Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Admiral

I'm hoooooome!

Don and our friend found the electrical problem. There were 2 wires that were completely broken and another one that was loose. That is were the arcing was. All is good again. That is the advantage to marrying a man a lot of mechanical know-how! When I heard the noise, I was right next to the door. I was ready to grab a beer and watch it burn, had there been flames! Nothing like a large bonfire, huh?

Will, you are a good man, helping your kids get their education. It is sure hard when it is happening, but it pays real high dividends! At least you know it won't last forever -- even though I'm sure it feels like forever.

Hey, has anyone heard about the Rockets? I know I'm not a true fan, because I don't watch all the time, but hey, the bandwagon is coming by! Let me jump on!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone - including Will ;

Darlene that does sound scary--- would you have poured your beer on the fire or drank the beer

Dina: I think we had more fun waiting on the "girls" down at the gangplank than we did with the girls LMAO.

okay Rescue - all of us are about to kick your BASS as you said you had a good story and you didn't share.....

ugggghhh Monday, but it's an Irish Monday
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Quickie Pop-in

Hey Martha,was that Kick PoolBoy's Bass

or "KISS" his Bass

Hi Ladies talk to you later
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Quickie Pop-in

Hey Martha,was that Kick PoolBoy's Bass

or "KISS" his Bass

Hi Ladies talk to you later
Kick Will it was Kick; he says he has a great story and doesn't deliver..

so where's the Irish today? hmmm, I don't think any of the HIH are Irish
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Well you know I'm not Irish but I dressed the part anyway today. HAHAHA

I don't know if I'll be going out tonight. I don't like the whole cop issue. Go figure.. hahaha

Good morning to all of you.

Darlene - WOW!! Good thing you caught that and it was fairly easy to fix.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

We are all just a wee bit Irish today!

Martha, the beer was definitely to DRINK! That is how I have handled mechanical/electrical problems, for years. When I was younger, if my car broke down on me, I would look around for the closest place to buy a 6-pack, sit back, and wait on help! I had to do that several times!

What is up with Rescue? He used to take time to visit with us, when he was at the station! Did they take away his computer? He is truly neglecting us!

Dina, I agree about the "cop issue." In my old age, I have figured out that the price is just tooooo high!

So everyone get the green dye and have a beer at home! Happy St. Pat's Day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Top o' the mornin' to ya!

We are all just a wee bit Irish today!

Martha, the beer was definitely to DRINK! That is how I have handled mechanical/electrical problems, for years. When I was younger, if my car broke down on me, I would look around for the closest place to buy a 6-pack, sit back, and wait on help! I had to do that several times!
What is up with Rescue? He used to take time to visit with us, when he was at the station! Did they take away his computer? He is truly neglecting us!

Dina, I agree about the "cop issue." In my old age, I have figured out that the price is just tooooo high!

So everyone get the green dye and have a beer at home! Happy St. Pat's Day!
Darlene you crack me up!

Dina, I thought you liked men in uniform -or was that Kruz -or was that both of you

well I am the designated drunk, errr I mean driver. we have some friends in town - (long sad story but this is dual 3 year anniversay of the passing of Erik's mom and his brother).
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina

I don't know if I'll be going out tonight. I don't like the whole cop issue. Go figure.. hahaha

picture please!!! you set yourself up for it every time
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

greetings Will... good to see you did not blow away.

so no one took me up on my bet??? rescue would have made me a rich man!!! or was he busy in TX putting out ready's fire???
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Admiral

Hi Walter,how's it going?

Anyone playing on the puter tonight?

Gooooooooooooood Eveninnnnnnnnnnnnnnng HIH
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Admiral

goood morning everyone; feeling like carp today; the pollen & mold count is pretty darn high and it has got to me; guess I need to move up north where you don't have to worry about that... anyone have room for me.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone, except for dina and bj who i am no longer talking to because there are still no pictures in my e-mail!!! and if i was talking to bj i would hope she feels better, and i would ask dina the date for her cruise, so i get to save the extra typing

Will things go well here, of course all would be better if there were pics in my e-mail!!!

ready... werent you the one who had a thing for hand cuffs???
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
Quote:

picture please!!! you set yourself up for it every time
hehehe This time I did not take a picture. I did wear the long plaid skirt and "Kiss me I'm Irish" necklace. HAHAHA

Old March 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
goood morning everyone; feeling like carp today; the pollen & mold count is pretty darn high and it has got to me; guess I need to move up north where you don't have to worry about that... anyone have room for me.

Marty - I would take you in but we have that problem up here as well.

Old March 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone, except for dina and bj who i am no longer talking to because there are still no pictures in my e-mail!!! and if i was talking to bj i would hope she feels better, and i would ask dina the date for her cruise, so i get to save the extra typing

Will things go well here, of course all would be better if there were pics in my e-mail!!!

My next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 7th. Its an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise. I'll fly in the day before and fly back the day after. kruz aka Karen and I are splitting the cost of a balcony cabin. Marty and Erik will be joining us. There's the plan in a nutshell.

Old March 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Oooooooo, Daddy!

What makes you think I have a "thing" for hand cuffs?

