Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH. I am going to attempt to get to Mt. Vernon today. Hopefully, the rain in the forecast will miss me. I wish I were cruising the Carribbean instead. A never ending cruise would be soooooooo fiiiiine.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH. I am going to attempt to get to Mt. Vernon today. Hopefully, the rain in the forecast will miss me. I wish I were cruising the Carribbean instead. A never ending cruise would be soooooooo fiiiiine.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Admiral

You mean I am the ONLY one who posted here today?? LMMBO! Where is everybody?

Old April 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

greetings Michael, hope the training goes well. i guess everyone decided to spend the weekend in bed
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Good grief, I'm tired! Friday, we went to Kemah and Don ate crawfish at Joe's Crab Shack and we drank beer. Saturday morning we rode our bikes to a local festival, and ate gumbo, and drank beer. Saturday afternoon we went to Seabrook to a "restaurant" (beer joint) on the water, and hung out and drank beer. Saturday night we went out to dinner with DS, DIL, and DIL, and drank beer. Sunday morning we went to church , went back to the "restaurant" (since we didn't get to stay and hear the music Saturday), and drank beer and listened to the music. We left there and went to a local winery, that had a band out by the vineyards, and we drank wine and listened to the music! I'm tired! Goodnight, friends!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Admiral

- I have this visual of Darlene with one of those beer hats on! LMAO....

sooooooooooooo where is everyone, I see that Mehawk had to play with himself yesterday, does that mean I have to play with myself today

walter: oh I wished I spent the day in the bed.... --- why is those cruise prices so high; does that include airfare
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Martha,
It does sound like ready is a beer drinker for sure!
I'll keep you company for a few minutes,it's the same o, same o around here.Up to our buns cleaning up.The woodchipper has gotten a work out so far this year.glad I made the purchase.

Walter,
Spend that money! Cruise,and more cruises!

dina,
How's it going?
Anymore pictures?
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
- I have this visual of Darlene with one of those beer hats on! LMAO....

sooooooooooooo where is everyone, I see that Mehawk had to play with himself yesterday, does that mean I have to play with myself today

walter: oh I wished I spent the day in the bed.... --- why is those cruise prices so high; does that include airfare
and why should today be any different than any other day?

Walter were those prices for a balcony?
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Admiral

rescue I am not talking to you so shudddup !!! lol; until you are ready to tell us the hard rock story - what the heck ---- we have waited and waited. - time to fess up

james, I misread your post and thought you said you were up to your buns in the wood chipper OUCH
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
rescue I am not talking to you so shudddup !!! lol; until you are ready to tell us the hard rock story - what the heck ---- we have waited and waited. - time to fess up

james, I misread your post and thought you said you were up to your buns in the wood chipper OUCH
Martha,
I don't have any buns to spare, so I'll stick to woodchipping!
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon HIH..

It s been a CARP day for me. Too many meetings.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Admiral

It wasn't a hard rock hotel story. It was the wedding we went to. It would be hard to tell the whole story on here as in order to give you the full flavor of this day which caused me to miss mardi gras at universal. So some parts I may have to email to you.

