Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Hello Everyone:
I'm Darlene from Pittsburgh. I have been married to my husband Joe, for 38 years. We have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. We also have 6 Grandchildren. 5 boys and 1 girl.

This upcoming cruise will be #5.
As you can see, they are all on Carnival.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old February 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Passenger

This is a great idea.. really helps us newbies out
Judi here.. DH is Dick.. I dragged him on our first cruise in 2001.. and then had to drag him off! Go Figure
We've since been on another 6 I think, with Panama on Coral Princess scheduled in March. It's our first 10 day and I'm really excited.
We live in Northern IL (Phyl.. where are you? bet we're not far) .. Not Chicago, btw. I took early retirement about 3 years ago (just because I could) and DH finally fully retired last year.
Besides cruising I also rather like message boards Hard to believe it took me this long to get here <sigh>
Other interests include Gardening, Camping, Travel in general, Reading, Sports (well.. football) and my computer. I have two grown kids and two almost grown g'kids.. DH and I have been married 23 years.
Looking forward to getting to know you guys better

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Howdy!
My name's Angie, DH is Ken and we're from central Iowa. We're in our upper 40's, no kids, just a dog we call Boober who's almost 5. Hubby's in retail and I'm a secretary.
I found this wonderful site last year when we started planning our first cruise. I'm a daily lurker, several times a day, I admit, I just love to read about everyone's cruises, look at the cruise pictures and dream.... Everyone is very friendly, there's lots of information and answers to almost any question you can come up with.
We took that cruise last month (sigh), really enjoyed it and plan to go again. It was really hard to come back to cold, snowy Iowa. (If anyone has advice on how to treat post-cruise blues, let me know. I've already got another one booked , but I'm still having withdrawals)
My Mom, sister and I are going on a cruise in December. Mom has been before, but it will be sis' first time. I can hardly wait.

Ok, who's next?

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.? Dr. Seuss

Carnival Inspiration January 2008
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Admiral

I am Michael, a 53 year old retiree from the local sheriff's office and looking for a professor gig at a local college. DH is out of otwn often so we have a long distance relationship. What do we like to do? Why CRUISE of course.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Uh, Michael? Isn't that DGF, (Dear Girl Friend) not DH (Dear Husband)?
Or maybe you meant DH (Dear Heart). Just wanted to clarify for you....

donna
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Angela Z. from Orlando (grew up in NJ but moved down here when I was 18 ) and Dave, have been married for 25 years, have 2 great kids both in college and are now at the point where we get to cruise WITHOUT the kids.....what a concept!
We've been on 9 cruises, mostly RCCL and one NCL. We're going on the Sovereign of the Seas for Mothers Day weekend (have I mentioned WITHOUT the kids?!) and are planning a Panama Canal cruise for March 2009.
Welcome to all the new cruisers and its great catching up with the veteran cruisers (isn't it nice I didn't say old? )
Angela Z.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am Luanne, hubby is Jim and we love to cruise.

We live in Texas, and have two great kids, who will soon, not be teens anymore. They are both in college, with one about to graduate.

It is always good to meet others.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Familiar Face

Hello, everyone.

My name is Donna. My husband Wayne and I live in the beautiful Bay of Quinte area of Ontario, which is approximately 45 minutes west of Kingston & 2 hours east of Toronto for those of you who don't know the area. We have been married for 31 years and have 2 wonderful daughters. One will be 27 in a couple of weeks and the other is 24. We're proud of both of them!

Wayne is retired from his full time job, but keeps himself busy with 2 part time jobs, which have allowed us to finally take our dream vacation - our first cruise for our 30th anniverary last year. It also keeps him busy and out of trouble After 34 years I am still working full time for the Canadian federal government. I have enjoyed my career, but am looking forward to retirement in a couple of years!

I have been lurking around the message boards for a couple of years now - to follow the antics of my long-time friend, Rollerdonna (another Donna, of course!). Even before becoming a CruiseMate member myself, I discovered how warm, friendly and helpful everyone is. I still do a lot of lurking, but now post the occasional message.

Wayne and I just recently returned from our second cruise, where we were able to spend some quality visiting time with Rollerdonna and her husband James. We look forward to our next cruise, which will hopefully be a special one to celebrate retirement in a couple of years.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better, and to meeting some of you when we next cruise.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Captain

Hi I am John, I go by Irish in Honor of my Irish heritage. The love of my life, Nancy and I have been married for 29 years. We now call Alabama home after a 22 year career in the US Army that took us all over the world. My D/W, our youngest son leave in 3 weeks for our next cruise (my oldest son will be in Fl with his ANG unit ).

Well that is about all from deep in the heart of Dixie, we wish you a great day.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Thought I better stop in and say 'Howdy' also!

I guess I have been here on CM since about 2004. I have not been on here too much recently(have a Roll Call on another site going for our next cruise), but always feel very welcomed when I do post on CM! It is like visiting relatives(nice ones of course! lol) you rarely see!

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with husband and 2 girls:16,10. Our family will be going on our 3rd cruise in UNDER 3 weeks!!-this time on NCL Jewel on a 9 day Southern!
Take care. Bye for now.
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Hi! I'm Ken, and the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita. We reside in beautiful Lakeland, Florida, and are both computer engineers. (I'm still working, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is retired) I started cruising some 40 years ago, and have done something over 100 cruises. (I think the first was aboard a ship called "Emerald Seas",,,,or perhaps "Flavia") We currently do about 5 or 6 cruises a year, and can't wait to retire, so we can get serious about this cruising stuff.

Ken
"SkyMaster"