Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Marty, o.k. let me see, in your household, all video cameras have to off by 2:59. Got it!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!
It's take a break time!!!

Walter,
Did you read Martha's post? I never knew she was in the habit of making Videos a 4:00 A.M.
I thought only certain types of videos were made at that late hour!

dina,
Must be having another Carp day,all those meetings.

Michael,
How's the training going?

rescue,
You have a yarn about a "Gay Bar" ? This we need to hear!

ready,
Another RV trip! Way to go!!!

Martha,
Day care isn't good! The child need to be with Auntie Martha 24/7!!
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon!

Well, I'm at the RV resort and have had a headache all day long! I took drugs and rested for a while, but it is still with me! :evil: There is a front coming our way, it may have something to do with the barometric pressure changing. Maybe I need a little wine, just for medicinal purposes only, of course! Maybe later.

We are 150 miles from home and had an awful cross-wind for almost the entire trip! The winds have been steady at 25-35 MPH with higher gusts! Normally I don't notice the winds when we're towing, but today was killer!

James, you don't think Marty should put the tot in daycare? You're probably right! Marty, maybe Uncle James would like to take care of him for a week or 2!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

ready,
With the young one in day care Martha will have way to much time on her hands!
I'd be glad to have another young one around the house, Joyce is really happy having a empty nest, so I'm sure she would have something to say!
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Putting the kid in daycare???? enjoy all the time you are going to have spend taking off work to take care of a sick kid! I put my first kid in daycare and had to make weekly trips to the MD. worked in the ER in a family community, all night long I triaged kids being brought for cold, coughs, fever, I always asked "is he in daycare?" the answer was always "yes". I swore never to put my other 2 in daycare so my wife or I was always home with them. Well, they have been sick twice in 9 years.
Better to pay a private person in their home to watch him.
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Admiral

the good the bad and the ugly of daycare; the kid loves it, forgets who I am as soon as I pull in the parking lot.... so yes I know I have to worry about the colds flu and viruses, etc... but I have no choice.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Admiral

by the way good morning gang and TGIF

Ready, sorry about your weather woes! it does seem that the weather was pretty nasty (according to what little news I caught last night).... wasn't there a tornado in your area?

JamesRT - I can't keep the kid busy enough here at the office and also, he dislikes when I am on the phone. He yells everytime the phone rings,,, which makes for some difficult conversations

Dina: your presence has been greatly missed; hugs&kisses cause you probably had a rough week - hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

Walter, Mehawk, Rescue and Lurker Will: whasssssup! . (wait don't answer that)
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Martha,
I understand,when there is a little one around, you have no privacy at all.They require all of your time. But aren't they alot of enjoyment?
Glad you are going to be able to at least catch your breath! ( Maybe)
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Admiral

By the way,an ice storm,flooding ,and now a darn earthquake,no damage here,but what's next? :evil:
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good afternoon

marty... i am being good, which means keeping my mouth shut i see your doing well with the changes the kid has brought your way. you know how much i hate to bust your chops, and dont let this distract you at all but your only getting started.

James... the one thing we disagree about, my kids are 24 and 22 and i am still trying to get rid of them. feel free to send me your address and i will be happy to ship them your way. by the way i have a mental picture of marty taking a shower with her clothes on, yes she is that shy, so 4am videos would have to be pretty tame

Damn ready... your always on the move. i saw a show about motor homes and was very impressed with the idea of shearing ownership of motor homes though chachshare, of course i dont think i could ever get the BETTER half to go for it. maybe in a few years. at the rate you you two are going, you will never be home once DH retires, but i guess thats the plan!

rescue... it is so nice of you to want to help marty by watching the kid FOR FREE.

i am thinking that we may have to send out a search party for dina
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Walter,
I was never in a hurry for the children to leave, when they were ready to go,they went, but I sure love having the grandchildren around!
I think I'm a better grandparent than I was a parent!
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Admiral

I'm back: played hookey and went golfing YEAH,, what a beautiful day it was... now I am cramming in 4 hours of work in the last hour of the day hahaha....

Walter - tooo funny, I am shy - some of the times and yep 4 AM videos would be very tame..... but back in the day hahaha

rescue: when do I drop the tot off, how's tomorrow at 8:00 am...

I think we all need to do a happy hour toast for Ms. Dina.... she probably really really needs it and one for James since the weather is busting his chops (or chopper) this year.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon!

My toast to Dina was at about 4:00! I figured it was 5:00 o'clock somewhere. She would really approve too, cause it was with a glass of vino! I hope she has a bottle of wine on ice, waiting on her this evening. She is due!

A little while ago, I was standing outside the RV, getting a chair, and DH said, from inside, "Open the door." Well, I had heard the lock close on the door, so I knew the door was locked and told him so. He said it wasn't broken, that the latch was broken, and he couldn't open the door from the inside! Fortunately, there was a place a few miles down the road that had a replacement door latch assembly. Ah, the joys of maintenance!

Marty, glad you got to get out and enjoy a round a golf. Just what the doctor ordered!

Walter, for years, I have stayed home only when I couldn't go somewhere! I think I must be part gypsy! I recall years when I would have plans for every weekend from the first of May until the middle of October! I would go to work to rest up!
Mariner of the Seas

Closed Thread