Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Huh? in my pants

Must have been a lonely week here

Ladies if I wasn't a "gentleman"(stop laughing)

I would have a "great" comeback

Goooooooooooood Morninnnnnnnnnnnnnnng HIH

How is Everyone?

Chef James,I don't usually grill chicken breast(too dry),but I will
try your recipe today
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
This is the first time I have been on the Conquest. We had a trip planned on her in October of 2006 but, since I was laying around with a broken and back, that was out of the question. We were on the Carnival Freedom last time.
Good we can get a review from a newbie... especially since you have cruised the Fantasy class, which is hte only class I have been on; I am not so sure I would like the huge ships.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Huh? in my pants

Must have been a lonely week here

Ladies if I wasn't a "gentleman"(stop laughing)

I would have a "great" comeback

Goooooooooooood Morninnnnnnnnnnnnnnng HIH

How is Everyone?

Chef James,I don't usually grill chicken breast(too dry),but I will
try your recipe today
will I was obviously bored, slow week at work. you will have to learn to post your comebacks in HIH language

and good morning to you and everyone else....

woo hooo; the camping trip is back on for this weekend; working until noon and driving 1 minute to the campground LMAO. Got some sangria for the evening. I didn't have time to make the homemade kind as I didn't know the trip was on for sure until late yesterday.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Admiral

sooooooo!! you are the culprit
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Hey Dina playing on the puter today?

Love to play in.............pants

Where is everybody?
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Admiral

HAHAA Good morning HIH... I'm thinking I need to get out today for a little bit. I recovered quite nicely from my all day meeting yesterday by going out all night. HAHAHA I'm in training for the up coming cruise.

Michael - I've been on the larger ships and like them as well. I await your review and pictures. Now get packing..

Darlene - That goes for you as well. Start packing!!

Will I'm playing a little bit on the computer today. hehehe

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Goooood morning!

Sangria? That's what I call camping!

Well, here is the continuing saga of the cruise insurance. I called the company "one more time" just to be sure what is covered and what is an exclusion. I was told that if "death is imminent" it is an exclusion. Since Mom is on hospice, that would be the decision. I have decided to give up trying to find insurance. If an emergency comes up, Don and I will fly home and rest will finish out the cruise! That is my final decision!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Ladies, the Freedom IS a large class of ship... it is of the Conquest class and Carnival doesn't have any larger than that (not in my pants)...

I have been on the Holiday Class (in my pants and not in my pants).... and I have been on the Fantasy Class (in and ouot of my pants)...

I am considering two for later this year (in my pants)...

March 3 on the Ecstasy and November 20 on the same (in my pants)...

Summertime is so expensive now and the weather is so unpredictable (not in my pants)...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I answered one of Trips posts with this about tendering in the Caymans...

In addition, by using tenders, the economic intrastructure continues to grow as companies are used to ferry the passengers in and out.

So hard to resist adding (in my pants)... LMMBO

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Okay Dina where are you(outta my pants)
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Hey guys remember me?

Hey will, chicken breast grilled is to dry? Your grilling them too long. In and out of your pants huh? would those be square pants HAHAHAHA (old joke for any newbie lurker)

