Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Friday Morn!

Hi Kids,
I walked into the computer room, and saw the branch of the pine tree outside, almost in my face..It is so laden with snow I could almost touch it now! I say, "enough is enough!"

I have to go out and get the snow off my car and do a few errands,and them I am DONE! So that's my day, Hows yours?

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's my last day of work until the 2nd of January, and we are getting ready for our holiday feast at work. Deep fried turkey with all the trimmings. Good thing I wore my expandable jeans to work today.

DW and I went out for dinner last night, and afterwards, we went to a clothing store so she could find something to wear for midnight Mass. She picked out two sweaters, one to wear, and one for me to wrap up to put under the tree. Well, one sweater doesn't fit, so we have to make our first return of the season already.

Tomorrow, I have to sing at a funeral, decorate the Christmas trees at Church, and then go to Mass at 5:00. I think I might as well pitch a tent!

Our last home football game of the year is Sunday, and it looks like it's going to rain with 20mph winds. What a lovely day it's going to be.

If I don't get on the 'puter before then, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 21st, 2007, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Trip, and those to follow!

Linda, do we have Pink, yet? Better keep that car ready to roll!

DH has a doctor appt in Houston today, so that is the direction we are heading. I have one gift to return today -- oops, I bought the wrong one! Other than that, paper, tape, and ribbon and bows will be flying, as I wrap up my holiday gifts!

Make it a good one, and all my Northern friends stay warm or come South!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is is dull, but slightly warmer, and not snowing at the moment.
Yesterday's party was a big success, the cleanup was unbelievable, and the staff is exhausted. We just have to get through today, then off for a long Holiday!

Last night I decided to go see the "Christmas Light House" which is situated about 40 mins. outside of Montreal. I brought my son, his gf and her 90 yr old great-grandfather who is visiting from out-of-town. Naturally, even with directions, we got lost, and by the time I found the place, it was after 9 pm and they had shut off for the night!! What a disappointment. The old man was very gracious, telling me that he enjoyed the drive anyway!
I hope to try again this weekend, now that I know how to find it!

Trip, hope you'll be seeing Pink soon!

donna
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The snow has stopped, but it is dark and grey with no sun in the forecast.
Son is getting ready to head to the Mountain for a day of downhill skiing with friends. Yesterday he hit the local nordic trails.

Daughter is off to work. Me too, plus try to round up all those gift certificates I have put off buying until the very last minute. Why do I do this?

Last card goes in the Mail Today! I forgot the name of the youngest son of one of my friends and couldn't mail the card until another friend emailed me with the information

Dh just got home from work. He has lots of hours left that have to be taken before the end of the year. We are going to try and meet for lunch as we both have lots of running around to do. Hopefully it works out.

Tonight is the Christmas play at church. One of the kids from our church had directed the whole thing - thru sets, lines, choreography, light design, sound design, lines and costumes/props. He is only 14 and in 8th grade - to say he is quite talented is an understatement. He is always on the stage for local productions. In fact he is directing a school musical for the Spring which will he has a full orchestra coming in for. It helps that he is from a very weathly family, that can help finance all his endeavors.
DH has to do the video of the play tonight.

My daughter's friends grandmother shot herself this week so that has brought on a lot of sadness. She is also the sister in law of our close friends from church. No one knows what brought this on. We will get flowers ordered today, the woman's nephew is the priest that will do the service. It is so hard to know what to say to our friends...

The elderly neighbor that our daughter pays weekly visits to also just died of throat cancer, two days before our daughter got home from school. She is broken up she wasn't able to say good bye in person. Thankfully she mailed her something in early December so there is some comfort in that. Last year dd friend was killed in a skiing accident on Christmas Eve.
She is starting to get depressed at the Holidays now.

Hope that baby comes soon - Trip!

Hope you all have a peace-filled day.
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone, it's a gray day in Connecticut, but my spirits are quite bright. Yesterday was my last workday untill jan 7th. I wish you all a great and a very happy holiday season.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 21st, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it will be a hot 78 today. The sun is already shinning, and the wind is calm.

Boy what a mess we had for ourselves yesterday. One of my sons pulled a prank on one of his friends after work. It was caught on the security tapes at work, and they turned it into the police. He spent the morning at the station giving his statement, and then called me. I don't do police stations, because we have never had the need, so I call hubby.

Thank goodness no one was hurt, and no charges were brought against him. He did learn a valuable lesson, and I lost about ten years on my life expectancy.

I have an old fashion sinus infection. I spent most of yesterday either in the bed or on the couch. Last night I changed into a new nightgown to get get ready for bed. That is so not like me, but yesterday I did not feel like doing anything else.

Hope all of you are well. Trip, I did not know we were expecting. I hope all goes well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Morning all fom a dreary overcast Tidewater Va. Where the temps are in the 40's

Yesterday was my last day of work till the 27th so I am off to "finish" my shopping this afternoon. Then it's gonna be an olympic feat to get it all wrapped. Yikes !!

We are getting company for overnight tonight so don't know when I'll have a chance to get it all done. Hopefully Sunday while DH watches football.

Hope ya'll have a great TGIF,,,I'm off to fight the crowd,,,, :evil:

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Nikki just dropped off Aiden,and she says GRRRRR..babies have a mind of their own, and her "almost" the other night , turned into, I fooled ya Mommy! So we all wait....:):)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 21st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A BRRR in the air in Calgary, as temps dropped to single diget in Calgary.

Kuki Jr is done his exams, and will be bussing it down to Calgary, and I have to pick up about 1:30. Think there's going to be some excitement in town this evening
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Morn!

A late good morning from Southern California where we have begun the drying out process after yesterday's rain.

Keith is at the gym and I will have lunch with an old friend, then have a manicure.

Have a happy day, people.

Judy
Old December 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Afternoon!

OK, I couldn't get on the computer until I finished my wrapping. It's all done!!! Now I have to finish laundry, pack for the six of us, go to the Post Office and have our mail held, get dinner and go pick-up DH from the airport. Then it's off to Ohio in the morning for a week. I'd much rather just go to bed!!!

Happy Holidays to all. Be safe!

Terri