CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Too Many Cruises..Not Enough Time Or $$$$$$$$ (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/345156-too-many-cruises-not-enough-time.html)

venice January 20th, 2008 02:43 PM

Too Many Cruises..Not Enough Time Or $$$$$$$$

there are sooooo many inviting cruises that I would love to take this year if I had the time and funds

If you could "squeeze" in one more 5 - 7 day cruise for 2008, where would it be and on which cruise line :?:

My choice would be on RCI Freedom of the Seas on the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage in late May

LibraLass January 20th, 2008 03:07 PM

Well , here in Blighty don't have a lot of choice for 7 nighters, it takes 3 days at sea to get to Med.

Are options are Norway and the fjords or a cruise to Spain,Portugal, Guernsey and France - thats about it.

I would choose Norway !

Sue

rollerdonna January 20th, 2008 07:49 PM

Well, I have the enviable "problem" of trying to pick a FREE cruise!
It's so hard to find the right one, there are so many to choose from, but we're narrowing it down according to itinerary. If it were only me deciding, I would be take the next CruiseMates group cruise that comes up, or the Jan. 09 special Bert Stratton cruise on the new Ruby Princess.
Decisions, decisions.....

donna

Phyllbo January 20th, 2008 07:55 PM

If time and money didn't matter, I'd take a cruise from Calif across the Pacific stopping in Hawaii, Thahiti, Australia and NZ and then on to China.

Once Jake retires, I hope we'll have good enough health and enough wealth to cruise quite a bit more than we do now.

Phyll

CruisinK n J January 20th, 2008 09:14 PM

Too Many Cruises, Not Enough Time or $$$$$$

The "not enough $$$$" surely hits home!

Well, Keith would much prefer a crossing over any port intensive cruise, especially after reading about a transatlantic aboard Oceania's Regatta. It only carries 684 passengers. I would want a bigger ship for an ocean crossing.

I would pick HAL's cruise that goes to Monte Carlo, Dubrovnik and Venice, among other ports, so it's very port intensive. Even better, a cruise to South America.

Judy

LibraLass January 21st, 2008 12:01 PM

Re: Too Many Cruises, Not Enough Time or $$$$$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinK n J
The "not enough $$$$" surely hits home!

Well, Keith would much prefer a crossing over any port intensive cruise, especially after reading about a transatlantic aboard Oceania's Regatta. It only carries 684 passengers. I would want a bigger ship for an ocean crossing.

I would pick HAL's cruise that goes to Monte Carlo, Dubrovnik and Venice, among other ports, so it's very port intensive.

Judy

Hi Judy
I am cruising to Venice and Dubrovnik in 15 weeks time on P&O Arcadia, a child free ship only 3 years old. We have a starboard balcony cabin for the sail-in - can't wait!!

We 'should' of been in Monte Carlo last July, again on Arcadia - we were supposed to be docking at Cannes (and had a tour booked for Monte Carlo) but due to a nasty swell, and Cannes being a tender port, the Captain announced at 8.30am that tenders could not be lowered... a real disappointment, So we sailed off to Antibes and sunbathed on the Cote D'Azore all day sipping cocktails - its a hard life, but somebody has to do it!!!

Sue

LibraLass January 21st, 2008 12:03 PM

ps. its time and ££££££££££££££'s for me as well.

Hubby only gets 4 weeks holiday a year, and the Will take up 12 out of the 20 days,

Sue

earl January 21st, 2008 03:47 PM

I have never been on the Voyage class or the Freedom class ships
on RCL, my biggest was the Carnival Victiory ( 102,000 tonnes).
I usually cruise on HAL. mid size ships. I have never seen ice rinks
or climbing walls or surfing on a ship.i would be curious to find out
what all the fuss is about!!!!

Dave the Wave January 21st, 2008 03:50 PM

All my cruises have been out of Florida to Caribbean and Bahamas. While I still enjoy it, I would love to go out of California and do a Mexican Riviera or perhaps get to Bermuda. Would love to get to Hawaii but also want to do a trans Atlantic. I guess Alaska is at the bottom of the list because I am all about fun in the sun!! 8)

venice January 21st, 2008 04:06 PM

Dave..you would love Bermuda because most ships stay overnight so you really get a chance to enjoy the beautiful island....you might also consider a cruise to Europe that includes Greece and Venice..you would love the beaches of the Greek Islands because Speedos are very popular there and there are several outstanding "clothing optional " beaches ..plus they know how to really party much better then on the cruises you have been on so you would fit right in

Dave the Wave January 21st, 2008 04:20 PM

Great ideas Venice! European vacation, Here I come!

venice January 21st, 2008 04:53 PM

and maybe take your sons on one of the trips to Europe..they would receive a priceless education (and they would serve as a great "babe magnet" for you) LOL

Dave, you do know women from Europe are attracted to men from America like you :roll: :roll:

Dave the Wave January 21st, 2008 04:59 PM

I had no idea! :shock:

balabusta January 21st, 2008 07:40 PM

If I had the time and more important, the money, I would buy a condo on Resident Sea and spend most of the year just cruising in the "lap of luxury". I can always dream, can't I?