Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Wednesday!!!

Good Morning all and a good Boxing Day to our Canadian and British friends!!!!! Went to work today mainly because I get more stuff done and can start the new year with a clean file box and major projects done. It will be quiet as I may be the only living human on my floor, I think the new hires will join me as they have not accrued much vacation time.

Marj and I had a good Christmas, hosting both of our families on Christmas Eve and going to her daughter Marla's for Christmas. Santa was good to both of us. I now have two new favorite Christmas Songs:

"All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan" by Kenny Chesney
"I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas" by Sugarland

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Tortola, BVI

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'm also off to work this morning.
That's ok though as I really feel shopped out and just don't have it in me to go bargain hunting today. Hoping for a quiet day at work.
Angela Z.
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM
First Mate

Happy day after Christmas ans Boxing Day. Christmas was good at our house, santa left everything we wanted and then some.

Have a great day

Carnival Miracle
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Back to work after a wonderful holiday.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Even with my voice box issue, I was still able to sing at church Christmas Eve. My voice was completely gone for about an hour or so after, but I was so moved and filled with the holiday spirit, it was worth it.

Christmas Eve with the inlaws was interesting as always. One sister-in-law thinks she's the queen bee and always manages to cause problems. This year was no exception except I was the target. I held my tongue since it wasn't the time or place.

Christmas Day was fantastic. Even though the kids are 23 and 21, they were still up at 7:00 am. Good thing I set the coffee the night before. Santa was very good to all of us. The kids were spoiled as usual, as were Tony and I.

Hoping today is a slow day at work since I am exhausted from the holiday.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is 28 this morning, but may warm up. Ds is headed to "the mountain" for a day of snowing with niece's husband and niece's bf. Boys Day. We girls will get together later to hang out.

Yesterday was long, but went fairly smoothly. I'm totally exhausted. I'm the only person I know that looses weight over the holidays. I'm a tad worried as surgery is less than 3 weeks away and I'm down to 105 - not sure they will do the surgery at this weight. Some how I've gotta beef up.

I'm still pretty much in a Christmas daze.

Hope everyone is well today - Donna are you feeling better? My cold has returned for the 4th time now since the end of October.

Doug - love the picture.
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning we're taking it easy getting ready for our cruise on friday. Been off from work since dec. 20 , so it's a nice break. Wishing everyone a good day and a happy new year.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's over, and we all had a nice holiday together...Fed, gifted, and waiting for the best gift of all..the Pink Princess!

The year has gone by so fast, and this time last year I was heading off for our pre cruise in Lauderdale, for the Century Cruise...even a year later, I am still saying, "last year at this time I was doing_____!"

So, last year a cruise, this year, a new baby!!! Yayayayayayay! I hope you all had the best day, now on to NY's Eve!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Admiral

The holidays were wonderful. I just cannot use any other words to describe it. I am, truly blessed. Today on my way to see my sister as it is her birthday!

It is abit gloomy out, not bad but kind of dull and grey.

Trip, will your granddaughter be sharing a birthday with her??

We were all spoiled, and I was no exception. It was a very blingy Christmas this year.............

No shopping for us, tomorrow I will go out and get some wrapping paper for next year and also my new oven element.......but that is about it. Boxing dale flyers didnt really look that great this year and a new study said Cnadians just are not willing to stand in lines or fight crowds the same way they have in the past. That was a survey and it was a second year that it showed a trend on staying away. It was more so this year than last year, a survey was on peoples intentions.

Bye for now!
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is cool and a little rainy, but looking like it is clearing up.

We had a very good Christmas with our little family all together. I am on day 6 of my sinus infection, and not looking much better. Yesterday finally took a stronger drug, and boy was I not feeling any pain. As a matter of fact, I couldn't feel anything.

Today I have to clean. I could make lists on all the furniture, it's so bad.

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas

Stay safe

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 26th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Had a great Christmas with my (not-so-little) family here also. My wife LOVED the cruise I surprised her with for one of her presents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Today I have to clean. I could make lists on all the furniture, it's so bad.
Yep, sadly the wife's off to work and I get to put the house back together today Oh well, I'm listening to "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan" and cleaning away ...
8)
Old December 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning "Mates" from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida. Yes, we too survived another "inlaw visit" on Christmas day. Actually, we had a good time, and enjoyed their visit.
For Christmas, I received a new 80g/b ipod, loaded with Sinatra, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Jack Jones, Mel Torme, quite a bit of my favorite Country music, as well as Opera, John Phillip Sousa, and all my other favorites! All GREAT stuff. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) wanted a new watch, so that's exactly what she got. All in all, we had a great day.
I hope all of you had as good a day as well, and will have a fantastic New Year, loaded with Perfect Cruises!

