Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:48 AM
Admiral

Default Good saturday morning

Finally the weekend here, just finish work. the weatherman promises a nice weekend. hope you all have a great day!!!RISE AND SHINE
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:12 AM
Admiral

The weatherman promises a nice weekend??? What station are you listening to Earl? It is snowing like the dickens out there right now and it's supposed to snow up to 20 cms all day tomorrow! I think we have broken the record for the most snow in one winter, we're already over 285 cms!!

Didn't realize it was after 1 a.m., I was working on scrapbooking and got carried away!
Guess I will get to bed and check in later....

donna
Old March 1st, 2008, 03:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Florida!! No snow here, C'mon down! I really chose the right time to leave NH and move here. It seems like every time I open my NH news page it is snowing or going to snow there.
Today I actually start work on the new job. I am up packing the things I need to have there. I stay over 2 nights on this job. The good part is that I have all my full week done when I come home Monday morning. Starting Monday morning I have to go to Tampa to finish my orientation I will do that through Thursday. After this week I will be working the weekend at the new job and the Tue - Thu at the old job. My cruise fund will be looking good!
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 1st, 2008, 05:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning CM!

Earl, that is not my forcast We have storm, hail, rain, seems we have autumn or is it called spring nowadays

RD, hope you caught up on your sleep.

Laura, good luck at the new job this weekend. Enjoy the monday in Tampa!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old March 1st, 2008, 06:38 AM
Captain

Good morning everyone. It is starting out around 35 degrees here with the high to be in the 40's today. They are saying it will be spring like weather here on Sun. & Mon. and boy do I hope so. Maybe that will help DH and I get over these colds we have. It's been a long week feeling rotten and waiting on the prescriptions to kick in to do their job.

Old March 1st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Captain

Well Good Morning all from the heart of Dixie, up early this morning for Drill and in 2 weeks we leave for our cruise.

It's 45 degrees right now but we are expecting a high of mid 70's today, Let the Sun Shine.

Hope all have a great weekend, today after Drill we take my D/W's dad to the airport for his flight to California for a month and then we will go out for lunch. Tonight we go to dinner at friend house.

Have a nice one.

Irish 8)

May you alway walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Earl you are right, the weatherman did promise a good weeked, but old man winer decided against it. Last week we expected a blizzard which was nothing and now the 1-5 cm dusting is a storm. Go figure. I let the dogs out, I fed them, and now I am going back to bed because I am just plain tired! Good day for it. Then I have to think about packing.

I still changed the linnens in the house to bright and spring colors, after all Easter is just three weeks away.

Ever the optimist, we hardly had snow for a few years and we needed it for the water tables. Its also good to get the bug population down, and it sure does look pretty compared to rain. I saw on the news that out west, on the coast, where it snows little and rains alot, that people are much more affected by depression. This I can believe, as rain just sucks the life out of you.

I did get a chuckle watching the dogs running and playing in the powder snow today. The snow banks are high in front of homes and in parking lots as it was blown onto lawns by snow removal, to clear driveways etc . Last night I was at a mall, and I saw several families with kids playing king of the hill on the large ones, and they were having such a good time. My own DS used to play that here where I live. brought back memories. Some games are just timeless.

So what to do today? I guess I can flip a coin between first a nap, then packing and cleaning..............ah and a cosco run to pick up pictures ordered on line. Best put them into the album right away as well!
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Earl is right! It's currently about 55 degrees F, but going to the mid 70's later. It's a beautiful day to do more carpentry work on the building the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are building here.
Single digit midgets for sure, and Vita will start packing soon. (I'll wait until Sunday afternoon late,,,after all, we don't sail 'till Monday!)

Ken
"Sky"
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,,

Yep the weekend finally got here,,,,there was some doubt on my end that it would happen

Today is my daughters birthday,,,she is off in Ft. laud. relaxing with her d/h and I am here with their 3 boys till Monday. I'm sure gonna need my vacation after this.

But no problem mon,,,as we fly out on Fri. to catch the NCL Dawn on Sunday in Miami. Can't get here soon enough for me.

