Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Hello!

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is still DARK! I am NEVER up this early, but today is our big Christmas concert/dance show/party/breakfast thingy, and I have to be in early for all the hoopla.
I'll be glad when the day is over! This week has been terrible for parents being late to pick up their kids too; apparently Tues. when I was (fortunately) not there, a parent didn't show up till 7:30 pm, due to the heavy traffic, a casualty of Monday's snowstorm. Many streets are still not cleaned, and traffic has been a nightmare. I expect to be late for the next 2 days, until we close for the Holidays! And guess what? It's STILL snowing! Another 5-10 cms due today, and with temps at -9C, feeling like -18C.
January cruise, here I come!!

donna
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and those to follow. It's still snowing here also. I can't take it anymore. It's only December and there is so much snow everywhere. At least we'll have a white Christmas.

I go for the CT scan on my sinuses tonight. Hopefully, it will show why I have so many problems with them. As for my "not talking" due to my nodule on my voice box, it just isn't happening. When you've spent your whole life as a talking machine, you can't just stop talking. I have been trying to limit my voice usage but it's hard.

Donna--have fun at your Christmas concert/dance show/party/breakfast thingy. post pictures if possible.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

goodMorning all CM's

countdown to Christmas.
last minute gifts to get in the mail, have to wrap Earl's gifts.
Our Christmas is very light this year.Many expenses and problems.
I don't broadcast my problems here, to private.
I hope 2009 brings you all a better and brighter new year.
a trip to Europe is planned for us, and another cruise.
Carole
Old December 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Snow and grey skies here as well. We have already picked up several inches. I too have had enough. I have a feeling this will be a long hard winter for my mind to handle.

I have plenty to wade thru today - inside and out! My house looks like a cyclone has blown thru, I can't keep food in the house. I'm still not done those "dang" cards. Almost tho. I rounded up all those cards that come in the mail and you send a donation for to supplement the homemade ones. I made 45, but need over 100. I know I have another group of those cards here somewhere, but can't locate them. I am about 20 cards and two addresses shy if being done this task. Next year remind me in July to start these cards!

I had a great handle on the wrapping too, but all those "last-minute" gifts have piled up, and then my dog found a fabulous gift to give all his furry friends and relatives, so now I have about 15 more gifts too wrap. While the dog has excellant taste, and no regard for my wallet, he has refused to wrap. He is worse than the kids!

Off to work in a bit, then back home to work some more.

Carole, I'm sorry that 2007 was not a good year for you. I, too, hope that everything is resolved and that 2008 is a wonderful year for you and your family!

Trip - hoping today's the day. Today is one of my niece's Birthdays!
Donna - I remember working at school and not having parents show up. One night I was there until after 6 - parent went off shopping or something and forgot to make arrangements for her child. This child was too young to leave home alone, and none of his emergency contacts answered their phones.
Cheryl - wishing you well with your scan today.

Good Day All!
Old December 20th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Another busy day for me. I didn't get near enough accomplished yesterday. There was one item I was looking for, that I never found. I finally had to order it online and pay extra postage to get it here. Maybe I procrastinated too long?

Today I will make another trip to my favorite area for shopping, about 15 miles from where I live. One good thing, shopping close to the holidays keeps me in the holiday spirit! I should be full of it!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Admiral

A calm day, but I worrt for the weekend where the forcast well above zero, rain, and then Monday below zero, ice scares me far more than snow. Was to go to CDN today in Montreal, but I cannot as they still have not cleaned away there. Its getting ridiculous. Meanwhile my roads are all done and snow carted off, and the burrogh next to me that is done by Montreal is still doing that..........and they wonder why citizens get so upset at tax time?
Company dropped in from Vermont yesterday and they are due here at 10Am for breakfrast which will be nice!

I got on the scale finally today, I have been on ALOT of prednisone this fall and it has me quite discouraged, but over the last two months I am just making sure I dont give in to cravings and that I walk as much as I can, whereever I can and I have lost ten pounds over the last two months and am getting back to what is my normal. I am always on prednisone but the doses have been high and my weight unacceptable . It feels better.
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Hello

Good morning from Southern California. Cold, dreary, and cranky looking sky here.

Keith finished his Christmas shopping yesterday but hasn't wrapped any of it. I have finally discovered, as have so many others, that If the Good Lord allows me to have another Christmas, everything is going to be wrapped by the stores or put in gift bags. No more struggles with paper, ribbons tape, and finding a proper sized box! I used to think it was fun, but no more!

My bod can't decide whether to get over this bug or not. And speaking of gifts, I need to make a trek to Pasadena today.

Stay well and drive carefully, people.

Judy
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from sunny Texas where it will be in the 70's today.

I have a lot going on right now, so if you have an extra place in your prayers, could you please add us.

Thank you, and everyone be safe.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Admiral

I have to echo Luanne. It is Springtime here again this year. It is supposed to be cold for Christmas though. I hope so.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from cloudy Florida. No complaints though.

Cheryl, I hope you get some answers today. Good luck with the voice problems and trying not to talk.

Carole, you and Earl take care too. I hope things turn around for you in the coming year.

Delft, I need to get me a walking buddy. I am so lazy when it comes to that. I admire your determination to take control of the situation.

Luanne, and Michael prayers going out for both of you too.

If you click on this link you should be able to watch a very inspiring video if you would like to.

http://www.ksbj.org/eblogs/morningShow/?p=113

Phyll