Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday is Alright!!

Saturday has arrived and the rain that was supposed to be here a few hours ago just now started. It is 72F, on its way to mid 30F.

Still slow in the household. But I am taking it in stride.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am home...from the port to my house, 30 minutes! Icould get used to driving home, instead of heading to the airport!

I am off to work now...no rest for me! We had a very nice time and pictures will be up soon:)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from what the heck is wrong with this weather, Texas.

Yesterday we had rain all day with a temp of 60. Last night the lightning started, and tried to keep us up all night. Today the winds are at 40 miles an hour, with our high being now, and our low of 29 at 2:00 this afternoon.

Did all of you get that. I will e-mail charts and pictures to all of you shortly.

Well, what about my day. Today is the state championship for our high school football team. Go dawgs It is also Jim's annual Christmas party for work. It is usually the only time every year where I can really dress up, except cruising, but this year someone decided it would be country nice. What the heck is country nice?

Anyway, it should be fun, and the food is usually good, and I guess every once in awhile one of us can go to the parking lot to turn on the radio to see what the score is. For the record I would rather take my country nice clothes to the ballgame.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Woke up to about an inch of snow, already did a quick shovel and now, off to work...

Trip, welcome home. We all enjoyed your posts from the ship, glad you had a little get away, just sorry you had to get back to work so soon.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Welcome back Trip. Thanks for the reports about the ship. I enjoyed reading them, and I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Jake and I have been out for breakfast, and then we did a quick tour of the mall. Everything is so pretty and Christmasy!

Have a good one.

Phyll
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we are in the "calm before the storm" mode. "They" are threatening 40+cms of snow in a very cold and windy snowstorm starting tomorrow, so we are trying to get all our Christmas shopping and regular grocery shopping done today. The best laid plans of getting out early however, have been dashed already when I overslept.....

I spent some time last night loading pictures into the Personal Gallery, for those of you who were interested in my basement renovation project. Just minor renovations really, replacing the old and disgusting carpet, and cutting down the ugly stair poles to open up the whole room. Let me know what you think!

donna
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Good morning all from Etiwanda. The sun is shining brightly and it's about 50F and rising to about 77F today. Enjoy yourself today.
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday is Alright

Good morning from a cold Southern California.

Welome home, Trip!

What I like about today is that I don't have to iron. What I don't like about today is that I am still nurse maid to a sick husband. He gets stir crazy, but I think that staying in is the best thing.

Last night I had my once-a-year nice dream. I dreamed I went to Beverly Hills and toured store after store full of beautifully decorated Christmas trees. Some had gifts under them, some didn't. And as in real life, I found something I wanted. Fortunately, it doesn't exist!

Well, time for some breakfast and then some real-life gift wrapping.

Judy
Old December 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Gee, weather in Calgary is actually beginning to sound quite acceptable compared to what some of you are getting. Here we're just cool and in the 20s F still.

It's back to routine for me... Saturday brunch out with my father. Since Kuki Jr est is here he'll come along.

I'm told my docs for Zuierdam on our their way... so we'll be square dancing in Calgary soon
Old December 15th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good afternoon from Orlando. We're off to the state football championships...go Boone Braves!
Angela Z.
Old December 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon,

A cold day, but a respite between storms. We got a lot of snow yesterday - several inches. Then of course the "big one" tomorrow.

Kids made it home at about 1 this afternoon. The chili is simmering, the cornbread will go in soon. Son has already gone Cross Country skiing, daughter is knitting. We will eat then trim the tree.

Party went well last night, I'm exhausted from all the prep work and cooking. Now I have the cards to finish, and catch up on paper work.

Hope everyone is having a good day, and that those in the storm zone are getting prepped.
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Its now going on 8:00 here and the snow has NOT let up. They origionally were calling for 1-2 inches, which we had by the time we woke up this AM...Looking more like half a foot at least by the time its through here tomorrow, ugh! So glad I got another SUV, makes the drive much better!

Message Boards Moderator