Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Admiral

Default HELLO SATURDAY!

Good Saturday morning! start of the weekend for most people , hope you all have a great day!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:05 AM
Admiral

Hi Earl, according to my clock (California time) it's still Friday night 11PM. But happy saturday to all you in different times zones. Weekends here have a can of beer.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
Yeoman

G'morning all my CruiseMates! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Saturday, very early and already 72 degrees out. Weatherbug is saying it will get to 82 today. It is a day off for me and I plan to relax and enjoy. I went to visit my cousin up in Hudson FL yesterday. Nice relaxing day by their pool and we went out to lunch at Golden Corral. No plans for today. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:34 AM
Admiral

Earl, it is morning in Canada?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Almost afternoon here!

Nothing much happening, we sleep in late in the weekends.
Supermarket time, do some shopping, laundry and stuff.

Sun is out, supposed to be a nice weekend.

CYA!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline
Almost afternoon here!

CYA!

Jaqueline............
you meant c ya not CYA, that's COVER YOUR ASS

and yes, Good Morning to all Mates

Captain
Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline
Almost afternoon here!

CYA!

Jaqueline............
you meant c ya not CYA, that's COVER YOUR ASS

and yes, Good Morning to all Mates

Captain
CYA Captain!

Old February 23rd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning where I did not sleep very well and I am up far to early. The dogs have been done and now I try ad go back to sleep for couple of hours.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The snow is coming down in big, white flakes. It is supposed to clear later in the day. We have picked up about 3 inches since yesterday, so everything is fresh and clean. It has warmed up to 13 degrees.

Not much going on here. I puttered around most of yesterday. Filled up one trash bag of things to be discarded...it felt good. Now if I could just keep up that pace. It is amazing how much stuff accumulates over a period of time.

Have more puttering around to do today and stuff to get ready for the monthly womens ministry meeting on Monday evening. Myself and a friend are in charge of it this month, so I have to get the decorations finished and the devotional part finished.

Have a great day.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is a cool, sunny morning. We are suppose to be up to 82 degrees by Monday. YUK!!!

I had an interesting day yesterday. I had an off period, and one of the students came in to the classroom to visit. She said that her teacher told her that she could come, because they were not doing much, at the time.

She starts telling me her life story. It is horrible. Dad in prison since she was three for a double murder. Mom has many men in her bed. Neighborhood kids taught her to shoot. Having sex in the parking lot of the local laundry. They didn't have a car, they were on the ground, behind the building. Of course all of this is horrible to listen to, and some of it can't be verified, but do you know what I was thinking the whole time? "Please don't tell me something that will involve me"

Let me explain: Gone are the days that you can just tell a teacher or administrator something, just to get it off your chest. Now everything, because of liability, must be reported. It is not just a matter of me telling someone, but endless paperwork, deposistions, and in some cases testifying. I know you are thinking that it is my duty to listen and to do something about it, and I would have, but as I said. It is no longer just a matter of reporting it.

I did meet with my team (Teachers) during lunch, and told them what she had said. All of what she said happened several years ago, in another state. What is so sad, is she is only 13 years old.

I dreamed about her last night, so I guess that is why I am thinking about her this morning. It breaks my heart to see young people have to go through so much, at such a young age.

Today is clean up day!! Once again the house is a mess, and needs attention. I also want to do some more planning for our trip, that we are so looking forward to taking.

I hope all of you have a good weekend.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning, everyone!

It's a beautiful sunny and crisp day here in eastern Ontario. It's time for the weekend housework as soon as I get off the computer. The good news for the weekend is that our younger daughter is home from school for her winter break. She'll be here until at least mid-week. We haven't seen her since Christmas, so we're looking forward to spending some time with her.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning once again, never did get that sleep.

A friend called at 7.30 AM and said her computer was not working and she was frantic needing to send an email to England. She is two minutes away so I went over and fixed it for her and then just got home, DS will finish all his applications today and send some stuff out registered mail.

Have a great day every one.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Need some cruise help?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a bright sunny Montreal at only -9C. Everything is white and clean after snow fell all day yesterday. I guess that's what VTJen is getting today.

Nothing big on the agenda for the weekend. Must go buy some more scrapbooking pages so I can finish working on my Miracle cruise scrapbook.
It's fun to re-live your cruise this way!

*Edited to add: We're Doc Dancin' today! Picked up the Princess docs at the travel agent's yesterday. Now, if they'd only be forthcoming with the cheque for this "freebie"!

Cruwysie, nice to see you posting again. Enjoy your time with Melissa!

Floridanamaw, loved the kitty in the purple sunglasses! I don't do mornings either!
Luanne, must be tough to hear those stories.

Have a great weekend All!

donna
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

It is Saturday and a day to take it easy. Yesterday and last night it rained over 2 1/4 inches. Today and tomorrow it is suppose to be in the 70's and by Wednesday it will hit a high of 56, whats wrong with this picture. Oh Well!, just 21 days until we leave for our cruise.

Well You all have a great day!

Irish 8)

May your feet never sweat,
your neighbor give you ne're a treat.
When flowers bloom, I hope you'll not sneeze,
and may you always have someone to sqeeze!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's a warm one here in FL. The temp is already up to 85 so I may have to hit the pool this afternoon to cool off. :-)

Jake has had a few long weekends lately, but this one is very short. He was home last night, and will leave this afternoon for a weekend long meeting and planning session with the company. One of these days I'm going to get that guy to retire!!!!!!

Luanne, what a tough situation to be in. Just for that student to have a listening ear, and to have someone to take the time for her is so valuable. The flip side is the burden that it puts on you. I don't believe in just random events happening to us, but rather as God events. What you do with that, I don't know, but I sure am glad that there are folks like you in this crazy world.

Phyll
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary, and relatively mild temps for this time of year... high near 50 F again.

Had dinner last night at the home of our future daughter in laws folks, along with Kuki Jr and her whole family, and my parents. A very pleasant evening... and hopefully the first of MANY family gatherings. The only one who wasn't there is the younger Kuki Jr who's away at college.

Kuki Jr and his fiance are only in town until tomorrow. Today is her sister's birthday, so they'll be busy. Hope to see Kuki Jr. for a bit of a chat before they have to head back.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw

what a kewl pussie-cat!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Admiral

That was very cute............how ever, if the sunglasses were blue..........then it would be amazing!! ( some will know why I say that!)
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Saturday

Good morning from Southern California. The sun shines, and as I look out, the deck is still sopping wet. I hear we'll really get whacked again tonight.

The buzz here is all about the Oscars. The $64 dollar question is, "Will it rain on the festivities?" Wouldn't want to be on the red carpet in one of those beautiful but bare gowns. Brrr!

Yes, a laid back day . . . no gym, no laundry, no ironing. What to do? Don't know yet . . .

Floridanamaw, I loved the picture! Made me want to go back to bed.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Morning all. Partly cloudy here in Etiwanda about 61 degrees. Rained really hard last night. It's supposed to rain even harder tonight and all day tomorrow. Well I guess it's time for indoor sports. Anyone up for cribbage.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Luanne, How sad that childs life is. It breaks my heart to listen to those things. I get stories like that every day in my work. It is no wonder to me that so many of my people have mental illnesses. So many horrors in their lives to overcome.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw

what a kewl pussie-cat!
I like kitties also. I miss my Persian

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.