CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   ?stay in FLL or Miami area?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/345519-stay-fll-miami-area.html)

Brenda in Canada January 26th, 2008 06:24 PM

?stay in FLL or Miami area??

Hi Cruisemates! We are starting to get all prepped for our NCL Jewel cruise in March/08 and I need some advice please.
We are staying 2 nights post-cruise. The Sunday night after returning from our cruise, we got the Hyatt Downtown Miami(4* on Priceline) and we have the option of extending our stay to the Monday night also. BUT our flight leaves FLL at 6:15am Tuesday morn and we will have to book a towncar/limo service to get us there 2 hours before flight time I guess.
Should we stay the Monday night(go by taxi/shuttle/towncar) in a FLL area hotel to perhaps have a bit more sleeping time, or should we just stay in the Hyatt Miami???? :-?
Any ideas, advice??
Thanks in advance!!
Brenda in Vancouver

REDWITCH 13 January 29th, 2008 08:42 AM

Brenda:
This isn't advice for where to stay, I will let that up to all the others on this board. There are some very knowledgeable people here, that will guide you in the right direction.

I was wondering if you are staying in the Hyatt(Amerisuites Airport West) in Miami? We will be staying there in May and I would love to know how your stay is?

I wish I could have been more help to you.

Darlene

Mike M January 29th, 2008 05:38 PM

If you are referring the Hyatt downtown Miami then you are close to the Miami port. It will be about a 1/2 hour trip to FLL in the early morning.

A 6:15 flight will mean you have to get up around 2:30 a.m. (if you want to shower and not be overly rushed) in order to make it in time. Yuck.

I would go for a FLL hotel.

Also note that your trip from Bayside to FLL will cost you over $60. A limo is usually more expensive.

Take care,
Mike

Brenda in Canada January 29th, 2008 06:12 PM

Thanks Mike for the advice! At least we arrive into Seattle about 11:30am and then drive up to Vancouver and will have the late afternoon & evening to recuperate! Lucky my husabnd can sleep on the plane so he can do the driving back home.
Now I will try and research the FLL airport hotel situation. Any recommendations for a clean, safe, reasonable place to stay near FLL?
Darlene-it is the Hyatt Downtown Miami we are staying at.
Bye for now. Brenda in SNOWY Vancouver area.

Travelnut January 29th, 2008 11:50 PM

Brenda,,,
I just booked us rooms pre cruise in Ft. Lauderdale beach area on priceline. We got the Marriott for 120 a night,,,,Had a hard time getting it. Seems March is a busy month with spring break and all. You might check out biddingfortravel.com to help you.

Pootersdad January 30th, 2008 08:13 AM

Fll Hotel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda in Canada
Any recommendations for a clean, safe, reasonable place to stay near FLL?

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Airport/Cruise Port when we go down for our b2b cruises in March. It's mid-way between the airport and the cruise terminal. It's just a few minutes from the airport.