We went to the hard rock at universal for the weekend because we had to attend my stepdaughters wedding. Well the hard rock was unbelievable, didn't want to leave. The wedding was saturday 3pm. Now, we already know the guy she is marrying is a total redneck, a pickup truck driving, rebel flag on the back with gun racks inside, no job, pig hunting, nascar fan kind of guy..you get the picture. We have no idea why she is into him. She is an attractive girl who could have any guy, has her own real estate business going and doing ok. She is a hard worker always was the kind of girl who was very feminine, dressed up barbie doll kinda girl. For some reason around the time she was 15 she started hanging around redneckville which is one town north of us. She fell into the whole culture which drove her mother nuts. Anyhow it's her life right? so she now owns a 3 acre lot in orlando. hmmm not to bad right? well.....it's not really orlando, it's outside orlando in the sticks. Well since we are immediate family my wife decides we need to be dressed up. I was told that the reception would be on the property they are going to build a house on. So I am like "why do we need to be dressed up" I lost the arguement. We drive forever, the area is getting redeckier and redneckier by the moment so bad I think I passed REDZONE somewhere along the way. We come along the church. Well picture a little farmtown all wood church painted all white with 20 pews in it and you get the picture. no parking lot, just grass. The grass is filled with pickup trucks, one of which was loaded with tons of wood burning logs. I joked with my wife "I bet that is for the pig roast later" I wasn't far off as it turned out. We go inside to find my in-laws and my sis n law with her husband and kids already there. everyone is dressed like we are going to a big fancy wedding. Everyone else was in jeans and cowboy boots. the groom and his bridesmaids(I don't know what you call them guys) groomers I guess, I don't know, were all dressed alike in, get this, black jeans and black shirts and cowboy boots. the bridesmaids come in in full expensive wedding type dresses and my stepdaughter a beautifull WHITE wedding dress (she has three kids). Thank god the ceremony was quick. It took every ounce of energy for me to object when the pastor/postmaster/sheriff asked if there were any objections. At least five people looked at me including the bride when he asked this. I just looked down cause I could have went into a rant you wouldn't believe. But, it's her life right. So we walk outsideand get directions to the property. Meanwhile a cold front ripped through town in like an hours time. It was like 35 degrees. Here I am in a suit standing in grass thinking what and idiot I am. I keep looking at my watch seeing how much time I had before mardi gras started. we get to the property. All that is there is a trailer and a reception size white tent they had rented. Now I am amoung grass, some dirt, ant piles here and there, a giant cage in the back of the property held the 8 or so pitbulls which was behind the newly installed tornado shelter. So, our immediate family show up first and my FIL and I are just laughing at how ridiculous this whole thing is. A rickity dance floor in the middle of the tent, plastic home depot tables with the paper table clothes still in its package sitting there. We see no food or drink anywhere. Now some people start rolling in. Sure enough the truck with the wood pulls across and dumps out all the wood for the bonfire. A DJ sets up and starts playing only country music. Then another pickup pulls in with 2 kegs of beer on the back of which I had to tap the first one just to get me and my FIL a beer. the kids are already running around in the field like crazy messing up their clothes. I was so cold I didn't care. I did notice that our crowd was the only ones who expected to be dressed nice throughout the wedding. Everyone else had changed into street clothes and dressed warmly. Now we are starting to get hungry! wheres the food? well I send my FIL on that mission cause he is great at finding free food. He comes back and says it's in the trailer. I go in to find the reception dining experience to be sandwich meat, potato and macaroni salad, no bread that I could find and someone made smoked shredded pork. I think the vegetable I had was a few olives. This was all self serve on paper plates with plastic spoon/forks! ever see them. As I turned to walk out of this trailer, that no one decided to clean before the wedding, the door is near a bedroom which the door was now open cause someone changed clothes in there, I see a pair of used underwear laying on the floor at the entrance to the trailer. I just stepped over them and walked out. Now it's getting a little dark and colder. My kid runs up to me an says "dad, some guy just told me to get outta here kid" I asked what was the guy doing? he says "he was peeing on the side of the trailor. He ran off and I again asked my wife if we could leave. so we stayed After some pictures and such I and my FIL just kinda hung around the keg trying to stay warm (the tent was only closed on 2 sides and the wind was whipping) It is now dark, I can't see the kids running around, we can't find the shoes and socks they took off in the grass everyone is either by the fire or they are laying in the back of their pickups drunk and here I am the lone guy standing their in a suit and tie! (even my inlaws all had clothes to change into cause they were going home from the wedding and had suitcases with them). Thank god my wife finally allowed us to leave. we were all still hungry due to the lack of food that we stopped at Mcdonalds on the way back to the Hard Rock. We get back I tell my oldest son to change quickly so we can get to Mardi gras. We race over from the hotel to Universal which is about a 200yd walk and we find out it's over! That was my day (with a couple things left out) ohh one funny redneck moment came when the DJ, over a song, actually asked fro a beer over the microphone like "kin someone grab me a beer" the other moment came wellll............I will try and tell it in a non gross manner. I had to go to the bathroom really bad, number 1, I am standing outside the only bathroom at this wedding waiting for someone to finish. I finally here the toilet flush and out comes someones nasty old grandma! a real old redneck grandma who just finished ummmm.......going to the bathroom! Iwalk into the bathroom anyway cause I have to go so bad! well as I am going, the fumes felt like my skin was peeling off and my eyes were tearing up. I luckily was able to hold my breath so I only had to take 3 breaths while I was in there. Someone knocks on the door. Then I started thinking "oh man whoever comes in here next is gonna think I did this!" Thank god the person waiting outside the door was my wife and son. I explained what happened and we laughed. I did have to ask her "was there corn served at dinner cause I didn't see any until I went into that bathroom!" no lie, the plumbing in the bathroom was terrible. So that is most of the story! Hope you enjoy my pain.
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Admiral

LMMBO!