I have been in "income tax h*ll !" I put it off as long as I could. This is the first year to have rental property, and we put a lot of money into repairs, before renting. I had to sort through all the receipts and decide what was maintenance, repairs, supplies, etc. I think I'm going cross-eyed!
Mariner of the Seas

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

Oooooooo, Daddy!

I have been in "income tax h*ll !" I put it off as long as I could. This is the first year to have rental property, and we put a lot of money into repairs, before renting. I had to sort through all the receipts and decide what was maintenance, repairs, supplies, etc. I think I'm going cross-eyed!
I have one simple word of advice.... C.P.A. Get one.. worth every penny.

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Carolin, I have one, but I feel compelled to give it to her in "some semblance" of order. I also have to separate Mom's stuff from ours.

BUT! I think I have it done! If it were a prettier day, I would drink a Corona and celebrate! Weather is too yucky, though. I guess I'll just chill, instead. 8)
Mariner of the Seas

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Ahh.. Good job.. Yeah I can understand organizing it.. just don't pull your hair out doing it.

Bowling night for me. I might have a few beverages myself.

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
My next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 7th. Its an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise. I'll fly in the day before and fly back the day after. kruz aka Karen and I are splitting the cost of a balcony cabin. Marty and Erik will be joining us. There's the plan in a nutshell.
you know... i am pretty sure you pick your dates just so i cant go!!! i guess i am flattered that you take such effort to avoid me!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Oooooooo, Daddy!

oh i have a really good memory... i remember us talking about leather vs. feathers and handcuffs came up for BOTH you and dina!!! lets just say it a good thing that you did not send me to the archives the other day, you would have been in big trouble!!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
you know... i am pretty sure you pick your dates just so i cant go!!! i guess i am flattered that you take such effort to avoid me!!
Walter you doof.. hahaha We picked those dates because it was a lot cheaper then going in Feb/Mar when we thought about going. hahaha

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Oooooooo, Daddy!

oh i have a really good memory... i remember us talking about leather vs. feathers and handcuffs came up for BOTH you and dina!!! lets just say it a good thing that you did not send me to the archives the other day, you would have been in big trouble!!!
hahaha We're always in big trouble.

Old March 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Walter you doof.. hahaha We picked those dates because it was a lot cheaper then going in Feb/Mar when we thought about going. hahaha
oh i am sure thats the reason!!!! NOT!!!

yep i know, we are the ones who ALWAYS end up paying double :evil:

i might switch our aug cruise to rcl to save $25 pp but i seem to remember that the carnival rooms on the smaller ships are larger. just not sure if its on the 70-80 thousand ton ships or the 40 thousand class
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Granduer of the Seas was a small ship.. I've been on big ones as well. Honestly... It didn't make any difference to me the size of ship. I think I liked the smaller ship a bit better because it was definitely easier to find who you were looking for. But the larger ships had more bars.. as IF I needed another bar to go to. HAHAHAA

Old March 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Admiral

boy am curious to find out how you feel about the voyager class ships!!

we like the big ships... i like to have lots of space to explore but these are the boats we are talking about the Sovereign Of The Seas (73,192 ton) vs. Fascination (70,367 tons) i am pretty sure its the ships in the 40,00 ton range that had the smaller rooms, guess i will have to do some research
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Walter, you memory is waaaaay to good!

My philosophy has always been to just stay in trouble, don't have to worry about the travel time to "get" there!
Mariner of the Seas

Old March 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Admiral

which is why you guys pick cruises we cant go on!!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Admiral

hey all - you guys are too much fun; leathers & Feathers; where the heck was I when you all were discussing that.... if I had a choice it would be feathers heee heee

now Walter: we are very sorry we can't cruise in teh summer which is the only time you can cruise; & you know you guys really really really (I MEAN REALLY) need a break from winter, so certainly Sana would love to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in December.... call in sick (sick of winter)

but we did meant you half way: I do recall saying that we had to pick a longer cruise on a bigger boat; which we did!

READY2GONOW: my CPA loves me... he gets everything in Quickbooks and a folder with the couple of things I wasn't sure how to put in the general journal...
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
hey all - you guys are too much fun; leathers & Feathers; where the heck was I when you all were discussing that.... if I had a choice it would be feathers heee heee

now Walter: we are very sorry we can't cruise in teh summer which is the only time you can cruise; & you know you guys really really really (I MEAN REALLY) need a break from winter, so certainly Sana would love to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in December.... call in sick (sick of winter)

but we did meant you half way: I do recall saying that we had to pick a longer cruise on a bigger boat; which we did!

READY2GONOW: my CPA loves me... he gets everything in Quickbooks and a folder with the couple of things I wasn't sure how to put in the general journal...
i thought you read back before you moved in!!!

it was so nice of you guys to think of us... BUT the Miracle is a sprit class ship and at 88,000 is still below 100,000 mark we call big but being built by Aker should have azipod drives which should mean it will have a much smother ride that the rest of the carnival ships. of course all that is only a guess since i have yet to be on a sprit class. the point is IF YOU GUYS WERE REALLY MY FRIEND you would all just pay twice the price and cruise when we can!!! :evil: besides we moved down to a few ship sizes just to make it easy for you guys!!! you can fit a whole Holiday class ship in the size difference we moved down too
Closed Thread