Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Sunday Morning Rise And Shine!!!

Good Morning CruiseMates! today is going to be nice here in Lakeland. It is 61 now and supposed to get to 85. No plans for the day just to relax and enjoy. I do have to work overnight tonight at one of the houses. I think I will check out some yard sales this morning. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Good Morning all, rise & shine reminds me of Herman's Hermits and Sleepy Joe, here are the lyrics to that one. You guys remember it?

Have a Great Sunday, all!

Captain

Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe

Rise and shine, sleepy Joe
Now´s the time, don´t you know
To get into a new kind of dream
You´ve been living alone
With no Bell telephone
And you don´t have a shirt that is clean
You can rest your head
On the corner of your bed
You can watch the world go by
But you never gonna see
What the other people see
If you´re always gonna be a sleepy joe.

There are places to go
There are windows to clean on the way
You´ve got nothing to loose,
But the shine on your shoes
Do the best things you can every day.
You can get upset, at the way the people get
You can turn your back on the crowd
But you never gonna see
What is absolutely real
If you´re always gonna be a sleepy Joe.

Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe

Now´s the time, don´t you know
To get into a new kind of dream
You´ve been living alone
With no Bell telephone
And you don´t have a shirt that is clean

Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe

There are places to go
There are windows to clean on the way
You´ve got nothing to loose,
But the shine on your shoes
Do the best things you can every day.

Sleepy Joe
Sleepy Joe
Old February 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Laura and Captain and all to follow.

Laura, enjoy the day, hope you have an uneventfull night.

Nothing happening here besides the weekend chores.

CYA :P

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 24th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning "Mates". I guess those of us lucky enough to live in Lakeland, Florida are among the few who are up and around this beautiful morning. 8)
Not much on the agenda today. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) will have me working on a building we're putting up here on our land a bit later. (I don't hammer too much early on Sunday morning,,,as the neighbors wouldn't take to kindly to that.)
Hope y'all have a GREAT day. (Only two weeks till we sail on the "Imagination") Can't wait!

Ken
"Sky"
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all !!!
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning...A Beautiful day yesterday and and even nicer one expected today. Just love seeing the sun out warm and bright again. Even windexed some of the windows ( mainly the ones with little nose prints!) Applications are finally all submitted, all the "supporting documents" sent registered mail. Now DS will wait to hear the answer which wont come for a while...........Sam is being sent for another course for another certification today for the week, which he wants done as the airline still pays it and it is over 10 grand for each certification. We are going to a friend house for dinner, there will be a full house there which is nice. The lady who I helped with her computer/internet was a sweetheart to bring a lovely meal to say thanks for helping her. It was nice ! She may know nothing about computers but she sure knows how to cook! Have a great day every one.
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is a cool 40's, but will climb later today.

The high for tomorrow is now predicted to be 85. It is no wonder that I stay sick so much.

I have so much to do around the house. I get started and then lose all energy.

My sweet baby boy is learning about adult disappointment. He got a call about an audition in Dallas for a drama school in New York. It was simple. You come to Dallas, with head shot, resume, and two monologues, one drama, and one comedy. If you get a call back that afternoon, and get through that one, you are on your way to New York this summer. It sounded so good, but I had questions. He got on the phone with them, and something did not seem right. He finally found out that the training was for 4 weeks, @ 5000.00 That is only for tuition. No other expenses covered.

Thank God he was able to conclude that it wasn't worth giving up what he has here for a dream there, that he is not prepared for. (He is pursuing a Drama degree here)

I thought that once they were grown it would be easier to handle, but I think watching their disappointment is even worse.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Captain

Good Morning All

Hope you all have a great Sunday and a great week. I am getting ready for church, as my DW has left already to run the church store.

Tree weeks from now we will be preparing to board the Sensation.

Luanne - At least your son found out ahead of time, it is great when they make the right decisions.

Sky - Good Luck with the hammering and your building.

Captain - Great poem

Irish 8)

I-rish you a very nice place to live,
I-rish God's greatest gifts he'll give.
I-rish you health, and wealth, and more--
I-rish your smilin' face were at my door!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the sun is shining and the temps are bearable at -5C (23F). Looks like a good day to take the dog for a long walk in the Nature Park. That is, after I get all the housework done...

Been busy working on scrapbooking our last cruise. While I'm on a roll, I might as well do a few other cruises that I've neglected.... Lots of work!

have a nice day All!

donna
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Rise and Shine

Good morning from rainy Southern California. I think that the Adademy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences would give Mother Nature an Oscar if she wouldn't rain on their festivities tonight!

This will be a good day to stay in, stay warm, and stay dry. But somebody's got to go out and get the paper!

Judy
Old February 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Hi
Happy Good Late Sunday Afternoon from Avon Park, FL. My computer temp says 75 and it's been partly cloudy.
Luanne-I'm glad your son is still in there trying for his degree. Some of the come-ons are just too good to be true, and I'm glad that he saw through it in time.

Yes, the Oscars are tonight. My son, Jamie, the aspiring director, told me that he would try to get to the ceremonies if the writers' strike were over. That they are, but I don't think he has a pass or a ticket to get to the Red Carpet area like he did for the Emmys last year. However, I'll still tune in to see if I catch a glimpse of him somewhere. And, I also hope that Mother Nature is kind for them tonight.

Ken, it sounds like you and Vita are very kind neighbors. We don't get too many early sounds, but we have a fellow who likes to break in to the quiet of lovely, serene Sunday afternoons, like today and wake up the neighborhood up from it's nap! (Usually while Trevor and I are playing Scrabble on the back screen porch).

Our numbers are still in the high 200's until our next cruise, but our roll call is starting to get more active so that will make the time go by faster.

My good news is that I have my Saturdays back, at least for March so far, after losing my weekends with scheduling by a new boss. I've stayed out of Chorale rehearsal with the full group on Saturday mornings for two months-but the boss knew that my director wanted me to be back in with everyone by March. My former boss, also put in a word of "encouragement" and voila!! All I wanted was an hour and a half on Saturday mornings for rehearsal, as our concerts are at the end of March. But-she gave me the weekends for the month. It may not be permanent, just maybe an alternating arrangement with the young 20 year old volunteer assigned to help us for a year-but I'll take it! There are those who think I'm just getting back what I've had for 9 years-weekends off-BUT-there are changes-and I try to be a peacemaker, not a fighter.

Anyway, have a great Saturday-what's left of it. And, happy dreams about your upcoming cruises and memories as you continue to scrapbook previous ones!
Love, Lynne

Ruby Princess