Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Admiral

Default Good Snowy Monday Morning!

Morning All, it's 12:22 a.m. Monday, and at 11 P.M. I got the call I was waiting for - SNOW DAY tomorrow!!
Early Sun. morning this is what my shovel looked like:

Earlier this evening, some 25 cms. later, this is what it looked like:

Around 8 p.m. we tried to dig out for the plow to come:

It is still snowing, and will continue to snow and blow until tomorrow morning, so there will be a lot more digging to do tomorrow!
Just thought all you lucky people in Florida and Texas might like to see what the rest of the country is dealing with!

donna
Old December 17th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

I see the pictures from R-D and it sure looks like fun. We are a very cold 29 degrees right now (0500) but we are looking for a cool high of only 58. How ever in a month we will be in warm weather again (70 and 80's). Boy I love the south, but I miss the snowball fights.

Have a great day

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Thanks for the snow Donna! Enjoy your snow day...we didn't have any hurricane days this year and that's a good thing.
Angela Z.
Old December 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good lousy morning from frozen Massachusetts. Snow/sleet/rain came yesterday. It didn't stop me and my daughter from spending most of the day out shopping. The malls and stores were practically empty. It was great and we got alot done. No traffic, no parking problems, no lines and the best part---NO RUDE PEOPLE.

About 90% done my shopping and almost all of it is wrapped. We got our tree over the weekend. We'll decorate it this week but leave some decorations for my son to do when he flies home on Saturday.

Donna--I thought we had alot of snow!!!!!!!! I won't complain about our amount after seeing your pictures. Enjoy your snow day.

Hope everyone has a gret and safe day.
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We too like Donna and Cheryl have plenty of snow. It is still coming down, tho' nothing like the last 24 hours. The wind is starting to blow, so there will be lots of drifting and whiteouts to deal with today. I will have to brave the elements to bring dd to work and do some errands. Lots of schools are closed around the state, but only a few in our area, most have a delay.

Lots to catch up on today as yesterday I did nothing but relax and spend time with the kids. I should have done stuff, but figured soon their friends will be arriving home from school also and we wouldn't really all be in the house at the same time with not much to do, so I took advantage of it.

Hope you all have a nice day!
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from not snowing Texas where we are due to get up to 60 something today.

Donna, I don't have to deal with that stuff, so it looks pretty to me.

Not much going on today.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Chosen Frozen !!! Here in South Jersey we escaped the snow but are experiencing wicked 40 mph plus winds. Staying home today with a sore throat rather than sharing it with my co-workers.

Basking in my Eagles 10-6 win over the Cowboys . Marj is a little grumpy about that . Told her next time Romo needs to keep the gf away from the game. Last year it was Carrie Underwood and this year Jessica Simpson; lost both times. Looked like he only had two things on his mind and neither one was football.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Crown Princess at Crown Bay St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 17th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Doug,

I was thinking the same thing about Romo and Jessica.

Was that not a great game?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old December 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Doug,

I was thinking the same thing about Romo and Jessica.

Was that not a great game?
Luanne- Any game in which we can rain on the Cowboys parade is a great game .

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning where it has finally stopped to snow. I have already been out and back. Last night picked up DS from work as he worked till after 11 PM, the driving was pretty easy, the streets were clear, but you must reduce speed as there was patches of ice. A friend in the next city in Pierrefonds said it was not done so well, but they are run by the "big city". I dont have much digging out to do as through out the storm we went out and did it every few inches, so I easily got out today. I must do it as it goes other wise my poor doggies would have a "relief problem", especially little Lillie, who's legs stand 4 inches tall! Also the snow removal came three times to clean the parking spaces yesterday and lots so it was fine, except for the people who didnt clean their car and move it when it was being done. They will be back today to do another cleaning. I also figured out in this type of storm to back into my space the other way, it helps alot as the snow accumulates on the passenger side versus driver side, so I can get in, start the car and warm it up and then clean the other side. DS learned in the last storm, it is far easier to dig out the patio and walkway several times then wait till the end. What is good about this snow is it is a very light fluffy snow, because had this been that heavey wet snow, it would be an absolute night mare.

I found myself when driving last night feeling like a kid again feeling the magic of the holidays, the Christmas lights were on, everything was so white and pretty, it was one of those moments that you feel alive. Of course it helped knowing I was on a cruise in a couple of weeks time and then headed to Mexico a few weeks later. Kind of has a way of beating the cold. I always do my south vacations in our winter....I dont care if its cheaper in the fall, I am going when it is cold! I wont go in spring or summer, as I love our spring to much.

Lots of paper work on the agenda today, I will be in front of the computer for sure. Also have to head out to best buy. They have a couple of things on sale there that I need for other people, they asked me to get it for them as they dont have this store near them.

So I wish every one a good day, Oh one funny thing, when I got in the car last night, on the way, there was playing two songs in particular "its beginning to look alot like Christmas" and also "I'm dreaming ofa white Christmas".
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates! It is quite chilly this am, below freezing, but it is due to get warmer. At least it is not blizzard conditions like the upper part of the continent. You all stay warm up there!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Hmmmmm....what to do with a Snow Day? Relax, read, and maybe do some more Christmas baking.
What should I do for dinner? Hmmm, B.B.Q. anyone?

donna
Old December 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Donna,

What in the world is that? Looks like a foot that needs lotion, with a very bad tattoo.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old December 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly Fl! We did barbequed yesterday on the grill outside

Donna I love snow! But not the shoveling. We are flying to Breckenridge 2 days after christmas to go snow tubing on Topper mountain. I can't wait!

I hope everyone is well. Have not been here in ages.

have a great day mates!
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're still only in the low 30s F in Calgary, but none of the snow the east and midwestern states have been getting.

A bit of running around to do today, but othewise another day of leisure for the unemployed moose.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Default Good Snowy Monday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Cold and sunny here. A beautiful sunset last night that turned the snow on Mt. Baldy pink. Much nicer to admire snow from a great distance than have to deal with it!

Doug, that St. Thoms picture looked MUCH more pleasant!
RD, you must wish you were in St, Thomas right now!

Keith says he feels well enough to go to the gym today. I did all the Christmas cards late yesterday afternoon. Postage costing what it does, I culled the list before I started.

Shopping and/or wrapping today. Have a good day and drive safely.

Judy
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Luanne, it's not a bad foot and tattoo, it's my backyard BBQ, covered in a black BBQ cover, buried under a few feet of snow! No BBQ for us tonight

donna
Old December 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny cool Florida. I've got the windows open and I'm enjoying the cool breeze.

RD, I sure hope you have a snow blower. We did that digging out for years until we finally bought one. It's still wasn't heaven, but it sure helped make the job easier. :-)

Take care everyone.

Phyll