I know, I know, where have I been everyone asks. well if we could add 4 hrs to every day and 1 more day to the week that would suit me just fine! cause that would get to be my downtime. It has been nothing but work, kids and work for me. Only 11 years to go Trying to think of anything interesting in my life since my last post and I am drawing a blank. I don't have the exciting lives you guys have. But I do have a couple of things to look forward to which is skiing in Feb in NC and now booked a weekend trip to Myrtle beach in the end of March with my cousin the banker from NY and all his friends. There you go, Wall streets "top guns" and me, rescudad going golfing! Wanna feel instantly poor? hang out with these guys for a day. I have 2 choices. spend money I shouldn't spend and try and keep up with them or play the poor sap! I was already advised that between eating drinking and golf that their time is spent in ummmmm the local ummmmm Gentlemans clubs. Well, while they are handing out 20 bills like they are making a salad I will be handing out ones like there is a mouse trap in my pocket! wow! the girls will be all over me! My cuz already told me that a nights liquor bill for the gang (it's a yearly trip of 12 guys) easily can run over a grand! (bet carnival would love them ) Thank god this trip is only a day and a half! How much liquor can these guys drink? Ohh I skipped a part! I find out 12 guys are going and I am the 12th right, so I commit. My cuz tells me 4 guys to a suite for $800. I am like ok cool, Myrtle beach, one of the great golf destinations, $200 is worth it, book it! Come to find out it $800 a man! What the hell did they book? the White House? so now I am stuck. Good thing I collect my $750 for 2nd place in our fantasy football league this weekend. I am sure I will have some good posts after this trip.
Other than almost contracting bacterial menengitis this week ( long story but took a patient to the hospital with 106 fever the other day and find out later the lady was diagnosed with it, the next night I come down with fever, luckily decided to wait 24hrs at a MD friends advice rather than going into the ER for a lovely spinal tap, the fever went away the next night ) My wekk has been pretty boring.
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Admiral

I personally want to thank all my HIH friends today for helping me root for the New York Giants to beat the all-hated Dallas Cowboys today. Your support is well appreciated by me and the Giants organization. You should feel proud to be an American today. Let's all do one big root for our team. "Lets go Gi-ants" boom boom boomboomboom "Let's go Gi-ants" That was so sweet of all of you, it almost brings me to tears when a group of people can get together and pull for the same thing to happen. God bless you, god bless America and god bless the New York Giants!
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Now Rescue, you KNOW that the Cowboys are going to win! Afterall, they are "America's Football Team!"
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

The Mighty PoolBoy appears

I'm grillin seafood today,but I tried Chef James recipe
yesterday,and they STILL!! came out dry

Goooooooooooooooood Morninnnnnnnnnnnnnnng HIH

How is Everyone?
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Admiral

good morning HIH

Go Colts
Go Giants

what's happening Will ?

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

How's it going Bobby?

I made my Walmart run early this morning..
ready for some grillin,and Football today
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
The Mighty PoolBoy appears

I'm grillin seafood today,but I tried Chef James recipe
yesterday,and they STILL!! came out dry

Goooooooooooooooood Morninnnnnnnnnnnnnnng HIH

How is Everyone?
Will,
Try soaking the chicken breasts in beer overnight and see if that helps.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Admiral

will do Chef James.....How's the Misses?
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
will do Chef James.....How's the Misses?
Will,
Joyce is getting better,the shots seem to have help.She goes to therapy 3 times a week.We are hoping she will be able to go back to her walking.She normally walks 3 to 5 miles a day.She misses be able to do that.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Hey James,buy a thread mill for her....they are great!
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Admiral

is she seeing a physical therapist?

if so check with the therapist before she
gets on a threadmill though

Hope(know) she will get better James
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
is she seeing a physical therapist?

if so check with the therapist before she
gets on a threadmill though

Hope(know) she will get better James
Will,
Yup, she is seeing a P.T.,they have her doing some stretch exricises,no walking any distance as yet
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Admiral

James if it is not too personal,what was her diagnosis?
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Will,
Joyce has bone spurs on both feet,they are located on her heels,and archs.They have medical terms but I can't pronouce them!
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Admiral

James, I hope that Joyce gets some relief soon. Bone spurs are so painful.

Hi, Lurker Will, Honey. Did your teams win today?

O.K. Rescue. I confess, I was rooting for the Giants. I just wanted to yank your chain, a little. 8) I haven't been a fan of the Cowboys in a very long time.

Marty, did you survive your "camping" weekend? I hope you had a good time.

