Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Cruise day.

It's Saturday and the day we leave. We enjoyed New York Yesterday and in a few hours will be on the ship. For the first tme we went a day early. We always watch the weather reports before we go any where, and it showed snow all the time, so we thought we will leave a day early and be safe. It snowed aot on the way, but it is now beautiful. It will be 46 and sunny today in New York. The drive down was lovely and we had a good time.

And soon we leave on GEM and a New Adventure and I am looking forward to it. We had a fun dinner last night and it is nice to be with so many loved ones. As one friend said "it's not that we are going on the cruise, its who we are all going with". So True.

Have a good weekend every one.
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Happy Sails Delft...wish I were on a ship to just about anywhere...

It has warmed up to 16, with the promise of doubling that number a bit later.

Off soon to lead the last class of this Bible Study. While I'm recuperating I am hoping to start compling notes and information to start the next study with my friend in mid-March. Another friend wants me to do another with another friend, so I may have to do a double preparation, as they have different needs, so I can't do the same one with both.

My kids left yesterday, and I'm having a very hard time this time. I guess because it feels different. This summer they won't be home at the same time, then with dd graduating and no longer a student, her times home will be shorter and probably other than holidays not the same as her brothers. It just seems very hard to think about how different it will be. We had lots of errands to do, the last thing was picking out new fish for our aquarium - the last fish lasted almost two years - neons. Now I have some new friends for company. We got two cherry barbs, two black mollies and a catfish. They are a lively crew and all get along well.

I'm also feeling quite sad for our neighbors, their wonderful dog is dying. I had to take care of him for a bit yesterday afternoon, it was most sad. They had National Guard duty this weekend, so another neighbor and I take care of the dog while they are gone. We are hoping the dog makes it til they get back. I don't think he will last the week. His big sad eyes broke my heart. I will miss him so. I don't really know what is wrong with him, when my neighbor tried to speak he could only cry so I know it is incurable.

This afternoon will be spent working on all the IRS receipts for donations that I need to get to all the church contributors. I need to get them all done today. Yikes. If I finish dh and I will go see National Treasure 2, just because I need to get my mind off missing the kids, being upset about the dog, and the way my sister has been treating my mother - so I feel caught in the middle, and this upcoming surgery. It is overwhelming, to say the least.

I truly hope everyone has a joy-filled day!
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am off to work shortly...I hope it is somewhat busy, and hope people have some $$ left to spend!!

Delf, enjoy that sexy "it girl ship!" I want a blow by blow when you come back!

Phyl too, have a great cruise with Wendy!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
First Mate

So glad someone is on a cruise, Delft....... wish it were me. It actually got warmer through the night here..... 60'sF this weekend with possible showers and then thunderstorms on Monday. I'm having a little exploratory proceure on Mon., as my last PAP smear was "iffy"..... whatever that means!

I know how Mike feels...... there is always SOMETHING!
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is -3 with LOTS of snow! I am glad to be home, but I would much rather be leaving on a cruise like Delft and Phyll!
Actually, 3 weeks from today I will be!

Not much new here, spent last evening catching up on the boards and a pile of e-mail. Later today we will finally have our "Christmas visit" from granddaughter, so that will be nice. She wants us to go tobogganing with her!

Jen, you sound like you are having a rough time. Thinking of you, and wishing you the best for your surgery next week...

donna
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have a great time Delft! It must be great to be so close to all the fun. While you are having fun in the sun anytime now I'll be stuck at work in just a couple of hours here. Luckily the whether is pretty nice this morning here in Houston.

Good morning everyone else! Hope things are well with everybody!

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Old January 5th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Cruise Day

Good morning from a drenched Southern California. Mother Nature has a bladder problem (frrequent go). Somebody call the pharmacist!

As I type, I am listening to a brewing cat fight. They sound like a couple of drunken sailors. Last night, they were taunting each other even in the pouring rain.

Delft, gosh, I wish it were cruise day for me. Have a good time on the Gem.
RD, please tell us about your adventures.
VtJen, take care.

Nothing much doing here. It's a stay-in-your pj's-and-bake-cookies kind of day, but I know I won't do that. I am still coughing and keeping us both awake, but I still plan to get some laundry done.

Have a good day, all, and drive safely.

Judy
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Good morning!

Delft, Bon Voyage! Have a wonder cruise!
Same goes for Phyll, Bon Voyage!

Today will be filled with a list of Honey-Do's" for DH. He is so excited! Maybe not. One of the items on the list is to get the suitcases out for me! Need to think about packing!

Jen, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Sounds like you need a hug. Sending one your way!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A heat wave hits Calgary, with temps heading to the low 40s F

Mrs. Kuki managed to stay in bed for an entire night, so I caught up on some on much needed sleep. (she's fine except for the knob on her forhead, but we did discover the dented drywall in the bathroom yesterday).

Appears we'll be without a vehicle today. Oldest Kuki Jr had borrowed Mrs. Kuki's Jeep Thurs. to head to the mountains snowboarding with some law school buddies for a couple of days. Today the other Kuki Jr. is taking my car to go snowboarding just outside the city. So, looks like we'll be staying in. It's ok, it'll give Mrs. Kuki a chance to fix the dent in the wall
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Looking forward to being at sea again in a couple of weeks. Another slow day in a long stretch of them.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Have a great cruise Delft! I'd sure rather be on a cruise than heading for the operating room on Monday! ! Gem is a sister to the Pearl, our cruise which was so unceremoniously cancelled! Let us know what you think of her.

Jen, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I hope you allow yourself to slow down and concentrate on just you and your needs when you come home from the hospital. You're always so wrapped up in doing for others. Don't forget to be good to yourself. ((((HUGS))))