Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Captain

Default Friday

Good Morning All

Well it is the last day of work, before starting a three day week-end

Yea

Only 57 days until we leave for our cruise.

YEA!!!

Take care and have a great week-end.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's one of the best working days....payday Friday before a 3 day weekend. YAY! (Not that the pay lasts that long but....)
Angela Z.
Old January 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Well, its looking very white out there...........I think I will go back to the computer and look at my cruise vacation pics......

I heard on the news last night we are so far 28 cm behind for snow for the month of January to this date in Jan. Well thats all good, but what about the 100 we got to much of in December??

Lots of errands and getting ready to get dog arriving via air cargo flight tomorrow coming in for rescue.
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy Florida. I am feeling much better and today I have to run some errands and get my passport pictures done also.

Delfthuis did you make pictures of your cruise? Would love to see them!

Also getting somewhat ready for my MIL's visit here. Can't wait to see her as she is my best friend. She will be here Jan 30th and we will be giving her a surprise birthday party at our oldest daughters house.

Middle daughter is packing as she is getting ready to move to New Hampshire to her boyfriend and family. One more daughter to go and we will be empty nesters! Kind of hard to believe but we are both looking forward to that time.

Have a blessed day mates!
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida. Nothing new here,,,,just another day of work before the next cruise. Just wanted to say HELLO to all my "Mates".

Ken
"Sky"
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning, mates!

Awoke to a cold, rainy day. Not as cold as most areas, but for this area, it is mighty chilly! I couldn't imagine dealing with the snow and low temps that some areas are experiencing! BRRRRRR!

Several errands to do today. DH is home, but I think I'll send him his separate way, so we can get more done. Time to pack!

Sue, I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Everyone have great day and weekend! I have a ship to board on Sunday!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's definitely "White" out there!
It's been snowing since midnight, and flurries are expected to last most of the day. Not enough to close anything down though, so it's off to work I go!

This time next week, we will be leaving for our cruise! I am a SDM!!

donna
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates, Just a bit chilly here in Lakeland at 63. I am soooooo glad I chose to move south. I do not miss the cold at all. I remember well what the cold feels like. Day off for me today. I too get a three day weekend, I work Saturday, Sunday and Monday! Have a great day all and stay warm!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sleeping last night was an adventure at best. Bruce has stopped smoking, a good thing, but the bad thing is he is having sleeping issues. With the storm Monday, we have many limbs down, with ice and snow still on the trees, branches are still dropping.

So that seemed to be the case last night, and with every thump, the dogs[3] started to bark, sure that a 300 pound, burly 2nd story man, was breaking in. Bruce got up and testified, "he thinks its something on the porch, bumping agianst the wall".[liar]...Did he fix it though? NOOOOOOOOO!

So today, will be filled with naps for me...I can only hope!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a rainy central Texas.

Not much going on today, but did want to say Hi

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Snowy here too! It is good to be home. I got home on Thursday, but haven't felt up to posting before. I tried to catch up on the threads, but haven't been up to that yet either. Hope to over the weekend though.

Thank you for you thoughts and prayers, and Donna your phone call to my dh.

My surgery was postponed a day, due to the fact that by the time I got to the hospital the numbness in my arms and legs couldn't be ignored. I told the pre-op nurse, so she started to look for my pre-surgery blood work. When I told her how they refused to allow me to have it, she was dismayed. But she still believed my numbness was due to the cleansing process. (I slept little Wed. nite, and prayed during the night that the Lord would really not allow the surgery to happen if it would be dangerous for me, and that someone would finally hear my concerns.)
I told her that I really believed it was more than the cleansing, as I had felt this way only once before, after having my thyroid removed. I told her that the numbness was caused my low calcium and postassium levels. So she ordered bloodwork, but I think more to humor me, than really believing anything abnormal would show up.
Then in came the anisthesiologist (sp) who also asked for my blood work, and too was dismayed. He finally listened to me and heard my concerns and was rather appalled by the whole thing. Then the surgeon came in, also asking for bloodwork - and seemed annoyed none had been done. Then the anistesiologist, ticked off my surgeon. It was all really odd. Anyway, by then my blood work was down and my potassium level was 2.1 - the lowest the anisthesiologist had ever seen. The surgeon said it would just be too dangerous to operate and had me admitted with oral postssium thruout the day as well as continual postassium drips.
I feel that this was a divine intervention that I needed!

The surgery went well, and because I voiced my vanity issues to the surgeon - who also is pretty vain... he scaled down the incision by about 4 inches, so I'm very happy about that!

The pathology report determined that the cause of all this trouble was endimetriosis. I had it in my late teens, and the doctors, then had thought that they had removed it all, but apparentaly they were wrong, some had travelled out of the uterus and attached itself to that section of colon, which by the time of surgery had narrowed down that portion to a pin-size opening for "things" to travel thru....no wonder pain was constant.
The surgeon thinks that once I have gone thru the recovery process I will feel better than I have in over 20 years. I will be very happy for that!

I did have one problem while recovering in the hospital. On Monday when the lna brought me for a walk she never plugged my iv monitor back in, so later when the battery ran low it was noticed and plugged in. When my next walk was due the battery wasn't charged so they shut it off, but when they plugged me back in they never turned the monitor back in. I noticed it about two hours later. Of course when they got it running again, the vein had collapsed and the fluid was collecting in my arm. So they had to find a new vein. I have very tiny veins, and they are very hard to stick, full of valves and scar tissue. The on-duty nurse couldn't do it (in pre-op it took 3 tries before they were successful). She finally gave up and went and got a nurse from Intensive Care. She was able to find and stick the vein. About 20 minutes later I couldn't figure out why my arm still hurt so much. That is when I discovered they had forgotten to remove the tourniquet....so it had been on for close to an hour. I was very annoyed. But I'm home and slowly recovering, so all is good. Makes me wonder tho....

Now I have to try to figure out how to put pounds back on - I am at 102/103 which makes my energy levels quite low, and with no appetite, and also that I can't help remember what it was like when I used to weigh 180 25 years ago, it is very hard for me to mentally eat what I should. I won't call it an eating disorder, but perhaps borderline...Even now when I look in the mirror I see myself much larger than I must be.
I will try my best...and have set a goal of 110 by the time we go to Florida on 02/29.

Sorry, I get so long winded. Thanks again for all your support. Blessing to you all!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Jen...glad you finally got some answers for all the pain and suffering. And very happy that someone FINALLY listened to you. The professionals sometimes forget that WE know our bodies BEST!

Now you are on the road to recovery AND you have a trip to look forward to.....YIPPEE!!! Next up.......a CRUISE, maybe!
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Admiral

VTJEN glad things went okay after all that drama. I always wonder about the hospitals myself. When you come to FL maybe we can meet? Where will you be staying?

Glad to see you back here as I have had you in my prayers.
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Jen,

How scary your adventure. I hope you are on your way to recovery.

Come down here, I will make you gain weight. I sure am a success story for myself.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

VTJen, its great to see you again! Add me to the list of Floridians wondering where you'll be when you're down here!
Angela Z.
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Friday

Good morning from Southern California where it was 38 chilly degrees last night. The furnace kept plugging away.

VtJen, I am so glad that you're back among us! As Luanne says, come to SoCal, and I will fatten you up for sure!

Today is gym day for Keith. I have a manicure later this p.m.

Enjoy your day, CM's!

Judy
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Jen,
Jen to Jen, post-op patient to post-op patient, I wish you only smooth going from here on in. Please take care of yourself and eat what you need to make your body healty again. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.