CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Anyone miss the Cruise due to flight delay or cancellation? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/344964-anyone-miss-cruise-due-flight-delay-cancellation.html)

conversationist January 17th, 2008 09:15 AM

Anyone miss the Cruise due to flight delay or cancellation?

Usually we always make arrangements to arrive in Miami the day before the cruise, so we have some time to look around and be safe in case of a flight delay or cancellation.

One time we left on the morning of the cruise because I could not get any additional time off at work. Our flight was cancelled and we were put on the next flight which did leave at time but only gave us less than an hour to get to the port and check in. We arrived at the cruise port with just minutes to spare and really learned our lesson.

Has anyone missed their cruise because of Airline delays and have a story to tell us about the experience. Did you fly to the next port of call or just cancel? Did travel insurance help you?

momofmeg January 17th, 2008 09:49 AM

trol alert everyone-this guy was booted off of CC.

REDWITCH 13 January 20th, 2008 10:25 AM

First:
I would like to say that we also get to Miami a day early. There is way too much talk of planes being late or canceled. I love Miami and it is a perk to get there early and sight see a little.

Second:
Who was booted off the CC ? I don't understand. I guess I am too new to know was a trol alert is.

Darlene

rollerdonna January 20th, 2008 10:33 AM

As travellers from afar (Canucks in the Great White North), we cruise in the winter to escape the weather. However, the weather is always a threat to flight schedules, so we ALWAYS book our flight the day before. So far, so good, no disasters, but we always have insurance as well...just in case!

donna

Fern January 20th, 2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofmeg
trol alert everyone-this guy was booted off of CC.

I find it hard to believe that he/she didn't even have enough imagination to change their screen name? Perhaps they're looking to see how many of us recognize them?

earl January 21st, 2008 02:56 PM

Usually I fly in 1 or 2 days earlier. The one time I didn`t come in earlier
there was a major snow storm in montreal. I arrive too late . I arrive at the port and I wave good bye to the ship as it sail away. I got back on the plane and came home. i was bump up to first class on the plane because
the girl felt sorry for me. I got good and drunk coming home.
I never now arrive on the day of cruising!!

rollerdonna January 22nd, 2008 08:37 AM

That's exactly what I'm talking about Earl. :cry: So far, the weather looks safe for this Friday. No major storms in the forecast, but you just never know...

donna