CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/345826-questions.html)

Redheadsmama January 31st, 2008 01:26 PM

Questions

How much is pop/soda on the ship. I noticed it is not included.
Why for pete sake?

When the room states up and lowers, is that like bunkbeds?

What do I need to know.

I want an inexpensive room with a king. I'm not too picky.

Can you bring a laptop? Is it going to be safe in our room?
How much is wifi service?

We will be going on Carnival most likely. I found found
a couple of 7 day ones for about 2200 - 2400 including
airfare.

Are transfers included to the ship?

If not how much will it be (Miami I think is where the ship is).

earl January 31st, 2008 02:32 PM

I don`t know about Carnival but on HAL ships there is a small safe in
each room.
It would probably be cheaper if you buy a soda card, then you can drink
as much as you want
you can bring a laptop and depending on the ship you can uses in your stateroom. there is a fee and its not cheap.

Redheadsmama January 31st, 2008 02:34 PM

How much is a soda card per day/week?

ScurvyDog January 31st, 2008 03:17 PM

I think soda card is $6 or $7 per day.
Yes upper & lower is bunkbeds. You wont find king size beds in the regular cabins. Some ships may have them in the expensive suites.
Transfers are not included. Taxi is the best way to go in Miami.
Cost is $24 from airport to ship.

katlady January 31st, 2008 03:41 PM

We cruise carnival they have a safe your credit card controls the opening and close of it. Your laptop won't fit it in the safe should be fine in the room. My hubby just used the laptop to download digit pictures so the camera would never fill up and we could see the pictures that same day. Soda Cards I'm not sure about but it does depend on the length of the cruise the longer the cruise the more pricey the card. You can bring a certain amount of soda on board and buy sodas at the ports to bring on board. I suggest that but I'm cheap. :D All the rooms I have been on any cruiseship including inside, balcony standard, balcony suite(lucky upgrade), and oceanview have been a queen sized bed. I love the new carnival bedding it's really nice. I hope that helps.

CruisinK n J January 31st, 2008 09:36 PM

Questions

Hi, Katlady! Yes, she's right; bed can be either twin or queen. We found we were quite comfortable in a queen. And the beds and linens on the Liberty were great.

Judy

REDWITCH 13 February 1st, 2008 10:25 AM

Red:
If you go to the Carnival's web site, there is a place on the bottom of the page as FAQ. I found many answers to questions there.

Everything that was said here is also very good information. I get my answers at both places.

Darlene

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith February 1st, 2008 10:42 AM

Re: Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redheadsmama
How much is pop/soda on the ship. I noticed it is not included.
Why for pete sake?

When the room states up and lowers, is that like bunkbeds?

What do I need to know.

I want an inexpensive room with a king. I'm not too picky.

Can you bring a laptop? Is it going to be safe in our room?
How much is wifi service?

We will be going on Carnival most likely. I found found
a couple of 7 day ones for about 2200 - 2400 including
airfare.

Are transfers included to the ship?

If not how much will it be (Miami I think is where the ship is).

welcome to cruisemates, redhead, this is the friendliest cruise websit eon the planet.

Sodas: $2 each or you can purchase a soda card for the duration of the cruise, you CANNOT purchase a soda card by the day.

An inexpensive room with a king: You ARE being picky! LOL The two don;t mix :wink: LOL

You can bring a laptop, wifi cost depends on the package you purchase, by the minute it's like 75c a minute. Wifi on ships is extremely, painfully slow-expect to spend countless and I mean countless minutes waiting for pages just to build up.

Shop around and if you can tarvel last-minute, you can get some real good bargains. In 2006 and 2007 we took 5 cruises each year, the maximum we paid was $50 the minimum we paid was $30 (per person per day including port charges and taxes but excluding airafre)

Captain :)