Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default TUESDAY MORNING

Goodmorning from cold and sunny Amsterdam.

It is just busy at work, I keep it short

CYA!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Lakeland. It is 68 here. the weatherbug says it will be up to 80 today but rain coming this afternoon.
Today I go to Tampa again for more orientation. I will go there through Thursday. The weekend at the new job was good. It was quiet and comfortable. I am used to working with behavioral problems. This group was helpful and very nice to work with. I only had 3 people at this house and I will have 2 at the house that I will be working at next weekend. What a difference. I think next week I will be resuming my schedule of 3 days at the old job and the weekends at the new job. I will still have Monday and Friday off for "Me" time.
Have a great dau all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 4th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jacqueline! Hope you are feeling well. Start of
another day It goes by so fast.
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Fall has returned to the Space City. Currently 38F and clear skies.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

Well it is Tuesday and it is wet and 68 degrees here. One thing I have learned about springtime in Alabama, as they always say if you don't like the weather give it an hour and it will change.

Nothing much here, just another day at work, gotta pay for those cruises.

Take care and have a great day.

Irish 8)

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Captain

Hi from a very rainy southern Ohio. Temp is in the 50's and not going to change until overnight when it gets colder. This rain may hurt todays election turnout. Thisis on my schedule for today!

Old March 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it sounds like we're in for some rain this evening. Hope it waits til I make it home from work.
Angela Z.
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! It is in the upper 50s here in Philly and will get into the upper 60s but rain is on the way. Our little maltipoo Abbie is recovering well from her little spay operation on Friday. She was a bit slow on Saturday but by Sunday was returning to her normal rambunctious self.

Sunday Marj and I went to the spectactular annual Philadelphia Flower Show. This years theme was Jazz and New Orleans.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Philadelphia Flower Show

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Good morning CM's

After almost 60 degress yesterday, we have much cooler weather this morning in Toronto.

Apparently we are under another Winter Storm watch. but what else is new.

Doug great picture. We have a similar show here in Toronto called Canada Blooms. I really enjoy going to it. I wonder what this years theme will be.
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where here it is also very damp and mild and grey out side. One station says flurries Wednesday, another says a storm...who knows any more. The seasons start to do a change over.

Busy day today so time to head out the door. Have a great day every one.
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from sunny Florida. Looks like we'll be in for showers for the next few days.

I'll be going out with the condo ladies for lunch this afternoon. Those are always fun, and a good chance to chat and get to know some more of my neighbors.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Another top o the mornin' from Lakeland, Florida. As Laura said, it looks to be another beautiful day in the neighborhood. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are getting so short for our next cruise, we can sit on a dime and dangle our legs! I'm amazed that she hasn't started packing yet, however she did say something about shopping for the cruise!

See y'all aboard,

Ken
"Sky"
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Warm day to start but rain is on the way.

Hope the rain holds out until the glass company goes to my house to fix my son's windshield. Big crack from falling ice.

My dad is improving but physically and mentally each day. They had him walking with a walker yesterday. His knee looks great. A big scar, 26 staples and a few stitches.

Looking forward to the AAA Travel Marketplace this weekend at Gillette Stadium. I would have waited and booked our May cruise there but at the time I booked, there were only 2 grand suites left. Needless to say, there are none left now.

Time to make the money and do some work.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where my computer is flashing a "Winter storm, snow and blowing snow warning"!
Right now it's just dull and windy, but who knows what's coming...

It's March break for many of the schools around here this week, and consequently our daycare is only about a third full. Out of 80 kids, we only had about 25 yesterday. Our wonderful boss is working out a schedule to give each of us teachers a day off with pay this week, so we will run on skeleton staff. My turn comes on Thursday!

Doug, thanks for the photo of the flowers, a real lift when all you see is white day after day. I think I'm due for a trip to the Botanical Gardens.....

donna
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning and thank God for those "Z Pak" the doctor gave me. I am feeling a little better this morning, not coughing as much and finally slept a little last night.
The sun is out like Phyll said, but rain is forecast. Not going to complain because we can always use it.

Laura, I was away for your birthday so Ellis and I are wishing you a belated but very happy Birthday. Sounds like your new job is going to be much bettr for you.

Wishing you all a safe and good day!
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very cool central Texas.

Well, I am back to being a card carrying military wife again. Got my new ID card this morning Remember yesterday I didn't have the right ID, so this time I brought out the big guns, Passport!!!

We have also voted. It always gives me a thrill to do so. We received 2 more calls from the Obama camp last night. That brings the total to 6 calls. None from the other candidates, thank goodness. Funny thing was for extra credit, my son needed to discuss the election with someone, and report on it this morning. He took the last call last night, and did just that. It was so cute, and mom was so proud. She raised a little Republican.

Today I have to clean one last time, before we leave. After that my house is at the will of my kids. Lord help us all!!!

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
First Mate

Well, I am looking out at 1 1/2" of rapidly melting snow. This is the kind of snow I like...... it snows a little overnight and looks pretty and then the sun comes out and it melts. We got 5" of rain yesterday before it started snowing...... soggy, soggy, soggy..... and quite a few streets flooded.

Everybody have a great day!
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Good Morning all from a Sunny Southern California.
Off to BIG 5 Sporting Goods this morning to return a pos Elliptical Cross Trainer we purchased on Sunday. Piece of Crap made in China :evil: :evil: , although what isn't made in some prison camp over there nowadays ?!?! The thing has a built in electronic calender, you enter the year, the month and the date and it is supposed to bring up the day automatically, it showed yesterday as being a Sunday!!?!?! I then check the month of February and I found out some Chinese jerk who must have programmed the unit that he/she did not realise 2008 is a leap year! What a freaking joke! So I worked out on the machine and after 2 minutes it was showing I had already burned 40 calories. What a piece of crap, garbage! Wouldn't it be great it you burned 20 calories a minute?!?!
Have a good one, all.

Captain
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning again from Southern California.

Doug, thanks for the pic. I don't even know if we have flower shows here in SoCal. Probably, but I've never had a green thumb, so didn't pay attention. I've been to the Descanso Gardens in Pasadena when the camelias bloom. Guess that'll be pretty soon, as well.

Capt., we don't even have a scale in our house. They never work, so we gave up. Keith weighs at the gym, and I, well, I keep fantasizing that I'm six feet tall and weigh 100 lbs., young and gorgeous!

Keith has a doctor's appt. this a.m., so I'd better go get the show on the road.

Judy
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yeoman

Hi all! I made it up here to NC late Sunday night and other than almost getting into a several car chain collision in that construction mess in Tampa, the trip was good.

Right now it is pouring rain and is expected to do that all day long. I guess I won't go grocery shopping today, although I desperately need some groceries. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go out for supper tonight (again)...

Edited to change day from Monday to Sunday....geesh, must be all this rain we're getting is making my brain soggy too!