Rescue, SURELY you have made this up! So this makes him your....... son-in-law? hehehe Holidays should be interesting!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Wow Joe. What a terrible story. Hopefully, she can keep going ahead in life and maybe drag him from the dirt. I'm sure she is quite the catch.

Darlene, did you and Don hoist one for us?

Marty, are you playing with yourself?

Today was a day full of busting caps. I shot in the first relay and did so well, I didn't have to shoot again. So, I was rewarded with a day of sitting in a chair waiting for the others to catch up on their shooting techniques.

Tomorrow, everybody qualifies... that is, shoot to get their license for a year. Justa step for me but a struggle for others.

I need a cruise in a bad way. My Novemebr cruise is too far away...

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Michael, yep, we hoisted one for you, one for Marty, one for Walter, one for Rescue, one for Dina, one for James, and probably one for everyone who has ever posted on the HIH thread! Well, maybe not that much, be we had a good time.

Michael, speaking of qualifying with your firearm, reminds me of Don telling me about when he was in the Army. When they had to qualify, he shot just enough to qualify, then he started shooting the next guys target! He didn't want to qualify as a sharpshooter! This was in 1967. So what did he get to do while in the Army....... he was a cook!

Michael, you need to be checking the Ecstasy. You can get a quick 4-day cruise in there!

Oh yes! That is what I'm doing next week!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Life is good!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Admiral

But the Esctasy is higher in the summertime.

Old April 14th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
But the Esctasy is higher in the summertime.
I believe if he takes ecstacy it will seem like an 8 day cruise!

My story is real! how could I make this up. The only thing that could make you really appreciate the experience was being there. I have never been more out of place. Except maybe the time when I was in a gay bar in NYC in 1986. Damn, now there will be another month long request for that story. I should keep my mouth shut.

If you don't believe that wedding story I can elaborate on any part you deem fabricated. But, lets stay away from the part about the corn.
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning

well rescue... i dont know what to say, but i will now think twice before i let my kids plan anything!! of course the down side is now you get to help with the house to go on that property... the up side, one down tell the kid to find me some property (among the living!!!) and give her my e-mail address

the cruise... its a 12 day out of Europe, and you all know the only time we can travel so i will try not to cry about that again. so far this is what i am looking at, but if i get the right price on rcl we will go that way

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.as...Date=7/25/2008

hey dina... the kids got me a new laptop with a BUILT IN WEBCAM!!! what did you say your address was??
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Rescue, c'mon, don't hold out! I'm sure there's a very logical excuse, as to why your went to a gay bar in NYC! Even if you have to e-mail it, you have our e-mail addresses!

Good morning!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Admiral

rescue I would have loved to see you suffer so - let me guess it was in Sanford FL lmao - they even make rednecks look bad in Sanford

now you "claim" you felt out of place in the gay bar - aren't you sure your plumber and/or lawn boys didn't make you feel right at home....

Mehawk - I don't even have enough time to play ..... now if I was rescue, time wouldn't be an issue as I am sure he has it down to a science by now

by the way Good Mornign Gang and
darlene thanks for that beer, I am sure it tasted really good
Darlene: Happy Single Digit Midget to you
Walter: Europe -- YOU BITE! quit complaining, it is Europe...
Dina: hope you have a better day and sorry I missed ya in Vegas
JamesRT: take a break
Will: where are you bud...
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Joe, I believe the wedding party.

I want some of the Esctasy at sea!

Old April 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Hello Everyone!
What a beautiful afternoon! The place is starting to look somewhat better.Lot's more to do.

Walter,
Nice cruise booked,enjoy!

Rescue,
Those types of weddings are common in our area,that's why I never attend!

Michael,
Nothing like a straight shooter!

