Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Default First cruise and have some questions

so im going on my frist cruise and have some major questions im leaving on new years eve and am wondering what are some things that go on that night also im 17 and my sister is 19 we dont really wanna have to separate at night when we want to go to the clubs im goin on the carnival insparation and was wondering is there any way i can get in to the 18 and older club do they have writ bands or do they check id's some one could let me know that would be awsome also if you have any other tips for me on what i should do or expect. also i was reading on another on about getting a parent to sign a sheet to get in is that true please let me know if anyone knows thankz
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Hi Carlyjo,
I don't know the answer to your question. However, there is a teen part to this website. If you post it there the teens maybe have cruised this line and can give you some good advice. Here is the link http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/vie...afc25b99c7b6e3 I hope that helps you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Admiral

I think after 10 PM-the lounges like the disco, piano bar etc. you have to be 18 or older unless you are with a guardian. (your parents-sis will not count unless she is over 25)

This was not a problem for our daughter as she was with us-she being an only child. But she hated that "between age" when she was too old for the teen club but not old enough for the adult lounges- but as that was only one year a nd two cruises-she survived.

Remember though you can still have lots of fun. Just not after 10 PM without your parents.

I know that sounds hard and unfair-but you can blame unruly teens in the past for that rule.
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

To be honest, for New Year's Eve, the entire ship's a party... so it's quite likley you wouldn't be bothered about being together, UNLESS you got out of hand drunk and POINTED yourself out, in the bars and lounges.

However, the rest of the cruise, if you look young, you could be asked for ID and asked to leave the disco.

The 17 age range is a bit awkward. I remember when my boys cruised with at that age. But once they tagged up with a couple of boys, they made their own good time.