Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default SUNDAY

in Amsterdam. Sun is out, but wind is cold, more rain in the forcast. I wish we could send some of the rain to Australia, spoke to my cousin yesterday and for the 10th year in a summer row they cannot sprinkle gardens or what so-ver, the waterreservoir at Melbourne is only 35% full. Other then that, they are good

Yesterday I did some work from home, do it again today, not too much. I probably do it again Wednesday, I liked it last week

Have a nice sunday and behave !!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Admiral

The day starts early, compliments of three doggies who wanted out and breakfrast. Going to breakfrast myself with 12 others for 11 AM. It should be nice. A birthday dinner tonight as well, so it will be a good day filled with loved ones and hopefully fun times. The sun is bright, and strong, it doesnt seem to cold when I went out with the dogs. I am sure more snow is in the forcast some time. Finally finished with ordering prints from last trip before next trips. The albums are done now and will be sent away with the DVD's of the trips. Costco knows me well by now. When I was there yesterday, two people were fighting about who will get my parking spot, so they both went so close to my car I could not back out, they were screaming at each other to get out of the way so that I could get out of the spot. In the end, I thought, forget this, I turn off the engine and made a few phone calls and neither of them got the spot. Children behave better some times! Have a good day.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Booked a cruise (see separate post)

Up early to get ready for church. Then we'll go to the hospital to see my dad. He is doing fine surgically but mentally he is not doing so good. He doesn't like the pain meds they are giving him and he has alot of anxiety. They moved him to the transitional care unit to start his therapy so hopefully that will help. I hate seeing him like this since he is such a cheerful, happy guy.

Not much else going on.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Good Morning Jacqueline and to all CruisesMates. Grey skies expected today and the possibility of more drizzle like we had yesterday, it drizzled on and off all day long.
I'll be around for a while this morning, we are then meeting some friends of ours from Riverisde for lunch and they'll spend the afternoon with us.
Have a Great Sunday, all!

Captain
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from central Texas where it is a balmy 50 something, with rain clouds.

Sad day yesterday. I had to cancel both of my cruises. Jim's job comes first, but I do wish they would leave us alone, when it comes to cruising. I still hope we get one in this year, but it will probably have to be one of those last minute things.

Today is church, and cooking.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

Well it is Sunday the start of a new week and just two weeks before our cruise. My youngest comes in from college Friday night at 9:00 pm and we leave on Saturday at 0700 AM

We are up early for church we have to set up for class , my wife is the Director of Relgious Education for our church. We also will be running the church store, the flu bug is going around.

Luanne: Sorry about you cancelling your cruises, but as a life long Cubbies fan, we always say "There's always next year.

You all have a great day and a great week.

Irish 8)

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure he must be knowing.
The earth has angels all too few.
And heaven is overflowing.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,
It's a beautiful sunny day here in Va. But the temps are still chilly.

Louanne sorry to hear about you having to cancel both of the cruises. That's a real bummer. Hope you can get at least one in later on,,,

I sure feel your pain,,as I might have to cancel mine for next week. Because of health issues. Will find out Monday from the Dr. So everybody cross your fingers for me. I'm gonna have a fit if I have to cancel.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday,,,we are still babysitting.

I spoke to my daughter this a.m. They were in Ft. Laud watching the cruise ships sail out last night. She had never seen one b/4 upclose.
She was very excited about them. Gee maybe I can get them on one now???

Her dh was always so negative about it b/4,,,but think it may have sparked some interest. I'll be working on them now for sure.

Later,,
JoAnne

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the weather is bright and sunny and -9C, but I know it's only a matter of time before it starts snowing again!
The long-range forecast is for snow until Wednesday.
I'm beginning to think spring has forgotten where we live....

We had a fabulous dinner at friends' last night, and an evening full of cruise videos and photos. What a way to spend an evening, with people who love cruising as much as we do! We're hoping to plan one together sometime next year...

Nothing much on the agenda today, just the usual cleaning and tidying.
Maybe get the dog out for a nice long walk, it's beautiful out there today with lots of fresh new sparkling snow!

Luanne, sorry to hear about the cruise cancellation.
Cheryl, hope your dad is feeling himself again soon.
Irish, love your daily blessings!

donna
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today we are having a big spagetti supper, per my granddaughter's request, to celebrate 4 family birthdays, some belated some this week.. so, about 12/13 people....Luckily for me it's Bruce that needs to cook this all..No one wants my meatballs:)

So I will clean, and do the other things that must be done..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday

Good morning from Southern California. The sun is shining on the L.A. Marathon going on at this moment. Runners like it cold and I guess they got their wish today.

Yesterday it drizzled and rained off and on all day, but Keith and I had a pleasant time anyway with lunch and a bit of shopping in Pasadena.

Nothing on the agenda here except the paper and the crosswords, so off to the shower I go.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Dave and I are off to a Houston Astros spring training game today and the weather is just perfect. We're meeting up with some old friends we haven't seen in awhile so should be a great day.
Angela Z.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Nice sunny breezy day here in Florida.

Luanne, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to cancel 2 cruises. What a bummer!!! Hope you can manage to take one of those last minute ones when the opportunity comes along.

Jo, I'll keep you in my prayers. Don't want you to have to cancel your upcoming cruise either. Hope all goes well at the doctors on Monday.

Cheryl, I hope your dad starts feeling better. Some of those pain meds can really mess you up mentally. I'm sure having you around to encourage and cheer him up will help.

Take care everybody.
Phyll
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good morning we just returned from our cruise and had a wonderful time. HOpe all is well with everyone. Now for a much needed nap! ttyl!!
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny with a bit of a chill in the air in Calgary. Temps in the 40s F , and forecast to remain the same most of the week.

Had Kuki Jrs engagement party last night, which we enjoyed.

Today's a rest and recover day.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hiya
Mothers Day here in UK today

Both of my two came over to see me - Kelly aged 20 gave me a large Orchid, and son Steve 22, beauty products, a necklace, and a cookery book (they know I am on my pre-cruise diet, so no chocolates)

Took husbands mum out for a meal at lunchtime - so we both didn't have to cook, and I had roast pork, a good day,
Tour brochure came yesterday, so enjoying looking through that

Sue
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

JEANNEEEEE!!!!! Glad to have you back, you were missed.
Do you think you can wish BLinda Bon Voyage at the neighbours? She leaves tomorrow for the amazon cruise!!

Waiting for your review

Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Luanne,,,,what a BUMMERJ! I guess you'll have to get your hug from the SkyMaster another time! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I will miss you and Jim, but we certainly understand. There will be other cruises for us,,,,,,,all of us!

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline
JEANNEEEEE!!!!! Glad to have you back, you were missed.
Do you think you can wish BLinda Bon Voyage at the neighbours? She leaves tomorrow for the amazon cruise!!

Waiting for your review
Hi Jacki, thanks for the welcome home. Linda and I already exchanged bon voyage emaisl! So no bon voyage at the neighbours.

I think I am coming down with a cold, so will get a review when feeling better. See ya on the boards.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
Admiral

I snuck in late enough to say Good night.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.