Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Default I am LOST!!

Anybody see tonight's episode? It's like starting all over again, with all these new characters. The plot twists and turns and I'm totally LOST! I will have to watch it again on the VCR!

donna
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Hi Donna,
I am a Lost fanatic, last night was very confusing but I think that's what they intendd it to be.

Lots of hints of supernatural going on from the very beginning of the show (black smoke monster) The new people may or may not be there to "rescue" they were idnetified as a "drunk pilot, a ghost whisperer,an archeologist, and I forgot what the called the guy Daniel" I remember from last season that Naomi had said that all the people on Oceanic 815 were killed in the crash & that the plane was found at the bottom of the sea. They hinted at this again last night, even showed newclips, BUT the drunk pilot guy (who looks like Mel Gibson to me) was very insistant that the film footage of the crash was NOT of the piolt because he knew the pilot & was suposed to fly that particular flight. Also I'm confused why the guy Daniel was crying when he saw the news clip of the crash, then next thing ya know he's part of the "UNIT" on the mission to the Island And what is the connection to Charlene reading the news about the crash in every foreign language while she is on an archeological dig of a "polar bear" then she pulls out of the dirt the polar bears collor and there's the Dharma insignia and big shock here ... the new people are there to get BEN ... who just so happens to know all about them from the time they were conceived,

I'm not sure I can keep up with this any more, getting way confusing!
T C
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Admiral

I will wait for the Fall and buy the whole season on DVD. and
watch it on a day off.
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Admiral

we are loyal viewers, I dont think it was anymore confusing than any of the other episodes... Im anxious to see who the SURVIVOR 6 all are... we know its Jack, Kate, Hurly... who are the others ? (lol, no pun intended)

I think its interesting last night they had a case full of gas masks, just like what was used when Ben killed off the original Dharma crew way back when... I originally thought they were trying to recover something from the wreckage... but now it looks like they are after Ben ?!?

Hes been on the island since he as a young boy... we saw his mother died in childbirth... so its not a "looking for long lost stolen child thing" ... very peculiar.... at least the writers have imagination.

But... on top of that... I must say.... I HATE THEM ADDING NEW CHARACTERS ALL THE TIME !!!

my 2 cents
Old February 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
First Mate

I am with the rest of you that it was very confusing. But I am hooked again. Just about the time that I have things figured out, Wham! My theory goes flying out the window. Ju ust hope the writers strike ends soon so they can film the rest of the season.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Admiral

I'm also LOST. The flash-forwards get confusing also. Who are the "Oceanic 6". We know Kate, Jack & Hurley, but Hurley went with John Lock, so why is one of the 6? I wonder how much they will reveal this season? The show will be back until 2010, when it will end for good, or so I read someplace. Will be stay confused for the next 2 years

Need some cruise help?
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Admiral

I watched it again tonight (on tape) and am still LOST. I too, wondered how Hurley was one of the 6 when he went with Locke. But then, the previews for next week show Hurley bound and gagged, so something happens!
I am so curious as to what connection the new characters have to our beloved Losties, and why they're so interested in finding Ben!

donna
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:55 AM
First Mate

Remember too, in one of the flash forwards where Hurley and Jack were shooting basketball that Hurley told Jack that he (hurley) should have never went with Locke that he should have stayed with him and Kate. Somehow Hurley ends up with Jack. Lots of new questions to keep us scratching our heads.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Admiral

I got lost half way through the second season and have decided to stay lost as it has to many twists and turns and I cannot follow it any more. I may watch the finalle whenever that may be but in the mean time I do feel those writting have not even decided how the story goes. I cannot follow it and all together, the episodes, it doesnt make sense to me any more so I dropped it from it "itin" of TV watching.
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Another week, another episode, so many more questions!
Anybody got any good theories?
Mine is, Sayid (in the future) is working for Ben in order to save the lives of his fellow "Oceanic 6". We know some of the 6 so far, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid. Who do you think are the other 2?

I also have a theory about who is Ben's "plant" on the boat. Probably Michael. I don't think we've seen the last of him yet!

donna
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Hi Donna,

I taped last nights episode, haven't watched it yet, but I did see the end when Sayid was talking to Ben, and Ben was telling him who was next on the "list" O M G ! I think that Ben will end up being the guy in the coffin that Jack went to the funeral home to see. I bet Sayid will end up killing Ben.

Now that the writer's strike is over, I hope we get all 16 planned episodes for this season.

I am staying LOST and confused!
T C
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I was a fan, but left last season...I thought I would try it again,with the recap shows, so I taped them all...I just deleted them because I found myself not caring enough, to give up my time:((

A couple of weeks ago, Whoppi Gopldberg, a big fan dropped a giant storyline, which may drive the best fans crazy..stay tuned....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
I was a fan, but left last season...I thought I would try it again,with the recap shows, so I taped them all...I just deleted them because I found myself not caring enough, to give up my time(

A couple of weeks ago, Whoppi Gopldberg, a big fan dropped a giant storyline, which may drive the best fans crazy..stay tuned....
Her tip was reconciled last week and to me only means that there is a cover up in the downing of the plane. There are some timeline issues involved though. Which shouldnt be surpising after last nights episode where the beacon from the ship arrived 30+ minutes after it should have and the remark about how light reflects kind of funny. Quantum mechanics deals with bending paths and the super duper magnetic fild on the island apparently bends things and is strong enough to bend light particles. If it can do that then "jumping" would be theoretically possible.