Our weather is sunny but chilly. Mid 30's this a.m. The daffodils are blooming and so are some of the trees. Starting to look like spring.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine to say the least will be busy and eventfull

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Beunos Dias Damas y Caballeros,
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen
See, I go to Mexico for 1 day and the Captain returns a Spanish speaking Gringo!
Yesterday I spent the better part of the afternoon putting together my review of the Paradise cruise we just returned from. Here's a link, if you guys would like to check it out, I posted some pics too:

www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591440

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, we'll be taking it easy today.

Captain
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Sorry I haven't been on the boards for so long, but circumstances at work don't allow me to get on the computer as much as I'd like. I have been reading some of the posts, but I don't dare stay on for too long (If you know what I mean).

We had a wonderful time on our cruise, even though it happend to rain most of the day during our first day at sea. We still came back home with a bit of a tan which made some people very jealous.

Last Saturday, we threw a surprise 80th birthday party for MIL. The surprise was that it was held at her house. We showed up about 2 hours before the guests were to arrive, and started to set everything up. About an hour after everyone else arrived, her son and his daughter showed up which was a total surprise. They drove in from Chicago the day before and stopped off in Syracuse to visit DW's other brother (who could not travel because of medical problems) A great time was had by all.

So today, we finally get to do some cleaning around the house. The dust bunnies are larger than the cats right now, and the cats are afraid...very afraid!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is warm, and humid, and no snow. We have most of the windows open, and if it gets any more humid, we will have to close up the house, and maybe even run the air.

We are ready for the primaries to be here in Texas. I have had more calls from the candidates this time, than ever before. They are on TV and radio. You just can't get away from them. The call I resented the most was the one asking who I would vote for. Isn't the reason the voting booths are enclosed is because we are guaranteed privacy? Well it ends on Tuesday, and it can't come soon enough. Please tell me PA has had their primary.

Not much going on today. Jim is taking the boys to the range. Joshua's last class before graduation is a fire arms class, so they want to practice.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Hello again from snowed-in Montreal! We are getting walloped this time around. Our plans to drive off the island today to visit friends for dinner will have to be cancelled, as right now, we can't even get out of the driveway!
I am sure glad we were not scheduled to fly out to a cruise today, because I'm pretty sure flights are grounded.
I just got a very funny e-mail, complete with irate "smilies" from a friend in Ontario, who's flight out to a Mexico vacation was grounded yesterday after many hours at the airport. Such a disappointment!

So, it looks like a day for relaxing and watching the snow fall......

donna
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The entire week the weather has been quite beautiful in Calgary, with temps in mid 50s F. Cold front coming through today, so we get back to the 20s F.

Have Kuki Jrs. "official" engagement party tonight. Should be a fun party. amd hopefully "the kids" will enjoy it.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM
First Mate

Good morning

RD...you're getting the snow I had yesterday. It was awful here last evening, but cleared up around 11pm.

Cool but at least bright outside.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yeoman

G'morning CM's! Busy day planned for me, finish packing, loading up car, pay bills, go to bookstore to replace a new, unread book chewed up by one of my greyhounds :evil: Getting ready to head out for NC in the morning for the month of March. Someone told me I have one daffodil ready to bloom in my yard so I have to go see it..... Seriously, I have babysitting duties while my son, daughter, their spouses and 3 other couples take a cruise on the Celebration mid-March. I also have to finalize plans to have a large, new utility room built on the farmhouse. My friends up there are telling me a big weather system should be coming in next week and maybe bringing some more snow with it... ...bring it on
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Well, the sleep in went no where and I ended up running around doing errands. Went to the bank, groceries, met a friend for a tea, picked up pictures from cosco........... a couple of birthday gift certificates for a birthday dinner tomorrow night, a productive morning after all. The roads have been cleared, the winter tires make driving fine, the snow has stopped falling, and I guess it is time to go out and shovel since no one else is home.......... Oh well, at least it is a very light easy snow to shovel. I think I will take the dogs out with me, its rather mild, the snow fluffy, they will have some fun. We have a dinner in Hudson tonight, should be nice, good friends, make for good times.

Travelnut you will enjoy DAWN. Well, at least we enjoyed her a great deal, she is a favorite, we took her out of New York. It was a great cruise and the staff were so nice.

Have a great day.......
Old March 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good mornng from Southern California. It's overcast out there but that'll burn off soon enough.

Not much on the slate here except a batch of ironing to do. I washed floors and cleaned bathrooms yesterday.

Gotta go get Sleeping Beauty up to take his meds. Have a good day, everyone.

Judy