Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default ? for my north of the border friends re: Bay of Fundy

What town is the best to stay in to view the rise & fall of the tide?
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default Re: ? for my north of the border friends re: Bay of Fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetWes
What town is the best to stay in to view the rise & fall of the tide?
I'm not from the Great White North, but......

There is a small motel just outside Truro, Nova Scotia that is located next to the 'Tidal Bore' observation park. Great spot, but will be busy when the bore is scheduled to arrive, quiet other than that. It is very interesting.

I've also done a float trip down the Shubenacadie River. You go downstream until you meet the 'tidal bore', then float back upstream to your departure point.

If your going on a cruise, Good luck with the timing.

.......... I'm a member of the OGT-NS. L'Ordre de Le Bon Temps, Nova Scotia's Oldest Order of Chivalry and the oldest social organization in North America. (You know how Brits like to place all those letters after their names. )

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Familiar Face

I haven't been there for years, but the little town of Alma, New Brunswick used to have small motels and cottages for rent. If I recall correctly, the town is right on the Bay of Fundy. I remember walking along the bottom of the Bay when the tide was out. This is a beautiful area, so I hope you enjoy it. If you happen to be camping, the Fundy National Park has severaly beautiful camping areas within the park. There's lots to see. You can always contact either the New Brunswick or Nova Scotia department of tourism by Internet and ask them to mail you some information. Both provinces put out a nice tourist book every year which lists all the types of accommodations available and maps of the area(s). I hope this helps.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your replies.