For those that cant get enough and need a place to speculate try lost(dot)com forums.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Admiral

I just watched the episode I recorded last night. I'm still lost, but I enjoyed it. Always more questions!! It definately held my attention the whole show. Now, who are the other 2 of the Oceanic 6? I'll be watching next week.

Need some cruise help?
Old February 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
First Mate

RD, you now know why I NEVER watch shows that force me to watch every episode or be lost. I refuse to be tied to the "boob tube". I didn't do it back in the 80's when it was Dallas and Falconcrest and Dynasty and I don't do it now.

I only watch truly episodic TV. Sometimes one of my favorite shows will have a 2 or 3-parter to try to emulate this trend. I just refuse to watch 'til it's over.
Old February 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Admiral

For those of you who are die-hard LOST fans, try this webiste:

http://www.jayandjack.com/ (I hope I'm permitted to post this!)

Fascinating commentary, theories, live interviews with cast members, and listeners' comments.

donna
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Admiral

I am not surprised! I just knew "HE" would be Aaron! I think that Claire does get on the helicopter as seen in Desmond's vision, but maybe it crashes or something, and Kate takes Aaron as her son. Last night's episode set the whole - Kate doesn't want children - thing up.

I hope now that the writers strike is over we get the full season. I love this show!

Still LOST & confused
T C

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Admiral

What?? Who?? I thought she said "Eric" and I wondered"why Eric.?" You're telling me she said "Aaron?" Kate is raising Aaron?
Oh my, now I'm even more LOST than ever!

donna
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Wait a minute, if "he" is Aaron, then do you think Aaron is considered the 5th of the Oceanic 6? Or since he wasn't born when the plane crashed, do we still have to find out who the other 2 of the 6 are?
And why did Jack lie in court about there only being 6 survivors? I am so confused!

donna
Old February 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
First Mate

Yep, she said "Aaron"! I am deaf and have closed caption on. I was so not prepared for that! I am wondering also if he counts as one of the 6. I must admit that I get more confused each week but I just can't seem to stop watching the blasted show.

Dewayne

PS it is dangerous to your health to meet Syid isn't it?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Dewayne, it sure is...and that's a shame, 'cause I sure would like to meet him!

You mentioned closed captioning and that brings me to another question.
We get LOST on a local Canadian channel, but can also watch it on the ABC affliliate. On ABC they showed last week's episode prior to this week's episode, and it had a weird sort of closed captioning sub-title thing going on.
Not word for word, but like the writers and producers explanation of what and who and where, and connections to other things, and names of songs played, etc. etc.
Did anyone else see this? It was interesting, but have never seen this before.
It would be helpful if all episodes of LOST were captioned this way, maybe we'd understand what was going on!

donna
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Admiral

I just watched the episode from last night. I thought maybe he was Sawyers kid, that's why Jack doesn't want to see him, or maybe she does have Clare's son. It really is confusing. Why did Kate come back knowing that she had all the charges against her and might end up in jail? I just don't get it. I wonder if we will EVER know all the answers?

Need some cruise help?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Has the show found its way?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
Admiral

For all of the LOST fans. Here is ABC's site, check out the Theories forum. There are lots of theories on everything.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index

Need some cruise help?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Admiral

My theory on why Jack doesn't want to see Aaron ... you know how Jack loves to "save" everyone .. well probably Claire is in the process of dieing - from whatever horrible fate awaits them - and Jack is unable to "save" her, of course this is a great blow to his ego and he can't bear seeing poor little Aaron. -- or -- maybe Jack is responsible for Clair's death, and this is why he can't bear to see Aaron. Kate must return to civilization to raise Aaron as her own, this would explain why she comes back to face the charges.

I am still LOST & confused!
T C

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Floridanamaw, thanks for that link. After reading everyone's theories I went and watched the episode again, and this time I really did hear Kate say "Aaron" not "Eric". As to why he's with her though, I'm still just as LOST!

donna
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Admiral

I think that Jack said there were only "6" survivors because that is all that came back and they (for some reason) don't want anyone to know that there are still people on the island.

I also think that Jack is somehow responsible for Claire's death and that's why he doesn't want to see Aaron.

Lots of questions, no answers. I LOVE IT and I am more "lost" than before.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Admiral

WOW! Last night's episode (The Constant) was a doozy! My head is still spinning! Poor Desmond, what he's been through, but what a scene with him talking to Penny at last!
Thank you to whoever posted the LOST link with the message boards, now I go there and read what everybody else thinks and know that I'm not so crazy after all! One's imagination could get really carried away.....

donna
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Donna--I agree WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!! I will definitely watch it at least one more time. Maybe 2.

I was so happy for Desmond also that he got to talk to Penny.

I will check out the LOST link when I get home to see what others think.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Admiral

We just watched LOST last night. It was a very good episode. I'm still lost, but I really get into the show. Poor Desmond, I hope he get back with his Penny, but we just don't know what will happen. Is he one of the "6"??

Need some cruise help?