Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning!!

Good morning Cruisemates friends! Houston has 34F thus far and it will be warming up today. It is supposed to get 10 degrees above normal today and tomorrow then the temps will lower into the 20's by Wednesday. A couple of more weeks and I'll be crusing again!

Have a glorious day friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:18 AM
First Mate

Good Morning everyone. Not bad here in Kentucky this morning, but New Year's night it is supposed to get down into the mid teens.

Mehawk, just keep thinking about lounging on the conquest deck when those colder temps hit your area.

Have a great Sunday Cruisemates!

Dewayne

Free Cruise Clocks
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is a beautiful sunny day.

Jim and I are in the process of packing for our trip. We will leave here in a couple of hours, traveling down I-35 south. Jim has several gift cards for Cabela's, so that will be our first stop. We should get to the motel by 4:00.

Our plans for tonight are as follows......... Football and room service!! "But Luanne you could do that at home" Yes we could but not without kids and phones and having to dress, and without me having to clean something, or wash something during commercials.

Tomorrow is when we have real plans.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Captain

Good Morning Everyone
Another day of rain here, over 2 inches this weekend. We went from draught to wring us out someone. Its OK, we need the rain.

I made my hotel reservations last night, so everything is dome for our Cruise with our boys, just 77 days to go.

The best thing about today is it is Sunday, my wife left for church about 10 minutes ago (she has to run the store before Mass). Of course I will run it after the 11:00 AM Mass.

Has anyone every played Banco, it is a card game (I Think). Tomorrow a bunch of us are getting together to play, should be fun.

Luanne, you and Jim be careful and have a great time. That gos for all of you out there in Cruising Land.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather in Calgary hasn't changed much since we got home 3 weeks ago; still hovering in the 20s and 30s F.

Very little on the agenda today. Have to save up energy, since instead of staying home like usual for New Year's Eve, we're going out with son, fiance, our family, and her family, and my visiting niece and nephew.... to another nephew's new restaurant.

This means I may have to actually stay awake to welcome in the New Year.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Bright, sunny, and chilly here in La La Land.

No big plans for us, either . . . the usual Sunday stuff . . . breakfast, paper, crossword, lunch out someplace.

Enjoy your day, CM's, and stay safe.

Judy
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Beginner

Do you know if Blood Power is still on the Conquest. We cruise on 01/27/08 just after you!
Old December 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon All,

The sun was out for a bit today and I stood in my kitchen and felt its warmth streaming thru the window of the door. In about 5 months it might be warm enough to sit outside and enjoy it!

How I long to have a sunny vacation....perhaps somehow something will work out.

We overslept and had to really scramble to all get to Church on time.
The game and the afterglow kept us up way too late. The house was full of boys and fun. Of course they thought my dd should wait on them, which she did. How I hate the thought of everyone leaving in just a few days.

Kuki - your New Year's Eve plans sound found - surrounded by loved ones. I'm sure with all the fun you will be having it will be no problem staying awake!

Luanne - I totally understand.... I always feel like I'm multitasking when I'm at home. Switching laundry during commercials, folding laundry, putting it away during commercials - of course it always takes longer than a commercial. Loading the dishwasher, unloading it...walking the dog. Paying one bill, then another and another. it is endless. There are days when I too would pay to just escape to even a local motel and just relish in the thought of "nothing to do".

Not much going on here. My dd's Godson just came - he is 3 and they exchanged Christmas gifts, hugged, took picutes, all that sweet stuff. Another family friend will be stopping by shortly. DH and ds are out in the garage working on the kids Saab - which my husband says needs a part that will run us close to $200 bucks. They will need to have it ordered, back and the car on the road for Friday. What ever it is stopped working correctly late yesterday. Wish it could have broken when they first got home, or better yet, not at all!

Hope everyone is having a delightful day!
Old December 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

We've had a nice day visiting with my sister. She arrived last night and will be here for a month. Getting close to our cruise date. YIPEEEE. The weather report sounds like it may be pretty cool on Coco Cay, but we'll have a good time anyway. (hope we don't need long johns instead of swim suits)

Phyll
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Everyone

I'm in the UK near to Bath and about 10mins from Prince Charles home in Tetbury, here in South West England.

Today weather has been clear blue skies, cool with frost in the mornings.
it has been dark and gloomy in previous few days.

4 months for me until I cruise on P&O Arcadia from Southampton on a 'Voyage to Venice' for 16 nights. This will be my 3rd long cruise on Arcadia since May 06. So far have cruised the Med visiting Rome, Florence, Pisa, Barcelona, Cannes etc... and the Canaries and Maderia.

Happy New Year to all,

Sue - Libralass
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mehawk

My best friend has moved from here to San Antonio last year, so good to here about your weather out there in Texas.

Sue