Martha,
Being a Mom again getting any better?

dina,
Aren't meeting just alot of fun? NOT!

ready,
Drink a few more and one more for me! !
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Admiral

good morning everyone and who the heck wants to adopt ME! I am so ready to run for the hills and join those rednecks whereever the heck rescue was at..... so to answer your question James, it hasn't gotten any better; in fact, worse, with all the state appts, meetings, forms, etc etc and still have a 1/2 dozen more to finish all the while doing the supervised visits for mom and dad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

so say a little prayer for what is left of my sanity PLEASE

and if anyone wants a roommate, I will be there
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

Just a quick note, before heading out the door. BP has planned a lunch today for DH, so he has made arrangements for me to join them. I will have to watch the safety video, be issued safety glasses, and a hard hat. I should be so cute! There will be lots of food and friends, but so alcohol. So, James, I'll have to wait until later this evening, when we are going to Pappadeaux's. That is where the retirement party for the guys from a different team is having their retirement dinner! Don was invited to that one, too. All this on a Wednesday!

Anyway, Marty, I know you have to be very tired. Everything you do, is centered around the needs of this sweet baby... through not fault of his own. Hang in there, it won't last forever.

Later!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Ready,
Sounds like a great "HUMP DAY" !

Martha,
Having a little one around sure changes one's lifestyle.
At least it did ours.
Enjoy it while you can,they grow up so darn fast!
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon HIH...

Its been one of those days..... again.

Marty - I'll adopt you. I just need to find a little bit bigger place so you can have your own room.

Darlene - Sounds like a party to me... I want to see a hard hat picture.

Hmmmmm ok. now I sound like one of the guys.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Good afternoon HIH...

Its been one of those days..... again.

Marty - I'll adopt you. I just need to find a little bit bigger place so you can have your own room.

Darlene - Sounds like a party to me... I want to see a hard hat picture.

Hmmmmm ok. now I sound like one of the guys.
why thank you Dina, but I am afraid one winter in the Tundra and I would DIE...

yep DIna is right we want pics !!!!!
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

happy after the hump day everyone

rescue: had a thought about the corn - maybe its a redneck tradition to "throw corn" at a wedding bash

I am on my own today! tot started daycare Whoooopeeeeeee.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning! I have a headache this morning............. wonder why?

Had a really good day yesterday with DH and his fellow retirees, supevisors, co-workers, wives, etc. Went to Pappadeaux's last night. There were 36 or so there and the tab came to 2,800. A lot of the guys orders the Filet and Lobster. I had amd appetizer of shrimp, avacado, cilantro, and spicy cocktail sauce, Texas Redfish (a filet of redfish with lump crab meat, asparagus, some kind of yummy sauce), and desert (to-go) of Turtle Brownie. Oh yeah, and open bar!

DH has gone to get the RV, so we will be packing up to hit the road. We will be going with a group of friends to Bastrop, TX. Don't know if the park will have wi-fi, so if I don't get back on, everyone have a good weekend.

Marty, I'm glad you are finally getting a few hours of relief. I can't believe it has taken this long! That is very good news, and may actually retain what is left of your sanity!

I may never eat corn again! ewwwwwwwwww
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Admiral

darlene - another RV trip - hmmmm maybe you should write a journal that could turn into a novel then you could sell for mega bucks and take us ALLLLL Cruising ........ have fun on your trip....

and get this: My niece, continues to force me to go to Walmart to "stock up" on baby carp; I try to get her to go elsewhere, but since she's buying and wants to save a buck, I don't have much choice....but I tell her "at what cost, a few brain cells, a few digits knocked off our IQ score, the risk of catching imbecilitis..... well. . . the almighty dollar won out; and she still drags me and tot to Walmart

and how come, even though we STOCK UP on baby stuff, we are constantly running out.... sheesh.... I feel like I have to go to the grocery store or HEAVEN FORBID a Walmart every phreakin day

speaking of Walmart - hey rescue, where there any Walmart greeters at that there wedding shing ding......

and another thing: since when does EVERY FRIGGIN single baby toy HAVE TO MAKE NOISE!... my goodness, you can't walk through my house without hearing voices come from all areas....... "Elmo loves to play" is a bit creepy at 3:00 am; especially when you thought you left Elmo in the darn car ---

and that cat has joined in the fun; he has learned to push buttons or swat at things so they make noise..... I have to get that on video but frankly at 3:00 - 4:00 am, I am not in the mood for making videos (okay who is gonna bust on me for that one )
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Closed Thread