happy!

donna
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Snow here too, lots more than I thought. Yesterday we drove home from Burlington in the snow, it wasn't really too bad, but the car in front of us never rose above 30 mph, well 35 once, but it was short lived. The roads were not bad, but there was no way to pass this driver. It took almost 3 hours, ridiculous, and they turned off only about 8 miles before the end of our journey. It made for a long day.

Hoping they got some good images from the mri yesterday. They were not sure if they would come out because of the braces. Not sure why they even thought I should do it before braces came off if they didn't think any of the picutres would come out. On more frustration. Now will play the waiting game.

Today is hectic. The Church Counsel Christmas party tonight. I have all but 3 prizes bought and wrapped. I think it will total 20 wrapped prizes.
I have to print my games off, so must remember to fire up the lap top and the other printer. Need to start my dishes. Making meatballs, with the cranberry and chili sauce - easy. Cole slaw -with all the preshredded Rainbow mix and crushed pineapple, so again, easy. Then I'll steam my cauliflower and get it all prepped with the mayo - shredded cheese mixture - then sprinkle on the tumeric and curry and paprika and get it already to bake. Then rush to the store, get the last of the prizes.
Have all my decorations and Christmas dishes in the jeep - will have to unload - countless trips. Oh, need to grab some poinsettias or something for the tables. Yikes.

Also started my toasting beverage last night - nonalcoholic version of Crimson Sippers - pomegranite juice, sage, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice. It has been boiled, simmered and is chilling - just add the club soda at the last minute.

Problem is that this year all the big Sunday School rooms are being used for either play or music prep for the Holidays, so I have to set up in the Fellowship Hall. I can't get in there until almost 1:30 because on Fridays the local AA group uses the room for their noon meeting. This is stressing me out, cuz it takes hours to set up and get ready, plus timing my dishes and running back and forth between home and church and the store.

Well, guess I need to shower and get going. Also, the kids will have play practice and keeping them out of the Fellowship Hall and the kitchen will be a task and I'm not looking forward to being the big "meanie". But I have no time for chitchat with bored parents waiting for their kids, or kids sneaking around looking for snacks in the kitchen.

Hope everyone has a great day

Donna - I'm still not done. Do have to assemble at least enough for the people at tonights party. I hope to have time this weekend since I'll be snowed in.
Thanks for thinking of my kids. They made it to Conn late Wed. nite. They had sleet and snow there all day yesterday. They called to say that it hasn't been cleaned up yet and the roads are a mess, so they will leave early tomorrow and make it back before then next storm hits. I'm getting anxious. We will have the tree lights on and decorations out. I'm gonna have a big pot of chili waiting for their arrival, and then hot cider and cookies after the trimming. I can't wait.
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull cloudy day in Texas.

I still can not picture all of the snow that you guys have to deal with. It just does not compute in my brain. I guess if you grow up dealing with it, it just seems normal to you.

Not much going on here. I have been out of work for a week, and I think I could get use to this, but spending way to much time on the computer.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

I have to agree with Luanne, I just can't imagine dealing with that kind of snow! Our temps are still very mild, with a dip to the mid 40's coming tomorrow afternoon.

I finally got my tree up yesterday! I love cruising between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it sure cuts into my holiday preparation time. I guess the elves didn't get the memo that I would be gone and get things done without me.

Not sure what my day will hold, probably a little shopping. Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! No snow in Calgary the last few days, but temps are still hovering in the 20s F.

Kuki Jr est came home from school in Arizona for winter break, and got a rude awakening from the warm temps in Pheonix. Sammy was SO HAPPY to see him again, he couldn't stop jumping on him. And Jon was equally happy to see him, since they haven't been together since Aug.

At least until Jan. 10 I now have someone else to walk Sammy
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Default Good Snowy Friday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. No snow here, but still on the chilly side.

Keith still battles the bug, so I guess no Christmas tree here. Saves a lot on the holiday prep, though. I haven't done any wrapping yet. My grand daughter's gift arrived yesterday from Disney. I just ordered it Saturday night!

Best get started on my to-do list.

Have a good day, and please drive carefully.

Judy
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

How much snow is expected in Boston for Sunday? Specifically between 1PM and 4PM.

Carnival Holiday - Dec 04
Carnival Liberty - Jan 06
Carnival Liberty - Jan 07
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Jan 08
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Good morning friends! No snow here as the other Texans said but it is cloudy and a wee bit chilly. It is supposed to storm tonight as back to back fronts come through Houston. Well... we'll see.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.