How is everybody else?
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Admiral

James tell Joyce we hope she gets rid of those spurs soon; so she can put her other spurs back on to give ya a kick in the rump

Will: now who is soaking chicken breasts in beer that would make for a heck of a weekend

camping trip was fine; we all crashed before 11:00 pm which was a good thing as we were getting a bit loud and there is "quiet time" after 10:00 pm in the RV resort we camped at. so the hijinks were put on hold

Rescue rescue rescue (bet you never hear that) LMAO play the damn poor sap!!! (conveniently "forget" to pack your ATM, Credit Cards, cash, checkbook and lose your home number, bank acct numbers, etc so you can't get any wire transfers) either that or in your spare time, you could get another job

Darlene: you are in my thoughts - hang in there girl.

Bobby G - did you have a busy weekend

Dina: 45 days almost 44 days and I see you are starting trouble elsewhere you should send your tel number and flight schedule to my office email; just in case DTW gets tied up or something? I am trying to work a 1/2 day that day & invite the CHEF always need some good food to kick off a good party

Walter, Oh where are thou Walter: I hope you have either been busy remodeling or making some dough

Mehawk: Did you like the bigger ship vs the smaller ship? I haven't been antsy to get on the Freedom, just seems too big and everyone says it is fugly? Plus I am in still in the little ship, short cruise mode.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning!!!

i see everyone had a good weekend. and then decided to sleep in this morning!!

my current status: lurker
: keeping outta trouble
: working my Tail off
: paying most of our bills

so while discover is giving me 5% on travel, i took a few mins over the weekend to look for our next vacation/cruise... so far all i have seen are prices getting higher!! but since i am not about to give up on our vacation, and i am pretty sure the prices will keep going up... i guess i need to make plans pretty soon... any ideas???

hey dina... did i see a post about a new camera???

marty... how went the bikini shopping???

ready... put your crystal ball away, think positive and have a great cruise. things happen the way are going suppose to weather you worry about it or not!!! yeah i know, easy to say

James... we are lurking... and by the way, if i were you i would enjoy the fact that my better half could not get away!!! but we hope she recovers sooner rather than later!

rescue... $800 for people who live in FL is a 5 day cruise for two including drinks!!!

good to see you Will, Bobby

what did you guys do to the poor newbies???

hope you all have a great day
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
Good Morning!!!

i see everyone had a good weekend. and then decided to sleep in this morning!!

my current status: lurker
: keeping outta trouble
: working my Tail off
: paying most of our bills

so while discover is giving me 5% on travel, i took a few mins over the weekend to look for our next vacation/cruise... so far all i have seen are prices getting higher!! but since i am not about to give up on our vacation, and i am pretty sure the prices will keep going up... i guess i need to make plans pretty soon... any ideas???

hey dina... did i see a post about a new camera???

marty... how went the bikini shopping???

ready... put your crystal ball away, think positive and have a great cruise. things happen the way are going suppose to weather you worry about it or not!!! yeah i know, easy to say

James... we are lurking... and by the way, if i were you i would enjoy the fact that my better half could not get away!!! but we hope she recovers sooner rather than later!

rescue... $800 for people who live in FL is a 5 day cruise for two including drinks!!!

good to see you Will, Bobby

what did you guys do to the poor newbies???

hope you all have a great day
Walter,
In my own little way I'm enjoying Joyce not being able to move as fast,but darn she still packs a hard smack when I catch Her!

ready,
You and mehawk enjoy your cruises! Wish I was with you both!
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Admiral

good morning/afternoon everyone

walter: (d) all of the above and didn't get to go shopping; went "camping" with the girls, transalation we hung out at a camp ground in a motor home but hopefully will be shopping this weekend for camera and bathing suit.

ideas for your cruise? hmmmm you like the bigger ships, what big ship is out of the Jacksonville port, what ports are closest to you?
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Now Rescue, you KNOW that the Cowboys are going to win! Afterall, they are "America's Football Team!"
Now aren't YOU surprised?? Joe must be jumping for joy.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Closed Thread