We hope to see y'all aboard,

Ken
Old December 26th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Seems like we have a new poster Houston Todd.. WELCOME Todd!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 26th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I hope everyone had a glorious Christmas. As usual, I am still trying to recover from Midnight Mass. I tend to strain my vocal cords when I sing too much, and this year was not an exception. A cold has been running around, so I hope I don't catch that.

Other than the sore throat, the only problem we had was with our garage door opener. It went haywire as we were trying to leave for our family get-together on Christmas eve. You don't realize how much of a luxury it is until it doesn't work. We are planning to go car shopping today, but if we have enough time later on, I'll try to get a new one installed. Otherwise, tomorrow's the day. Good thing I have this week off!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 26th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

We, too, had a great Christmas! Spent the day with family. Yep, a little bling found its way under my tree this year. I'm so glad that today can be spent doing a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g I w-a-n-t! The days leading up to Christmas get to hectic, this feels pretty good!

HoustonTodd, I would have loved a future cruise! You are a very good shopper! And Welcome to the Good Morning Thread! I'm just a little south of you, in Alvin. I was born and raised in Houston!

Luanne, I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good late morning All, as I slept in! Still battling this miserable cold, but at least I have a voice; my sister is going on 2 weeks with laryngitis, she sure sounded funny yesterday!
We had a nice Christmas, lots of nice gifts, and family all together. My daughter was brought to tears when she opened the brand-new laptop we gave her!
My sister made a wonderful turkey dinner and a special Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream pie for dessert. Trouble was, I couldn't taste a thing with this cold!

Today is Boxing Day here and I plan to avoid the craziness. I do not need anything that much, to have to stand in line at 6 a.m. no matter what kind of bargain it is! My poor daughter had to work at 7 a.m. this morning to get her store prepped for the Big Sale!

I'm going to have to check out this song "All I want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan". Haven't heard that yet, but sounds good to me!

Welcome to Houston Todd!

donna
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Busy Busy Busy! Yesterday Kuki Jr., his new fiance, and her family (father, mother, two sisters, and two dogs) came by.

There's a huge off leash area directly across from our house, wo we took Sammy and the gang of us went walking in temps just below 30. Came back to our place for hot chocolates, and had a nice afternoon until eveyone needed a nap.

Last night "the group" reunited at future in laws home, and started tossing out, and discussing wedding ideas and dates for Kuki Jr and fiance. Saw some looks of panic in the kid's faces
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning all from a very rainy and chilly Tidewater of Va.

We had a great x-mas & dinner here last night. DD and family as well as my bro & family and bro in law & ladyfriend. So we had a full house.

We went fishing all day on Christmas eve,,,and caught 4 big rock fish. We usta go on Christmas but since I was doing the dinner,,,not enough time. The guys wanted me to fix the fish for x-mas.

Welcome to Houston Todd,,,great to "see" a new face.

Speaking of new faces,,,Trip what's going on up that way???? I think you need to get her out walking or something.

Hope everyone has a great day,,,and those of you with colds get better.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from sunny Florida.

We had a nice quiet Christmas around here. Enjoyed a prime rib feast with my brother and his family yesterday.

Nice to see everyone around here this morning. Doug, I love your photo for the day. I got a kick out of your Christmas presents. :-)

Welcome to the group Houston Todd.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ok, I'm new to the board here, how do you guys get those cool count-down signatures for your next cruise?
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTodd
Ok, I'm new to the board here, how do you guys get those cool count-down signatures for your next cruise?
Here is a link to the thread for the CruiseMates countdown clock.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=542173

When you go to your profile, add this information in your signature box. Hope this helps!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Houston Todd, welcome to the board!
If you go to the top of this page and click on "Help" you will see the directions on how to post a countdown clock. Good luck!

donna
Old December 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Wednesday

A late good morning from Southern California.

Doug, "I love that picture!
Ken, my iPod is loaded with some of the same music.
Donna, two weeks of no voice? Wow!
Jen, feel better, and start packin' on those calories!
Todd, welcome to the group!

No bling here but I did get a Canon Power Shot. That will come in handy for the Solstice cruise, or the Let's Get Lei'd cruise . . . Cameras today are amazing. We, too, had a good Christmas and ate enough for at least two people, anyway!

Well, as Keith said, "today's the day everybody goes back to the store." So it's back to the gym for him and cleaning up the house for me. I'm still hoping to go out for lunch, tho'.

Judy
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone.

I haven't been online too much since we returned from our South American adventure. I had a pacemaker implanted last Tuesday and it was a bit more "involved" than was anticipated. I spent a couple of extra days in the hospital but now things are doing better.

It was a great Christmas with the family and I must admit I cooked up a pretty good sirloin tip roast. (huge) Not bad for a one armed chef.

I see everyone is doing well and am glad to read this. A belated "Merry Christmas" to everyone and a "Happy New Year."

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me