Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Wednesday!

Good Morning All!! It is a nice 70 here in Lakeland but it is raining. Work for me today. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Captain

Good Morning Cruznut 2 and all to follow.

It is 59 degrees here with rain, but I don't feel bad. I talked to my youngest brother 3 days ago and he said it was 13 degrees and snowing back home. I miss the cold weather .....N.O.T!

Have a great day

Irish 8)

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Irish I feel the same I moved from NH to Florida last june. Best move I ever made!! Loving the warm weather here.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 13th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All!!! It is raining cats and dogs here in Philly but it was dry when I left home. Wishing the winter was over (Note to Mean Dean: I am still hunting down that stinking rodent Phil ). Barbados time cannot come soon enough .

Valentines eve is here so I guess I better get to Home Depot to get Marj a gift .

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from another resident of the warm country. It's cloudy and cool this morning, but compared to up in WI, it's a heat wave.

Not much on the to do list today.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Admiral

I am generally a rather optomistic person, however today I am even a little fed up..............another snow storm, and a good one...........Enough already!

So the words for today is snow, wind, more snow and more wind.

Yesterday was a real joy and while it was cold at least we had good weather to go out for dinner etc. It was good enough weather for family and friends to come for lunch, coffee and cake yesterday. ( Dutch tradition ) Saturday night we go for dinner again, I guess it's a birthday week!

Kids have gone to school, they were hoping for a snow day........they were sadly disapointed.

I was quite proud of little Lil. She jumped in the snow and did her business, like an old pro. Considering the fact she was not even trained a few months ago, I am quite proud of the old gal. If it was not for her little nose and her black eyes, we would loose her in the snow!

IU wish every one a very good day and thank all again for the birthday wishes.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where I too, am fed up with the snow.
We got 12 cms overnight, it's still snowing and blowing, and we're expecting at least another 10 cms before it turns to freezing rain. Yuck!

It is going to be a long day today; parents will be late picking up due to the snow, and we have to stay until 9 pm for our annual Open House, for new registrations. I will miss Chat tonight, but I'm hoping to be able to write and post Part 8 when I get home!

Doug, I love your Valentines plan...
Irish, I loved your wish for the day, very nice!

donna
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

I too am very tired of winter. We too have the same storm as our friends in Montreal. Lots of snow, then we had a mix of sleet and freezing rain, now back to snow, very windy at times. The schools are all closed, as the roads are very icy. Word is that we will probably be getting another storm on Sunday...yikes.

The surgeon gave me a clean bill of health, I don't need to see him for 5 years. Have to hold off on the lifting for a few more weeks, and shouldn't expect the internal swelling to go away for at least another month, maybe two. I'm glad this is just about behind me.

Called Oral Surgeon again. He finally called me back. I will have to drive to the city to see him next week. The only time he could have seen me tomorrow is at the same time I have to be in the city for my orthodontist appointment. The drive is just not fun in the winter. But I will make it.
He will check me out, but thinks that I will need to go back and he will have to insert an ortho scope in each side of my jaw to look into the joints. They will have to put me to sleep. I'm asuming there will be stiches involved. I really hate to have another precedure...but there seem to be no other options. I hope we can schedule it for when we get back from Florida. It is quite discouraging. I'll know more next week when I see him in person I guess.

Doug - let me know when you find Phil...I have a few choice words for him.
Delft - glad that you had a nice birthday!
Donna - your day seems very tiring. Sorry!

Enjoy your day Everyone!
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it's a cool 40 degrees, and sunny. I am loving winter, and hope it stays awhile.

Today Jim is home sick, which is unheard of. The man never gets sick. He either has a cold, or sinus.

Not much planned today. We will have to go to the dealership to pick up his truck, but other than that, nothing.

My best to everyone.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning all from warm sunny Michigan!

Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Destiny 2009
Carnival Valor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2011
Carnival Miracle 2012
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Hey, BarJen....
That looks like Pittsburgh...We had low temps. snow, rain, the rain froze and then more snow on top of that. It is very intesting driving in this...stuff

OH...I know where to find that bad boy Phil....and he is in so much trouble!!! :evil:

I think we all have had as much Winter as we can handle. Get on with Spring already!!!! 8)

I have been copy and pasting all the fantastic tips for cruising to give to my group. I don't know who else has looked at that post on one of thse boards, but it is great!!!!! So many things I never thought of. This takes my mind off of the weather.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old February 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Admiral

gOOD MORNING FROM A SNOWY MONTREAL. hope you all
have agreat day!!!
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Wednesday

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Apparently today, we will get as low as 70 degrees. My, we are so spoiled!

Nothing much on the agenda here.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
On MY agenda was shoveling the wet snow. It is pouring cats and dogs now!I just came in soaked to the skin. My mailbox, and the guy's across the street had the mailboxes knocked off:( OY OY OY!!! I need some hot and humid sunny days!

Ok I whined enough....!!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Seems like many of us were out shoveling this morning (the others were shoveling it in here )

I dragged out the snow blower, and I was suprised how much snow accumulated since I just did it last on Saturday. Since it was relatively calm, and I had the blower out I did the sidewalks for the 3 homes on either side of me.

Now waiting on the arrival of a garage door minister to perform an exorscism on whatever entity is possessing our meachanical garage door opener. Sometimes it works going up, sometimes it works going down. Sometimes it just sits and blinks (maybe winks) at us.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Now waiting on the arrival of a garage door minister to perform an exorscism on whatever entity is possessing our meachanical garage door opener. Sometimes it works going up, sometimes it works going down. Sometimes it just sits and blinks (maybe winks) at us.
Gee, thats what mine was doing last year!! Seems the exorcism worked and transferred the demon to yours

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Speaking of Garage door Openers Sam's parents one was also some what possessed. A guy came in to fix it as they were to impatient for Sam to repair it, it was summer, so they could have parked on the drive way and waited for him to do it on the weekend.

Any ways, it was fixed all right, it came crashing down on their car...... so much for the sensor that makes it stop before hitting something. Don't even ask the damages, it was alot. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

First time I ever heard some one swear as a child, my father was fixing something, and the garage door ( not electric ) came crashing down on his hand, he was doing something and was on the floor of the garage and didnt get out of the way in time, thankfully it was his hand and he got the rest of him out of the way....................and the swearing you could hear through the neighbourhood................
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob

Good morning Cruisemates;

Busy day here in Sacramento, traffic is terrible. We have the President of Mexico speaking at the capitol today and there are police and protesters everywhere. Weather is great and I am ready for the upcoming three day weekend.

Delfthuis, I hope thing get better in your neck of the woods.

Luanne, I hope Jim feels better

Barjen, What an awesome picture, we never get snow here; although I think I would get sick of it fast.

Hey Kuki, Hope the garage door get fixed today

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Sea of Cortez - American Safari